Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Less than 55 yrs old----You do not know!!!!

Posted on 08/26/2004 7:35:07 AM PDT by Tannerone

You do not know the two Hanoi's if you are less than 55 years old.

TOPICS: Miscellaneous
KEYWORDS: 39andknows; genx; grumpyoldfart; hanoijane; hanoijohn; hatesgenxers; mybrainisinmya
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-205 next last
Voters less than 55 years old have no idea of the havoc and death caused by the two Hanoi's.

Now these two Hanoi's want respectibility. Respect is earned and thus far the two Hanoi's have not apologized for the destruction they caused.

If you are less than 55 yrs old do yourself a great favor and read some late 60's history.

I lived through this Havoc but some of my friends did not. It would lose no sleep if both Hanoi's burned to death tonight. They are eventually going to burn in hell for their actions. you are right I am a consertavive that belives ther is right and wrong and no in-between.

JC

1 posted on 08/26/2004 7:35:08 AM PDT by Tannerone
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: Tannerone
Voters less than 55 years old have no idea of the havoc and death caused by the two Hanoi's.

BS.

2 posted on 08/26/2004 7:36:44 AM PDT by TomServo ("Meanwhile, the Midvale police visit his locker and find out why they call him 'Buzz'...")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Um, yeah. Good luck with all that.

3 posted on 08/26/2004 7:37:14 AM PDT by TheBigB (Sure wish -I- had one'a them anti-shrew barrels...)

Bullsh*t!! I'm 50 and I know very well!

4 posted on 08/26/2004 7:37:50 AM PDT by Chi-townChief

To: TheBigB

Rock climbing?

5 posted on 08/26/2004 7:37:50 AM PDT by TomServo ("Meanwhile, the Midvale police visit his locker and find out why they call him 'Buzz'...")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Comment #6 Removed by Moderator

I'm 53 ... I know

7 posted on 08/26/2004 7:39:00 AM PDT by clamper1797 (This Vietnam Vet is NOT Fonda kerry)

47 and I know both hanois by their smell.

does one have to be 245ish in order to know Benedict ARnold?

8 posted on 08/26/2004 7:39:25 AM PDT by camle (keep your mind open and somebody will fill it with something for you))

9 posted on 08/26/2004 7:39:49 AM PDT by Corin Stormhands (John Kerry LIED and good men DIED for your right to vote against him.)

Calm Down.
10 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:09 AM PDT by kinsman redeemer (the real enemy seeks to devour what is good)

You are right. I'm 47. I was in the 6th grade during the '68 election and I graduated in '75. I don't remember much about the anti-war protest, in fact, I didn't even have family in the military at the time except a cousin I didn't know then. That's why the second half of "Unfit For Command" was sooo informative to me. My husband (may he rest in peace) was a Vietnam vet and told me about the hatred he and his brother received when they came home from Vietnam. It was unbelievable.

11 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:18 AM PDT by eccentric (aka baldwidow)

umm I'm 47 and I DO know. I lived on Air Force Bases all during that time frame. I followed the news right along with my father. I also was taught (by the lamestreammedia) at that early age, how anti-military and anti-american they really are.

Don't tell me I have no idea.

12 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:18 AM PDT by Leatherneck_MT (Goodnight Chesty, wherever you may be.)

To: Tannerone; Conspiracy Guy; Darksheare; Zavien Doombringer; 68-69TonkinGulfYachtClub

Oh, really PING!

13 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:31 AM PDT by Old Sarge (ZOT 'em all, let MOD sort 'em out!)

55 may not be correct, but I agree younger people don't know it like folks who were there do. I was born in 1967, so I didn't know a lot of this stuff about Kerry.

14 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:48 AM PDT by Huck (I love the USA!)

I just turned 40 and I know.

15 posted on 08/26/2004 7:40:50 AM PDT by jennyjenny

My daughter is 30 and my son 37. Trust me: they know very well of the treachery, perfidy, and perniciousness of Hanoi Jane and Miguel.

16 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:01 AM PDT by x1stcav (John Kerry was the only hero from Vietnam; the rest of us were war criminals.)

To: qam1; ItsOurTimeNow; PresbyRev; tortoise; Fraulein; StoneColdGOP; Clemenza; malakhi; m18436572; ...
Xer Ping

Ping list for the discussion of the politics and social aspects that directly effects Gen-Reagan/Generation-X (Those born from 1965-1981) including all the spending previous generations (i.e. The Baby Boomers) are doing that Gen-X and Y will end up paying for.

Freep mail me to be added or dropped. See my home page for details and previous articles.

