Since Jul 9, 2004
You might be a Redneck if:
1. It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God"
2. You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
3. You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival".
4. You remove your hat and bow your head when anyone prays .
5. You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play our National Anthem.
6. You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect , and always have.
7. You've never burned an American flag, but would kick someone's BUTT that did.
8. You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
9 You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.
10. You'd give your last dollar to a friend.
Words of London Mayor Ken Livingston (Ken The Red) after July 7, 2005 terrorist attacks:
"I want to say one thing: This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty or the powerful, it is not aimed at presidents or prime ministers, it was aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners,"
"That isn't an ideology, it isn't even a perverted faith, it's mass murder. We know what the objective is. They seek to divide London."
"Black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindus and Jews, young and old," "It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, class, religion whatever."
Then addressing the attackers Livingston vowed: "I know that you do fear you may fail in your long term objective: to destroy our free society. And I will show you why you will fail. In the days that follow, look at our airports, look at our seaports and look at our railways."
"Nothing you do, however many of us you kill will stop that life ... where freedom is strong and people can live in harmony ... whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.
"Never give in. Never, never, never, never! Never yield in any way great or small except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force and the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~Winston Churchill
(From The Congressional Record, Jan. 10, 1963)
FOR FREEDOM & JUSTICE GROUP ^ | June 3, 2003 | Congressional Record Posted on 06/03/2003 7:16:19 PM PDT by CHACHI
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
9. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If it's charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
10. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
11. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts forsocialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
12. Gain control of all student newspapers.
13. Use student riots to ferment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
14. Infiltrate the Press.
15. Gain control of key positions in radio, T.V., and motion pictures.
16. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
17. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.
18. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
19. Break down culture standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and T.V.
20. Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity, as "normal, natural, healthy."
21. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
22. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
23. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
24. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
25. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the cultural education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
26. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrist can understand or treat.
27. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
28. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
Muslim Bumper Stickers:
My other car is a bomb
This vehicle makes wide right turns into buildings
Keep honking, I'm rewiring
Visualize World Jihad
My other car is in the abdomens of 50 Israeli civilians!
I blew up 500 friendly Iraqis and all I got was this lousy bumper sticker.
0 to KABOOM in .2 seconds.
My 12-year-old can blow up your honor student
In case of Jihad this car will be exploded
Martyrs do it like it's their last time
My kid and YOUR money go to Gitmo Bay.
I'm Muslim but you're ugly and I can blow myself up
Baby Terrorist On Board
If you can read this, there's a car bomb in the trunk.
Fatah you looking at?
Honk if you Beat your Wife
Driver carries only $20 worth of C4
AND MY FAVORITE... What part of ULLULULULULULULU did you not understand?
From Wikipedia, the free, online encyclopedia:
According to Limbaugh's doctors, Limbaugh's deafness was caused by an autoimmune disease.
When Limbaugh revealed in 2003 that he was addicted to Vicodin, some doctors drew a link between his deafness and his drug abuse. (For instance, see the Health on the Next Foundation or reflector.com.)
Nonetheless, as of 2005, no linkage between Vicodin and deafness has been scientifically substantiated, and no doctor who has actually examined Limbaugh has publicly offered any explanation for his deafness besides autoimmune disease.
The link you followed was invalid. We don't have enough information to complete your request. If you were attempting to post a new thread, click here to post to News/Activism, or click here to post to General Interest.
Click here for a list of forums.
If you were attempting to log in, click here to log in. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Okay
Bush Derangement Syndrome
Bush Derangement Syndrome: the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush.
Dec 5, 2003 by Charles Krauthammer
Diane Rehm: ``Why do you think he (Bush) is suppressing that (Sept. 11) report?''
Howard Dean: ``I don't know. There are many theories about it. The most interesting theory that I've heard so far -- which is nothing more than a theory, it can't be proved -- is that he was warned ahead of time by the Saudis. Now who knows what the real situation is?'' -- ``Diane Rehm Show,'' NPR, Dec. 1
It has been 25 years since I discovered a psychiatric syndrome (for the record: ``Secondary Mania,'' Archives of General Psychiatry, November 1978), and in the interim I haven't been looking for new ones. But it's time to don the white coat again.
A plague is abroad in the land. Bush Derangement Syndrome: the acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the presidency -- nay -- the very existence of George W. Bush. Now, I cannot testify to Howard Dean's sanity before this campaign, but five terms as governor by a man with no visible tics and no history of involuntary confinement is pretty good evidence of a normal mental status. When he avers, however, that ``the most interesting'' theory as to why the president is ``suppressing'' the 9/11 report is that Bush knew about 9/11 in advance, it's time to check on thorazine supplies.
When Rep. Cynthia McKinney first broached this idea before the 2002 primary election, it was considered so nutty it helped make her former Rep. McKinney. Today the Democratic presidential front-runner professes agnosticism as to whether the president of the United States was tipped off about 9/11 by the Saudis, and it goes unnoticed. The virus is spreading. It is, of course, epidemic in New York's Upper West Side and the tonier parts of Los Angeles, where the very sight of the president -- say, smiling while holding a tray of Thanksgiving turkey in a Baghdad mess hall -- caused dozens of cases of apoplexy in otherwise healthy adults.
What is worrying epidemiologists about the Dean incident, however, is that heretofore no case had been reported in Vermont, or any other dairy state. Moreover, Dean is very smart. Until now, Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) had generally struck people with previously compromised intellectual immune systems. Hence its prevalence in Hollywood. Barbra Streisand, for example, wrote her famous September 2002 memo to Dick Gephardt warning that the president was dragging us toward war to satisfy, among the usual corporate malefactors who ``clearly have much to gain if we go to war against Iraq,'' the logging industry -- timber being a major industry in a country that is two-thirds desert.
It is true that BDS has struck some pretty smart guys -- Bill Moyers ranting about a ``right-wing wrecking crew'' engaged in ``a deliberate, intentional destruction of the United States way of governing'' and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, whose recent book attacks the president so virulently that Krugman's British publisher saw fit to adorn the cover with images of Dick Cheney in a Hitler-like mustache and Bush stitched-up like Frankenstein.
Nonetheless, some observers took that to be satire; others wrote off Moyers and Krugman as simple aberrations, the victims of too many years of neurologically hazardous punditry. That's what has researchers so alarmed about Dean. He had none of the usual risk factors: Dean has never opined for a living, and has no detectable sense of humor.
Even worse is the fact that he is now exhibiting symptoms of a related illness, Murdoch Derangement Syndrome (MDS), in which otherwise normal people believe that their minds are being controlled by a single, very clever Australian.
Chris Matthews: ``Would you break up Fox?''
Howard Dean: ``On ideological grounds, absolutely yes, but ... I don't want to answer whether I would break up Fox or not. ... What I'm going to do is appoint people to the FCC that believe democracy depends on getting information from all portions of the political spectrum, not just one.''
Some clinicians consider this delusion -- that Americans can only get their news from one part of the political spectrum -- the gravest of all. They report that no matter how many times sufferers in padded cells are presented with flash cards with the symbols ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, Time, Newsweek, New York Times, Washington Post, L.A. Times -- they remain unresponsive, some in a terrifying near-catatonic torpor.
The sad news is that there is no cure. But there is hope. There are many fine researchers seeking that cure.
Your donation to the BDS Foundation, no matter how small, can help. Mailing address: Republican National Committee, Washington DC, Attention: psychiatric department.
Just make sure your amount does not exceed $2,000 ($4,000 for a married couple). Charles Krauthammer is a 1987 Pulitzer Prize winner, 1984 National Magazine Award winner, and a columnist for The Washington Post since 1985. Copyright © 2003 Townhall.com
Native American (Hopi) Prayer I give you this one thought to keep
I am with you still
I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift, uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone
I am with you still
in each new dawn.
Summary of views (for convenient reference before flaming me):
Supporter, volunteer and contributor to President Bush
For: lower taxes, including a capital gains tax cut
For: profiling at airports
For: legal immigration, at reasonable levels
Against: illegal immigration
Against: excessive regulation of business, industry, agriculture and other natural-resource industries
Against: the closing off of our national forests and BLM land to multiple use
For: property rights
For: increased use of modern diesel engine technology in the U.S., and compression-ignition-friendly emissions standards
For: gun rights for all law-abiding citizens
For: national reciprocity of concealed carry permits
For: a Federal Air Travel Concealed Carry volunteer permit program
For: guns for pilots
For: school vouchers
Against: Islamist extremists and the governments that are their enablers
For: truly peaceful Muslims who love America and aren't afraid to say so
For: equitable peace in the Holy Land without the threat of terror
Against: race-based preferential policies
Against: death penalty
Against: same-sex marriage
Against: euthanasia/assisted suicide
For: keeping a sense of humor while we debate all this weighty stuff