Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

This thread has been locked, it will not receive new replies.
Locked on 05/08/2006 4:49:37 AM PDT by Admin Moderator, reason:

Continuing here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/1628490/posts

Skip to comments.

American Idol 2006--Live Thread (Part II)
FOX ^ | 3-25-06

Posted on 03/24/2006 9:00:43 PM PST by silent_jonny

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

still for Tammy

TOPICS: Chit/Chat; Humor; TV/Movies
KEYWORDS: aceisajoke; aceisweird; acesscar; ai06; ai5; americanidol; baldisbeautiful; boobarama; brennamustgo; buckysux; chrisdishotttttt; chrisiscool; chrisisnumberone; chrisisthecatsmeow; chrisrocks; chriswillwin; elliottrules; fatbottomedgirls; gayce; gherkin; gomandisago; hollyweird; idol; idol06; idol5; ishotthesherrif; katsboobs; kellieistoohot; kelliemania; kellypicklerishot; letsripeachidolapart; mammaries; mandisasgotback; mcbeaver; mcboobies; mcfeedher; mcgypsyroselee; mclapdance; mcmalfunction; mcpanites; mcpantylines; mcpheever; mcthong; mcwardrobe; minxesrule; myspiritisbroken; partii; paulaisbombed; snotrag; taylorsucks; taylorwillalwayssuck; teethgotpulled; terihatchryansecrest; texasflower; whatifchrisisaloser; whatifyouarealoser; whatsballsy; yaminthemachine; yaminwin; youmovedme
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 11,351-11,385 next last

“This thread is the most fun on FR and this season is almost over.....makes me sad. :-( ”

the next Idol is only seven months away… we can meet again in January…:)

“Great! That’s what I wanted to hear.”

This thread is dedicated to the one person who would have enjoyed it most

Tammy Gammon

We miss you, Tammy

You were a real Texas flower

“Texasflower helped make the AI threads so much fun. She always made me smile. FR will not be the same without her.” ~ Retrokitten

“I simply adored her ability to butt heads and loved reading her posts. She was always there with the perfect hug or hatpin, whichever she felt was most deserved.” ~ Doodlelady

“The sweetest, funniest, kindest poster on the AI threads where I had the honor of ‘meeting’ her.” ~ Jrabbit

“Texasflower was an integral part of our ‘American Idol’ gang. She was always sweet and upbeat and kind to all.” ~ Palladin

“In the beginning of November I was thinking about her because the town I work in was having their elections and it reminded me about her Dad going to vote in the ambulance … I loved her and miss her.” ~ No More Apples

“She was unfailingly polite, and more than that. Kind, thoughtful, patriotic, encouraging. A blessing. She was one of my most favorite FReepers, and I do not say that very often. She was exceptional.”

“We never truly know how deeply our lives touch others. I certainly never communicated fully to Tammy how much her posts lifted me up, and I regret that. I assumed she would continue to be there and I would be able to keep responding to her appreciatively.

“We will know in heaven the effect of our lives, when everyone gathers around the Lamb's throne and all our hearts are open and all our secrets known, and we have till forever to tell one another how God blessed us through each other …” ~ GretchenM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Texasflower

Prayers & Condolences

“She'll be a light here forever” ~ Doodlelady

1 posted on 03/24/2006 9:00:46 PM PST by silent_jonny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

To: silent_jonny
The Top 12

(In Alphabetical Order)

Paris Bennett

Paris began singing at the age of 4. She has performed in numerous concerts and has opened for many groups, including Bow Wow. Paris is a skilled dancer in hip-hop, jazz and modern African dance.

Kevin Covais

Kevin is a junior at Island Trees High School in Levittown, NY. He has been performing since he was 10 years old and has appeared in productions such as "Guys and Dolls" and "Godspell." Kevin also is a member of the Chorale in the Metropolitan Youth Orchestra and the Nassau/Suffolk Jazz ensemble.

Bucky Covington

Bucky lives in his hometown of Rockingham, NC. At the age of 19, he picked up a guitar for the first time and soon after joined his first band. About two years ago, Bucky switched to a country/beach/rock band and realized that his talent crosses many types of music.