17 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:01 AM PDT by qam1 (McGreevy likes his butts his way, I like mine my way - so NO SMOKING BANS in New Jersey)

"Voters less than 55 years old have no idea of the havoc and death caused by the two Hanoi's "

Hogwash

18 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:02 AM PDT by blackbag (trust no one)

Goofy post candidate of the day nomination.

19 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:02 AM PDT by Protagoras (" I believe that's the role of the federal government, to help people"...GWB, 7-23-04)

I'm 36, and I think I figured it out just fine, thank you.

Also, thank you for your service!

20 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:22 AM PDT by Egon (Kerry in 1970: Don't suppose he voted FOR assasinating our leaders, before voting against it...)

Voters less than 55 years old ?

Less than 45 maybe - we pulled the last troops out in 1974 or was it 73? Damn! I've lost track of all those years.

21 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:24 AM PDT by steplock

My daughter's 21. I have made certain that she knows.

22 posted on 08/26/2004 7:41:57 AM PDT by sarasota

Dick and Jane?

23 posted on 08/26/2004 7:42:20 AM PDT by ItsTheMediaStupid

My 16 Year old son knows. Amazing, this little thing called the internet that Al Gore invented has educated legions of youth.

Gwjack

24 posted on 08/26/2004 7:42:39 AM PDT by gwjack (Will Rogers never met the current democrats.)

If we're less than 55 yrs old, do we have to read this thread? :)

25 posted on 08/26/2004 7:42:49 AM PDT by IDontLikeToPayTaxes

Wrong - I'm 54 and I'm reliving those turbulent anti-war times again - - and it stinks!

I want Kerry and his anti-war, dirty hippy ilk to go down in flames -- hopefully for the last time!

26 posted on 08/26/2004 7:42:49 AM PDT by duckbutt ( Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear)

You are wrong.

27 posted on 08/26/2004 7:42:57 AM PDT by Delta 21 (MKC USCG -ret)

I was old enough to go to Nam but not old enough to have an idea?

Goofy

28 posted on 08/26/2004 7:43:10 AM PDT by Protagoras (" I believe that's the role of the federal government, to help people"...GWB, 7-23-04)

To: steplock

I was in country from March 72 till March 73 ... We were mining Hiapong Harbor bombing dykes and joking that we missed one (fonda) I'm 53 and I know quite well

29 posted on 08/26/2004 7:43:39 AM PDT by clamper1797 (This Vietnam Vet is NOT Fonda kerry)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

I'm 45 years old and fully understand why the two Hanoi's should be rotting in prison right now until the end of their loser treasonous lives have expired.

Oh, and I also vote too!!!

30 posted on 08/26/2004 7:44:00 AM PDT by Popman

To: TomServo

Let's see if he posts the same thing another 30 times first. ;)

31 posted on 08/26/2004 7:44:06 AM PDT by TheBigB (Sure wish -I- had one'a them anti-shrew barrels...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: TheBigB
Let's see if he posts the same thing another 30 times first. ;)

LOL - ok...

32 posted on 08/26/2004 7:44:27 AM PDT by TomServo ("Meanwhile, the Midvale police visit his locker and find out why they call him 'Buzz'...")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

I'm 52, a Navy bride in '69. I know and I am spreading the word.

BTW, those who "don't know about the two Hanoi's don't even know what you are talking about". You need to be more specific and maybe post some links for them.

33 posted on 08/26/2004 7:44:50 AM PDT by jamaly (Jesus And Momma Always Love You)

I'm less than 2000 years old, but I still know the significance and meaning of Molon Labe.

34 posted on 08/26/2004 7:44:56 AM PDT by spunkets

I'm 29, and I DO know the havoc and death caused by the hanoi wundertwins!

35 posted on 08/26/2004 7:46:07 AM PDT by Darksheare (The Liberals say: Join me and together we shall RUE the galaxy!)

My dad drilled them into me, thanks. He's not a political animal nor does he have strong opinions in general, but there are two and only two people he truly hates: Fonda and Kerry.

36 posted on 08/26/2004 7:46:28 AM PDT by Nataku X (John sez: NO BLOOD FOR PURPLE HEARTS!)

Don't even go there. I'm 51 and did my tour "in country" at the exact same time Kerry was testifying before congress!

37 posted on 08/26/2004 7:47:33 AM PDT by Natural Law

You sure stepped in this one , be careful you don't track it all thru the house.

38 posted on 08/26/2004 7:47:53 AM PDT by blastdad51 (Proud father of an Enduring Freedom vet, and friend of a soldier lost in Afghanistan)

Horsepuckey. AS if we lived in a vacumn. My friends included adults when I was a kid. I'm just a pup of 47, but D@mn, I know. Too many friends lost then and now to their BS.

