Skip to comments.FReeper Display of Arms and Bearers *2016/03 Thread*
Posted on 02/02/2016 1:09:38 PM PST by conservativeimage.com
Deter predators and defy appeasers. Display your defense training here once a month. Keep buying guns and ammo. Start asking your neighbors if they would like to come to the shooting range with you. Start talking with them about civilian alert and surveillance systems you can put in place to come to each other's aid and upload any confrontations to the internet to be viewed by the public.
- Do not publish personal information such as last names, email addresses, phone numbers, license plates, home addresses, etc. Use private email to arrange meetings with other members. Posting first name and general location is acceptable.
- This is not a jokes board. For the love of God, for the sake of self defense rights, this is not the time or place to joke about guns. Please disarm gun haters by contributing to this monthly thread with all seriousness, safety and sobriety. Do not horseplay with guns.
- Do not use targets that could be perceived by viewers as a threat to a living person or group.
- One month recent photo only. Please try to date stamp for the record. - Selfies are good. Larger group photos are better and send a stronger message.
- If you want to keep your identity or specific weapon make unknown, then only photograph your target results noting distance and general weapon type - rifle, handgun, bow and arrow, sling shot, etc. If you want your photos scrubbed or photoshopped to prevent tracking, email them to me and I will print screen copy them and delete the originals. If you can not upload pictures and videos, email them to FReeper Display of Arms and Bearers @ ConservativeImage.com (no spaces) and I will host them for you.
- Guns are for defense only. Civilians do not take law into their own hands. A deadly weapon may only be used to prevent the loss of life, liberty or property or for the purposes of target practice or hunting.
Didn’t you get torn up previously about a thread with “rules”?
Hey, by the way.. scope out keyword TCMS...
Some of us been having gun events for more than a decade.
I get trolled relentlessly here but I am relentless. There’s nothing unreasonable about establishing some guidelines. I have to address gun safety and horseplay because in my research I found that FReepers act like nut bags about the subject and that is bad for the cause. I checked out TCMS before starting display of arms. They apparently meet in Texas once a year. That’s not good enough for me. This is once a month, anywhere USA.
BTW, do you know it's against Federal law to destroy or deface US currency?
Shootists have been plinking coins and taking photos with guns for over a hundred years. But I appreciate how you’re adapting to the times.
“BTW, do you know it’s against Federal law to destroy or deface US currency?”
Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States;
or Whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered, defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or lightened - Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
Since shooting a hole in a quarter doesn't involve fraud, I don't think the LEO's will come after us.
My apologies to General Washington, to me the marvel is merely that I was able to hit a target that small and shape from that distance and the intriguing ballistics of how the projectile and coin interacted. In fact when I saw the first shot through the scope was right where it was suppose to be, I laughed out loud. Even though I wasn’t the one who overcame the technological challenges it takes to stab a quarter from 75 feet away, I felt like I had accomplished something impossible without effort. Yep, there’s clearly criminal intent there.
You got all three through the same hole from 75 feet? Gosh, that’s awesome. And through a hole in the top of your car too. Mobile infantry!
Can you shoot bitcoins with a taser? tryin’ to keep up here.
Yes it was a spectacular group. that is why I stopped and took a photo of it. I was shooting five shot groups but just couldn’t take a chance on a fourth shot.
What the hell do you mean by that last statement? I was standing in my driveway using the top of the car as a rest.
What kind? Do you shoot Field Target? What kind of glass do you have on it?
One of the guys I shoot with bagged a pest bird with a .177 off the top of a phone pole at 168 yards not long ago.
The gun was a cheap Daisy break barrel springer made in Spain. I bought it around 20 years ago and it never shot well at all. In fact it shot poorly.
Around once a year I would take it out and hope it had somehow changed but it would always be the same old storyl Bad accuracy.
Pellet barrels are not supposed to need a lot of cleaning and sometimes none at all but I finally got out a jar of Hoppes #9 and began cleaning the bore. The problem was the patches kept coming out black no matter how many I put through it.
I finally took a bronze bore brush to it and that did it. The first three patches came out filthy but by the fourth was nearly clean. I then pushed a couple through with Mil-tec1 to prevent corrosion and then wiped it with a dry patch.
As soon as I started shooting, it clearly had become a different gun. I think that one group was one of the very first. Interestingly the rifle was made in Spain and the cheap Daisy pellets were also made in Spain.
I never did get any groups that good again but just about all of them were close to that good.
My Grandson has it now.
Texas Plinking Party.
Helluva Good Job !
Whoops! Sorry I misread that. Thought you said you were firing through your sun roof. But that would’ve been cool, right? When I was a kid I use to set up glass bottles in a box at the far corner of the back yard. Then I’d climb up 50 feet to the top of the tree in the opposite side of front yard and destroy those bottles over the roof of my split level house with a c02 pistol. Even though it was insignificant, it was still a thrill.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.