Chris Daughtry

Chris discovered his singing ability in algebra class. A gifted guitar player and songwriter, Chris has already recorded a CD with his band Absent Element. For the past three years, Chris has been a service advisor for a car dealership in Greensboro, NC. In 2000, Chris married his wife Deanna and became a stepfather of two.

Taylor Hicks

Taylor is a blue-eyed soul singer who has played every honky-tonk imaginable. A talented writer and harmonica player, Taylor enters the competition with almost 29 years of singing experience, as he has been singing since he could crawl.

Mandisa Hundley

Born and raised in Citrus Heights, CA, Mandisa moved to Nashville to study singing at Fisk University. She has performed with such artists as Shania Twain, Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill and Charlie Daniels.

Melissa McGhee

Melissa was born and raised in Tampa. At the young age of 4 Melissa embarked on her performing career. A true romantic, Melissa enjoys singing, dancing and going to the beach in her free time.

Katherine McPhee

Katharine was born and raised in Los Angeles. She was exposed at an early age to the joy of singing by her mother, a vocal coach. After high school, Katharine attended the prestigious Boston Conservatory for one semester and majored in musical theater.

Kellie Pickler

Kellie is a waitress who currently lives in Albemarle, NC, and enjoys singing, dancing and shopping for shoes. Kellie has been singing for as long as she can remember, but only began performing for crowds four years ago.

Lisa Tucker

Lisa is currently a senior at Kennedy High School. She was the original "Young Nala" in Disney's Los Angeles production of "The Lion King" and was voted by Variety as one of the "Top Ten Talents to Watch." Lisa also plays the guitar and piano and is a songwriter.

Elliot Yamin

Elliott began singing at the ripe age of 5. His mother, who was a professional singer, is his inspiration and biggest fan. For Elliott, being on AMERICAN IDOL has allowed him to pursue his dream of singing professionally.

Ace Young

Ace is the youngest of five brothers. Ace grew up in Boulder, CO, and began his singing career at age 9. He started performing at 11 in local malls and recreation centers. Ace lives in Los Angeles and works in sales and home remodeling.

Click here for Pics & Bios of the Top 24

2 posted on 03/24/2006 9:02:02 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: mystery-ak; twin2; EmilyGeiger; CAluvdubya; ConservativeMind; jocon307; kingu; TonyWpi; homemom; ...
The Thread So Nice
We Had To Post It Twice!

3 posted on 03/24/2006 9:03:05 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

sweet! :)

4 posted on 03/24/2006 9:06:05 PM PST by Echo Talon

For The Record

American Idol 2006--Live Thread
  Posted by silent_jonny
On General/Chat 01/16/2006 4:00:11 AM PST · 14,693 replies · 124,181+ views

American Idol 2005--Live Thread

Posted by silent_jonny
On General/Chat 03/15/2005 5:53:32 AM PST · 10,810 replies · 103,572+ views

5 posted on 03/24/2006 9:14:16 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

GREAT JOB JONNY AS ALWAYS! - YOU ARE MY AMERICAN IDOL!

6 posted on 03/24/2006 9:16:32 PM PST by stlnative

My favorites are Chris Daughtry, Kellie Pickler and Ace Young. Daughtry did a bada$$ version of Walk the Line the other night. No matter what he needs to record that.

7 posted on 03/24/2006 9:17:32 PM PST by 3catsanadog (When anything goes, everything does.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

To: stlnative

I wish we could've kept the old thread going, but oh well.

8 posted on 03/24/2006 9:18:59 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

To: 3catsanadog; stlnative; AnnaZ
Daughtry did a bada$$ version of Walk the Line the other night. No matter what he needs to record that.

Couldn't agree more :)

9 posted on 03/24/2006 9:20:02 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Did John McCain shut down the original thread?

10 posted on 03/24/2006 9:20:49 PM PST by dc27

To: Admin Moderator

If you can, please center the table in post #1. Thanks.

11 posted on 03/24/2006 9:21:33 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)

To: dc27
LOL! He can't stop us :)

12 posted on 03/24/2006 9:23:26 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Just tell McCain "All your Idols belong to us"

13 posted on 03/24/2006 9:25:52 PM PST by dc27
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Well Idol is really getting "hot" this year and you are probably looking at another 1 or 2 threads of 15,000 posts each before it is all over with this year.