39 posted on 08/26/2004 7:48:39 AM PDT by Smokin' Joe (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain....)

Me thinks you ought to change the title to "IF YOU ARE A LIBERAL YOU DON"T KNOW!"

41 years old.

40 posted on 08/26/2004 7:49:14 AM PDT by longfellow (You're either with US or from Hollywood! Ultimateamerican.com)

I am 51 and I remember clearly the uproar over Hanoi Jane and John Kerry's traitorism.

IT IS SEARED IN MY MEMORY !

41 posted on 08/26/2004 7:49:27 AM PDT by Mayflower Sister

I'm 24 years old and I do know what you speak of. Just because I'm young, doesn't mean I'm dumb or uninformed.

Please do not try to insult people you know nothing about.

42 posted on 08/26/2004 7:49:52 AM PDT by Doodish

Considering that I have a M.A. in Western Civilization, had a father who served two tours of duty in Vietnam (26th Marines), and am capable of independant thought, I'll bet I have MORE of an idea than you do.

Why is it that the 60's generation feels it has the exclusive, and unassailable, right to all knowledge, feelings, morality and historical point of view vis-a-vis Vietnam? Could it be a sense of overwhelming, collective guilt on the part of those that did not go? Could it be the sheepish remorse of those that saw their friends, neighbors and brothers get blasted to smithereens while they stayed home, protesting, fornicating and getting high?

Or perhaps it's simply, as my father once said, a matter of those that did go trying to regain their self-respect in the eyes of a nation that rejected them and of those that didn't to find some justification for their own short-sighted selifshness in protesting the war?

I am assuming the "two Hanois" you're referring to are "Hanoi Jane" and John Kerry (among others). It doesn't take a Baby Boomer to realize that anyone who gives aid, comfort and easy propaganda victories to an enemy has done irreperable harm to the country and it's military.

So, I can give a tinker's cuss about you being 55+. That does NOT qualify you as an expert on anything, nor does it make you omniscient.

It' been long past time when the people of your generation stop believing that you are the most noble, wisest, truthful, caring and sensitive people to have ever walked the planet. None of you can hold a candle to your parent's generation, and quite frankly, most of you are a bunch of whining crybabies who will live fat, dumb and happy off the sweat of my brow for far longer than you deserve.

The 60's are over. Get on with your bad self.

43 posted on 08/26/2004 7:51:46 AM PDT by Wombat101 (Sanitized for YOUR protection....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: TomServo

Notice he's not responding to anyone, either...

44 posted on 08/26/2004 7:51:51 AM PDT by TheBigB (Sure wish -I- had one'a them anti-shrew barrels...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

This here's what you call a total troll.
45 posted on 08/26/2004 7:53:02 AM PDT by Hemingway's Ghost (Spirit of '75)

To: Old Sarge

I'm 29, and this guy's saying that I have not a clue about the nightmare and destructionthe hanoi wundertwins did?!
Has he acknowledged his error yet anywhere?

46 posted on 08/26/2004 7:53:34 AM PDT by Darksheare (The Liberals say: Join me and together we shall RUE the galaxy!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Uh, 45 and VERY aware of what went on. Be careful just lumping everyone together. That is too simplistic.

47 posted on 08/26/2004 7:54:28 AM PDT by technomage

I am 38, second to youngest of 5 siblings.

I know, I may have been too young to understand all of the implications, but I learned.

I remember my oldest brother and sister with their POW bracelets. I remember seeing the helicopter evacuation on TV. I may not have understood it all, but I do remember

I can not tell you of the ugliness from first hand knowledge, but I know what happened after the fact. You cannot lump everyone under 50 as not knowing what went on. I don't think that's fair.

As my children remember what happened on 9/11, but were too young to fully understand, I remember Vietnam

48 posted on 08/26/2004 7:55:26 AM PDT by backinthefold (No, I wasn't actually in Cambodia at Christmas, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night)

I was really into '60s history as a teenager. I guess I was more into pop culture, though, since I had not heard of John Kerry -- specifically -- before. Even then I was disgusted to read about the treatment of the vets at the time.

49 posted on 08/26/2004 7:55:43 AM PDT by HungarianGypsy

That's funny. I'm only 50 and I remember it vividly. I enlisted in the USAF straight out of high school in May 1972. I had seen these vermin and their rabid protests all through my high school years. I loathed them then and now.

Don't pick a number at random and proclaim such a silly thing.

50 posted on 08/26/2004 7:55:55 AM PDT by Conspiracy Guy (I'm Conspiracy Guy and I approve this message. "John Kerry is a liar!")

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200201-205 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson