Since Nov 9, 2008
OFFICIAL READING LIST FOR SMALL ‘L’ LIBERTARIANS:
Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman
The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich Hayek
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Economics
Economics in One Lesson by Henry Hazlitt
New Ideas From Dead Economists by Todd Bucholz
Marxism: Philosophy and Economics by Thomas Sowell
The Economics and Politics of Race by Thomas Sowell
Civil Rights: Rhetoric or Reality by Thomas Sowell
The Mystery of Capital by Hernando De Soto
On Classical Economics by Thomas Sowell
Ten Universal Economic Policy Suggestions:
1. No price and/or wage controls, supports, or distortion of the price system via needless regulation or subsidies.
2. Unfettered free trade except for national defense purposes.
3. No regulatory boards, use litigation institutions and well-defined property rights instead.
4. No occupational licensing.
5. No protectionism.
6. No macroeconomic stabilization.
7. Flat income or consumption tax as the only tax with the possible exception of Pigovian taxes.
8. No economic sanctions against other nations. They are 100% counterproductive.
9. Legalize drugs.
10. Liberalize private space travel.
The greatest threat to freedom in our time is abortion. When the government decides who gets the right to life and who doesn't--for no crime and with no due process--nobody is safe. The whims of the politicians decide our fate.