I am looking forward to this Tuesday's Idol more than ever.
It should be real interesting.

Have a great weekend! I won't be on here much as I have company coming tomorrow and then Sunday I will be gone for the day.

14 posted on 03/24/2006 9:55:51 PM PST by stlnative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Hey, you have been busy!!

Not much action on the threads tonight...so thought I would visit and bookmark this new thread.

15 posted on 03/24/2006 10:00:21 PM PST by Txsleuth (Bush-Bot;WaterBucket Brigader;and fan of defconw;Cboldt is my mentor!)

Why the new thread?

16 posted on 03/24/2006 10:04:25 PM PST by GraniteStateConservative (...He had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here...-- Worst.President.Ever.)

17 posted on 03/24/2006 10:23:06 PM PST by Panerai

To: GraniteStateConservative
To: All

This is a generic note to the posters of this thread. You all need to start a new thread, this one is getting too large for our system. If someone can start a new thread and let us know, we can link this one to the new thread. Thanks, AM

14,688 posted on 03/24/2006 6:54:23 PM PST by Admin Moderator

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/1558843/replies?c=14688

18 posted on 03/24/2006 10:25:25 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

To: Panerai

Wow--thanks for those pics!

19 posted on 03/24/2006 10:26:18 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

To: Txsleuth
Hey, you have been busy!!

And now I can't sleep! :o

Did you want to be on the ping list?

20 posted on 03/24/2006 10:28:15 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

You have a great weekend, too :)

21 posted on 03/24/2006 10:30:09 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: Echo Talon
I just noticed something: You're the very last poster on the first thread and the very first poster on this thread.

What this means, I don't know :)

22 posted on 03/24/2006 10:33:16 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

To: dc27
Did John McCain shut down the original thread? **snicker** Looking forward to a poultry-free Tuesday! Oops, did I say that out loud? ;O)
23 posted on 03/24/2006 10:34:21 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Thanks, jonny! I looked for Cheney's picture on the top 12, but I didn't see it! tee hee.

"If they are competent to fight this war, then I ought to be singing on American Idol."

Love that man!

24 posted on 03/24/2006 10:39:50 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

To: Shelayne

Howdy :) I just saw that Cheney quote.

25 posted on 03/24/2006 10:41:02 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

AI junkie, dont tell anyone. :) FOX is evil! LOL

26 posted on 03/24/2006 10:41:48 PM PST by Echo Talon
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

It's a great quote isn't it? And the dems are getting their knickers in a twist over it. It's hilarious.

27 posted on 03/24/2006 10:45:09 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: Shelayne; Wolfstar

Cheney to Dems: "If they are competent to fight this war, then I ought to be singing on American Idol."

The Dem response: "Simon Cowell is more loved than this administration and its failed Iraq policy. Cheney wouldn't last long on American Idol."

No it's not from Scrappleface--it's real!
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1602885/posts?page=1

28 posted on 03/24/2006 10:46:22 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

And the dems are getting their knickers in a twist over it.

I know--it's so stupid! Cheney made a light remark and they're taking it seriously. Ha! That's how scared they are of him :)

29 posted on 03/24/2006 10:48:35 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

I love it! Their pathetic response even made me laugh harder. I can hear Simon now: **in my best British accent** "That was absolutely pathetic. I mean it was almost excruciating. Was that supposed to be an intelligent comeback? I've heard better in a bar with a bunch of drunks. I mean really."

30 posted on 03/24/2006 10:50:59 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

I know--it's so stupid! Cheney made a light remark and they're taking it seriously. Ha! That's how scared they are of him :)

Well, he DOES have that gun, you know. ;o)

31 posted on 03/24/2006 10:53:33 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

To: Shelayne; retrokitten
Perfect Simon :)

Randy: "It was just a'ight for me, dude. You're comeback was pitchy, sharp flat--all over the place. There was just nothin' there. You didn't bring it this time, dog."

Paula: "I like your shoes!"

:)

32 posted on 03/24/2006 10:58:04 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 30 | View Replies]

Well, he DOES have that gun, you know. ;o)

Oh don't get 'em started on that--we'll be here all night :)

33 posted on 03/24/2006 10:59:57 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]

To: Panerai; silent_jonny; All
Well we gotta have some sexy pictures of Chris!!!

I have more of these. I will post a couple each day.

34 posted on 03/24/2006 11:00:51 PM PST by stlnative

I have more of these. I will post a couple each day.

Until your demands are met? ;)

35 posted on 03/24/2006 11:06:16 PM PST by silent_jonny (You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart every day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Why Yes! (now dreaming up what my demands will be... LOL)

36 posted on 03/24/2006 11:15:52 PM PST by stlnative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 35 | View Replies]

Randy: "It was just a'ight for me, dude. You're comeback was pitchy, sharp flat--all over the place. There was just nothin' there. You didn't bring it this time, dog."

Paula: "I like your shoes!"

LOL. That was great. I was laughing so hard I had a coughing fit. Your fault. ;o)

Well, you know Cheney CAN dispense some wicked birdshot! lol. Armed and dangerous. Oh dear! Did I just see David Gregory hide under the bed? ;^)

37 posted on 03/24/2006 11:17:18 PM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

I'm getting a little concerned about this ridiculous debacle with Chris and "Walk the Line." It would be a ridiculous shame if there was enough of a backlash of his fans not voting for him because of this. I haven't sat down to review the Tivo, but I was really, really under the impression that he *did* say something about it being a version by someone else (as opposed to trying to make it out to be all his own version).

38 posted on 03/24/2006 11:55:29 PM PST by Hetty_Fauxvert (Kelo must GO!! ..... http://sonoma-moderate.blogspot.com/)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Hetty_Fauxvert

I don't think he ever claimed it as his own arrangement, did he? I'm not worried. Look at how everyone was convinced that Chicken Little was going to be buk-buk-buk-ack next week. Instead the little fella went back to the roost.;^)

I'm having way too much fun with these chicken analogies.

39 posted on 03/25/2006 12:10:35 AM PST by Shelayne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

To: Hetty_Fauxvert

Hetty,

I really would not worry about it too much. Chris has plenty of support and his fan base is only growing in size.

The media read a few post off the AI boards from people who do not wish to see Chris move ahead. The media ran with it and made it sound like Chris was actually losing his fan base. I have been all over the internet looking around for blogs, websites, forums, etc., that have been set-up for Chris and AI. The positive comments about Chris and his version of I Walk The Line out weighs the negativity by leaps and bounds.

40 posted on 03/25/2006 12:12:23 AM PST by stlnative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 38 | View Replies]

(excuse to post at least 2 more pictures of Chris - the last 2 were for Friday technically... (lol) but honestly I will be too busy on Saturday to post.)

Here is the first one for Saturday...

Here is the second one for Saturday...

Below is the biography Chris posted on his old Absent Element band website:

Biography - Chris Daughtry

Wife: Deanna Daughtry

Wife Occupation:
licensed massage therapist in Burlington, NC Previously lived in: Mebane, NC

Cute Fact: Chris discovered his singing ability in algebra class

Quotage:

Chris Daughtry, 26

ON HIS WIFE, DEANNA: "When we got married, I took on the two kids as my own. So, you know, she was saying that she was scared that I was sacrificing my dream by doing that, and that she was just really excited that I'm still gettin' to live it -- even though I took on the married life and the family early, that I'm still able to live my dream."

ON REJOINING HIS BAND: "If it was up to me -- yes. But when it comes to doing contracts and being under a label, you know, it's not always up to the artist. I'd love to work with those guys, but if not, they understand that it's beyond my control."

THE BALD-HEAD-WITH-SIDEBURNS THING: "I think I started that look. I've been doing my sideburns like that for a couple of years now. It's kind of a trademark."

"I was told I could really sing when I was in 11th grade (I was 16), by my friend Robert. (I hope y'all have'nt been lying to me all these years). We had to write a song for class, so I forced myself to sing in front of him. I always enjoyed singing but never had the confidence that Robert gave me that day. We wrote a couple songs and I was hooked. I knew at that time, that's what I wanted to do with my life. He taught me some guitar chords and I took off from there. I've been in several bands but have never experienced the chemistry that Absent Element share.

Though I've always enjoyed singing, I was never pushed until I was in a rock band. Therefore it took years to develop the strength and range it takes to deliver Absent Elements' screaming sound. My song writing comes straight from the heart. I write about my relationship with God, my wife (who inspires most of my lyrics) and other life experiences. If it didn't happen to me, I can't effectively and honestly write about it. " - Chris Daughtry
41 posted on 03/25/2006 12:27:28 AM PST by stlnative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

OLDER PICTURES OF CHRIS...

Chris with hair and most likely his wife

Chris with hair and possibly his step-son
42 posted on 03/25/2006 12:39:19 AM PST by stlnative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

You do such a great job as "Thread Host" ! Thank You so much!
43 posted on 03/25/2006 4:22:23 AM PST by tiredoflaundry (I'll admit it , I'm a Snow Flake !(Snoq) The rest of my tagline redacted by court order.)

Top 50.

44 posted on 03/25/2006 5:02:49 AM PST by Mark was here (How can they be called "Homeless" if their home is a field?.)

ON REJOINING HIS BAND: "If it was up to me -- yes. But when it comes to doing contracts and being under a label, you know, it's not always up to the artist. I'd love to work with those guys, but if not, they understand that it's beyond my control."

This quote from Chris is the kind of thing that influences my voting. That is, who benefits the most from being the AI, who benefits most from getting on with careers that were interupted (and at this point boosted) by the experience, and who is best for AI.

By that standard, Chris just got his career and band a big boost. Wouldn't he be better off getting on with his own song-writing and performing? This whole fuss of did Chris use his own arrangement wouldn't even happen if he were performing his own material!

The best candidate just might be a guy who has a great voice, doesn't have a career of his own yet, repsonds well to criticism, and wins people over. Wouldn't that be Eliot?

I like Taylor and Mandesa, a lot. But you know what? I'd rather hear them perform in concert, with more creative options. They've both learned so much from this; now their careers will grow.

Paris? I adore her. Listening to her, I was 13 years old all over again, listening and looking at the great girl-band singers. She's just so young. She'll be awesomely famous, but needs to be a liitle girl for a few years.

You know what's great? They're all good. The judges are a hoot, and Ryan knows how to enjoy the whole thing. AI has created a cultural thing that brings us together. Music on TV hasn't been this much fun since Sonny & Cher.

Hey, there's a possible guest judge (still would love to see Stevie Nicks, as a week's coach or a guest judge)....Cher!!

45 posted on 03/25/2006 5:18:16 AM PST by grania ("Won't get fooled again")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

To: Panerai

I don't know why but all of sudden I am in the mood for a sandwich!

;)

46 posted on 03/25/2006 11:15:17 AM PST by freedumb2003 (Diplomacy is what you do after you kick the enemy's ass and define their lives afterward)

You do know that the version Chris did of I WALK THE LINE was not an original version. It was from a band called "LIVE" TO HEAR IT GO TO:

CLICK HERE and listen to #19 under Listen to Samples.

47 posted on 03/25/2006 11:32:11 AM PST by Hildy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: Hildy

Chris doesn't strike me as someone who'd lie and try to fool anyone. I believe him when he says that he did give that group credit, but AI edited out that part of his statement. Thus, the audience never heard Chris giving the credit to Live's version.

AI should find the tape that they edited and play it on Tuesday's show to end the uproar.

48 posted on 03/25/2006 11:47:35 AM PST by getmeouttaPalmBeachCounty_FL ( **Hunter-Tancredo-Weldon 4 President** Just call me an undocumented border patrol agent.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 47 | View Replies]

To: getmeouttaPalmBeachCounty_FL

I heard there's some kind of uproar. I never thought these arrangement were his own, did you? He credited the Red Hot Chili Peppers two weeks ago. Why is everyone so upset?

49 posted on 03/25/2006 11:49:56 AM PST by Hildy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

"Simon Cowell is more loved than this administration and its failed Iraq policy. Cheney wouldn't last long on American Idol."

That's almost as good as, "I know you are, but what am I?"

50 posted on 03/25/2006 11:51:20 AM PST by Hildy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first 1-5051-100101-150151-200 ... 11,351-11,385 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson