Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

Amy's Place ... Poetry and Potpourri ... February, 2012
2-1-2012 | JustAmy; St.Louie1; MamaBear; Billie; Many Friends

Posted on 01/31/2012 10:16:14 PM PST by JustAmy

Welcome To....

'Amy's Place' welcomes all poets
and those who enjoy poetry.
'Amy's Place' is more than just about poetry.
Come in, relax, and share with fellow FReepers
your thoughts about any of the things on the *Menu*.

Enjoy! :)

Never Forget!

Bad Penny

Amy's personal guardian ~
the ever charming, lovable, huggable,

LouieWolf

Many thanks for stopping by. : )

TOPICS: Humor; Miscellaneous; Poetry; The Poetry Branch
KEYWORDS: amysplace; february2012; friends; poetry
Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 1,301-1,3501,351-1,4001,401-1,4501,451-1,476 next last
To: MEG33
Thanks very much, Meg! A Blessed Lord's Day to you!

Nos genuflectitur ad non princeps sed Princeps Pacem!

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

1,351 posted on 02/26/2012 12:56:21 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1349 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; DollyCali; ...

PRAYERS GOING UP FOR OUR AMERICAN HEROES AND FOR OUR BELOVED NATION!

GEORGE WASHINGTON – THE PRAYER AT VALLEY FORGE

In the coldest and darkest days of the American Revolution, General George Washington raised his prayers for the survival of his beleaguered Army and of the new Nation. The Lord answered those prayers, upheld his Army through a punishing nadir to everlasting glory and bestowed His manifold benefits upon the new Nation.

In like manner, let our prayers now rise for our heroes in the American military who seek to secure the benefits of Freedom on behalf of a people hungry for them. Father, look on our prayers for them with favor, guide their steps in righteousness and keep them in the shelter of Your Healing Wings. Bless and uphold them in the performance of their Mission. Through Jesus Christ, Your Son, Amen.

SHADOWS AT ARLINGTON

Heavenly Father, Lord of the Nations, unto Your Divine Mercy we commend the souls of these who have fallen in the service of our Beloved Nation and in defense of the freedoms we hold dear. We pray that You gather them in Your loving embrace, that You cause Your countenance to shine upon them and that You vouchsafe their souls to dwell eternally in Your Divine Presence. Through Your Son, Jesus Christ, with the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever, Amen.

Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. (Isaiah 49:1 KJV)

1,352 posted on 02/26/2012 12:58:57 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1351 | View Replies]

To: jaycee

My laptop is on the bed..feet are up..but I am going!!
I don’t spend time cooking when my back is mad..That’s when frozen dinners and microwaves are great.
I really don’t “do” when my back is angry. It just gets worse if I “do”...and I avoid that like one runs from a burning house ...if possible.

1,353 posted on 02/26/2012 1:02:29 PM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1348 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Billie; GodBlessUSA; Lady Jag; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; LUV W; Mama_Bear; DollyCali; ...

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS!

Amazing Grace
by John Newton

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, .
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, Who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.

1,354 posted on 02/26/2012 1:08:16 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1352 | View Replies]

To: yorkie

Loved the Lincoln quote!

That is a keeper.

Hope your recovery is coming along well.

(((Hugs)))

1,355 posted on 02/26/2012 1:10:08 PM PST by TheConservativeParty (Conservatism works every time its tried-Rush Hudson Limbaugh)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1321 | View Replies]

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT OUR TROOPS!

The Lord’s Prayer – Andrea Bocelli

DEAR GOD, who suffered torment, agony,
and death upon the Cross to free our souls
from the chains of iniquity, protect and defend
our troops. Guide them in the performance of
their duties. Strengthen them to endure hard-
ship, danger and deprivation in Your service. Let
their efforts free the people of Iraq and Afghan-
istan from the chains of terror and slavery,
foster a lasting peace in the region, and bring all
to a greater share in Your Mercy.
Amen.

1,356 posted on 02/26/2012 1:14:31 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1354 | View Replies]

THE NAVY HYMN

Eternal Father, Strong to Save

The Marine Corps Verse:

Eternal Father, grant we pray
To all Marines both night and day,
The Courage, Honor, Strength and Skill
Their Land to serve, Thy Law Fulfill.
Be Thou the Shield forevermore
From every peril to the Corps!

This is the day which the LORD hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24(KJV)

Have a Blessed Lord’s Day!

1,357 posted on 02/26/2012 1:17:30 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1356 | View Replies]

Now that pic brings back memories.

When I was around 6 or 7 years old we had Maytag wringer washer. One time I was down in the basement and I stuck my fingers up to the wringer. It grabbed my fingers and sucked me in all the way up to my shoulder. I screamed and hollered and Mom came running downstairs and rescued me. The crazy things curious kids do to themselves. Never got my fingers close to the wringer again. A learning experience for me.

1,358 posted on 02/26/2012 1:19:08 PM PST by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1330 | View Replies]

I had to get a new cellphone last week. My old one began displaying a white screen.
Got an I-phone so I’ll take it with me to the hospital so I can stay in contact with Amy’s Place.

1,359 posted on 02/26/2012 1:25:09 PM PST by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1335 | View Replies]

Thank You...and You also! :-)

1,360 posted on 02/26/2012 2:16:37 PM PST by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1347 | View Replies]

To: ConorMacNessa

AMEN to your #1341! Thank you!

Also thank you for your always wonderful Sunday posts including beautiful prayers and music and remembering our Military! Hope you’ve had a lovely Sunday!!

1,361 posted on 02/26/2012 3:42:01 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1341 | View Replies]

To: Kitty Mittens

What a wonderful scripture from Psalms today. How reassuring for those who suffer. I love your pretty pink flower, too. I hope you’ve had a very peaceful Sunday, Kitty! (((HUGS)))

1,362 posted on 02/26/2012 3:45:01 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1342 | View Replies]

Thanks very much, Jaycee! Hope you're having a great Sunday as well!

1,363 posted on 02/26/2012 3:51:26 PM PST by ConorMacNessa (HM/2 USN, 3/5 Marines RVN 1969 - St. Michael the Archangel defend us in Battle!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1361 | View Replies]

To: MEG33; yorkie; Diver Dave

My washer and dryer are about 18 years old. They look brand new and are running great so I won’t worry about that for a while. I have a man who can work on mine and if its reasonably priced, I’d rather get mine fixed.

Barry got the front loaders when he moved into his new house (it wasn’t a new house, but new to him). He likes them fine but I’m not anxious for those. However, I bought a new refrigerator when I bought the washer and dryer and I despise this refrigerator. This was the year they made the refrigerators more narrow to look at, but deeper from front to back. I have never liked it. Things just seem to get pushed to the back and lost! Its real hateful.

1,364 posted on 02/26/2012 4:38:34 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1331 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; The Mayor; yorkie; Diver Dave; NicknamedBob; jaycee; Kitty Mittens; oldteen; ...

Goodnight Dear FRiends

Thank you for coming by today with your comments, lovely prayers,
blessings, scripture, wise words, music and graphics.
Healing prayers lifted for our ill and hurting FRiends
Wishing you a pleasant evening and sweet dreams..God Bless..
~May God Keep Safe Those Who Serve Our Country~

1,365 posted on 02/26/2012 5:21:08 PM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1364 | View Replies]

Thank you, Jaycee! Your Pink Roses Graphic is So Beautiful, and I Love the Wonderful Scripture; It's One of my Favorites!
You are in my Thoughts and Prayers for your Bone Scan Tomorrow, my Sweet FRiend.

(((((Many Hugs)))))

1,366 posted on 02/26/2012 7:54:09 PM PST by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1362 | View Replies]

To: MEG33; yorkie; jaycee; Diver Dave; Dubya; oldteen; ConorMacNessa; GailA; All; FRiends
Thank you for the Beautiful Sunday, Meg! I Pray your Back will be Feeling Better Tomorrow. (((((Hugs)))))

Goodnight, Dear FRiends. Prayers for All who are Hurting and ill.

(((((Love you All)))))

1,367 posted on 02/26/2012 8:02:52 PM PST by Kitty Mittens (To God Be All Excellent Praise!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1365 | View Replies]

To: Jim Robinson; JustAmy; Billie; MEG33; jaycee; dutchess; GodBlessUSA; deadhead; LUV W; mathluv; ...

Freep mail me to be on or off the Daily Bread ping list

Not My Kind

February 27, 2012

In the Star Wars trilogy there’s a scene that reminds me of some church people I know. At an establishment somewhere in a remote corner of the galaxy, grotesque-looking creatures socialize over food and music. When Luke Skywalker enters with his two droids, C3PO and R2D2 (who are more “normal” than anyone else there), he is surprisingly turned away with a curt rebuff: “We don’t serve their kind here!”

That strange scene captures the malady that we all struggle with in our relationships here on planet Earth. We are always more comfortable with people who are just like us. But think of where you would be if Jesus had felt that way. He was divine, perfect in every way, which makes Him far different from us. Yet He came to dwell among us and to die for us.

Those of us who follow Christ shouldn’t have “they’re not my kind” in our vocabulary. As Paul reminds us, in Him “there is neither Jew nor Greek, . . . slave nor free, . . . male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:28). So, whether others are different in attitude, perspective, race, class, political slant, or social standing, it should make no difference to those of us who call ourselves by Jesus’ name.

Find someone who is not your kind and share Jesus’ love with them today!

I pray, O Lord, reveal to me If I have caused disunity, For You would have Your children one In praise and love for Your dear Son. —Branon
Love your neighbor— even if they aren’t your kind!

Read: Galatians 3:19-29

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. —Galatians 3:28
Bible in a Year:
Joshua 1-3

1,368 posted on 02/27/2012 5:51:03 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1367 | View Replies]

To: Kitty Mittens

Awww Thank you (((Kitty)))..You do such sweet goodnights.

1,369 posted on 02/27/2012 6:03:36 AM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1367 | View Replies]

To: FRiends; JustAmy; Mama_Bear; jaycee; yorkie; oldteen; The Mayor; LUV W; ConorMacNessa; ...

Good Military Monday To Amy's Place

USS Gettysburg

I Wish You A Good Week
*Thank You To All Who Serve Our Country*

1,370 posted on 02/27/2012 7:05:10 AM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1368 | View Replies]

To: MEG33; ConorMacNessa; LUV W; AZamericonnie; Brad's Gramma; JustAmy; jackv; jaycee; yorkie; ...

Pray For Our Troops

May You Be Blessed on this Military Monday!

ML/LTOS
(El Kabong)

1,371 posted on 02/27/2012 7:31:10 AM PST by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1370 | View Replies]

To: Billie; MEG33; jaycee; Mama_Bear; yorkie; Kitty Mittens; The Mayor; GodBlessUSA; gardengirl; ...

February 27, 2012

Graphic by Billie

Lady Warrior

She is your little sister,
She is your neighbor’s wife.
She is somebody’s daughter,
You’ve known her all her life.
She may be someone’s mother,
She may be someone’s nurse.
She now has an M-16,
But once it was a purse.
She’s as soft as satin fine,
She’s also tough as steel.
She may fly a fighter jet.
For so strong is her will.
She is the female warrior,
She serves her nation well.
She may be from northern climes,
Or even Southern Belle.
Honor her and show respect,
And pray for her each night.
Know that she is still a girl,
But not afraid to fight.

Conspiracy Guy aka DIF 9/14/2004
© 2004 - 2012

1,372 posted on 02/27/2012 8:36:04 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1371 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; Conspiracy Guy

B U M P

1,373 posted on 02/27/2012 8:51:43 AM PST by stephenjohnbanker (God, family, country, mom, apple pie, the girl next door and a Ford F250 to pull my boat.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1372 | View Replies]

Happy Military Monday, Meg.
Thank you for starting the day with Military Monday.

God Bless our Military, Past, Present and Future.

1,374 posted on 02/27/2012 9:04:46 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)

To: stephenjohnbanker

Good morning, SJB. Welcome back; we’ved missed you. As you can see, I dug out the archive files this morning. ;~)

Wishing you a beautiful day and a wonderful week.

1,375 posted on 02/27/2012 9:07:52 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1373 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor

Thank you for today's message, Rus.

Have a perfect day.
May God Bless America.
May God Bless the men and women who keep her free.

Happy Military Monday.

1,376 posted on 02/27/2012 9:15:51 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1368 | View Replies]

To: NicknamedBob

Happy Birthday, NnB.
Wishing you a delightful today and many wonderful birthdays to follow.

Thank you for the many poems you have written for us.

1,377 posted on 02/27/2012 9:20:04 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1376 | View Replies]

To: left that other site

Happy Military Monday, LTOS.
Thank you for helping to support our troops today and every day.

Have a fantastic day.

1,378 posted on 02/27/2012 9:23:26 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1371 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy

Thank You! You Too! :-)

1,379 posted on 02/27/2012 9:30:41 AM PST by left that other site
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1378 | View Replies]

Morning Amy.
Taking it easy today. Maybe I’ll finish reading my book.

1,380 posted on 02/27/2012 9:33:51 AM PST by Diver Dave (Because He Lives, I Can Face Tomorrow)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1372 | View Replies]

To: Diver Dave

Good morning, DD. Happy Military Monday.

It turned kinda cool today after some beautiful weather over the weekend. Looks like a great day to curl up with a good book.

Wishing you a delightful day.

1,381 posted on 02/27/2012 9:39:18 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1380 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor; All
Thee was a shooting this morning in the cafeteria of a high school in Ohio. Five students wounded, just now announced, one has died. Was the shooter a young boy that was harassed by the others?

Satan is very active in today's world. The youths are especially vulnerable. Very few children have parents teaching them the Word of God at home. The Jewish community does make a point to do this, if they are religiously observant.

Satan is a deceiver and a liar from the beginning. The world ridicules the idea of Satan. This shooting is an excellent example of the deceptive power of Satan.

Father God help us not to be deceived. Send thy holy spirit to give us understanding and wisdom. Give us eyes to see and ears to hear, and a heart to to know thee, time is short, in Jesus name, amen.

1,382 posted on 02/27/2012 9:58:41 AM PST by geologist (The only answer to the troubles of this life is Jesus. A decision we all must make.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1310 | View Replies]

Thanks Amy! I need to put together my old MM stuff.
Really have to update Prayer list.
That may need another thread.

1,383 posted on 02/27/2012 10:00:31 AM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1376 | View Replies]

To: The Mayor; All

Below are names of some of our FReepers' loved ones who are serving our country. If you have someone you would like to add, please address a post to JustAmy or The Mayor and We will add their name to this list.

As we pray for them, we pray also for all our nation’s leaders, and military personnel, and their families and friends. May God hold them close to His heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ak_daddoo...................nephew
LBGA (RIP)....................son
Hostel....................cousin
ladtx.....................2 sons
ak_daddoo...............nephew
gator girl ............husband
severa..........husband, brother
Maigrey............cousin
mystery-ak.....son, husband
Inspectorette...........son
Blessed American....nephew
Slip18..............nephew
Diver Dave.....niece, nephew
Diver Dave............cousin
ConspiracyGuy........2 nephews
W.W.Smith..............son
sneakers...................son
weldgophardline.............2 sons
weldgophardline.....brotherinlaw
jamaly.................brotherinlaw
Future Snake Eater.......cousin
WaterDragon............grandson
WaterDragon...........son-in-law
kimmie7......................brother
Donaeus.....................nephew
LadyX (RIP)..............grandson
fawn796......................nephew
ValerieUSA..................2 sons
Lakeside......................2 sons
LakeLady....................nephew
Spruce......................daughter
Leofl...........................son
chena...........................son
Hope and Glory..................son
TheMayor...............friends'son
Doug from Upland.......soninlaw
homeschoolmama........nephew
ariamne...................2 cousins
mhking.........................cousin
911angelady.................2 sons
Consort.................2 daughters
Consort...................son-in-law
Jen's Mom.................daughter
Skyraider.........................son
Meg33......................grandson
cookcounty......................son
JFC............................nephew
visualops......................cousin
painter........................nephew
Himyar.............................son
jackv............................son
jrushing.........................son
Azbushgal........................son
LoneRedRanger...brotherinlaw
tina07......soninlaw & his friend
varina davis...............grandson
weeder1.....................nephew
MontanaCowgirlCop......brother
nelibeli........................nephew
Anthem....................2 cousins
fatima...............granddaughter
Misty4jc.....................husband
Colorado Slim..............nephew
Tapatio....................2 nephews
meanie monster...family friend
ProudAFDad......................son
JulieRNR21...friend's grandson
Alouette.............................son
Katydidnt...........................son
Zechariah_8_13....brotherinlaw
Zechariah_8_13.............cousin
PreviouslyA-Lurker........brother
sheeza.......................husband
kemathen7..................husband
monkeyface...........2 grandsons
redhead................grandnephew
Q6-God..................twin brother
Q6-God....................active duty
Warrior Nurse........active duty
SK1 Thurman...........active duty
David Osborne........active duty
fc2tomschermuly......active duty
bkwells....................active duty
LongCut................active duty
cjk...........................active duty
Trish........................active duty
ODC-GIRL................active duty
AF_Blue...................active duty
thumperusn..............active duty
Veloxherc..............active duty
Don Simmons.........active duty
wingnutx...............active duty
CGblue.................active duty
bigghurtt...............active duty
frankiep................active duty
veeceeque............active duty
JRios1968................active duty
NoLongerFreeState..act. duty
CMS..................active duty
JemiansTerror......active duty
tongue-tied ............active duty
txradioguy...........active duty
Hoosiersailor .........active duty
DCBryan1................active duty
Col. Mike..........active duty
USAFSecurityForces..activeduty
Dubya............................nephew
katykelly..............................son
Armymarinemom................3 sons
american_ranger.....................son
SpookBrat........................nephew
SpookBrat........................cousin
boxerblues........................2 sons
the piper..............................son
Tiffee4Bob......................boyfriend
TexKat.......................son, step-son
StarCMC.............................brother
Darheel...............................niece
BeAllYouCanBe........................son
Repubmommy........................brother
Ladysmith......nephew, friend's son
auboy..................................cousin
AgThorn................................2 sons
kneezles.................................son
RoseinRoseBear.....cousin's hubby
Atomic Conspiracy......half-brother
Atomic Conspiracy...........nephew
Atomic Conspiracy..............niece
Sunflowergal....................grandson
spotbust1........................husband
campfollower......................fiance
LUV W........................................son
SilentServiceCPOWife........husband
DirtyHarryY2K......................daughter
DirtyHarryY2K................son-in-law
Skimask.....................................son
Palladin...............................grandson
MississippyMuddy...................sister
MississippyMuddy........2 nephews
Kramster...............................stepson
Socratic.............................nephew
freema.......................nephew, son
kimmykay.................................son
NavySEAL F-16........................son
repubmom...........................2 sons
wolfcreek..........................daughter
JesseJane ...........................cousin
Roses0508..............................son
pmmd81..................................son
SoldiersPrayingMom.................son
WakeUpandVote..................brother
CyberAnt...........................nephew
mrs tiggywinkle...................cousin
Nadine...............................nephew
U S Army EOD.................daughter
thehumanlynx...........brother-in-law
Earthdweller......................nephew
ChairmanDec19thSociety ..brotherinlaw
PragmaticWarrior..........2 nephews
Sageb1...........................3 cousins
SuzyQue...mom,2 sons,3 brothers
IndyPendance..daughter,soninlaw
Lori from Long Island....soninlaw
gonzo............................soninlaw
Rivendell.......................daughter
vigilante2.....son, adopted soldier
Jaxter...........................son-in-law
USMCWife6869..............husband
AgThorn & Lily4Jesus.............son
2ndDivisionVet..........brotherinlaw
2ndDivVet.....former stepdaughter
GrandEagle........................friend
DebWisconsin.................nephew
prophetic.................brotherinlaw
GulfWar1Vet.................2 cousins
Tina Kirby...........................son
Kudsman.......................nephew
JarhedAirmanPatriot......brother
TADSLOS............................son
Athelass........2 sons, 2 nephews
ItsForTheChildren......2 nephews
dwhole2th.......................son
skimask.........................son
VARepublican.......................son
Katydidnt..........................son
oneolcop..........................son
Edgewood Pilot...son, 2 nephews
Trooprally.............................son
007girl.............................nephew
arbee4bush ...................daughter
PERKY2004...................husband
marsh2............................nephew
lilycicero..........................husband
o_zarkman44.............son,stepson
o_zarkman44...................nephew
NotJustAnotherPrettyFace..nephew
Bushman2..............................son
DeLaine..................daughterinlaw
Kalee...................brother,soninlaw
Enough_Deceit.......................son
xJones...................................son
Freedom Dignity n Honor .....son
Cailleach .......... husband & uncle
Tammy8 ........... son-in-law
Tammy8 ........... adopted soldier
MozartLover ............ son
Don-O .................. son
Mrs Don-O .............. son
Wardaddy ......... cousin's son
Upstate NY Guy ....... son
Ben Lurkin ......... nephew
The Mayor .......... son
Onyx .............. grandson
BlueLancer......... stepson

1,384 posted on 02/27/2012 10:23:11 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1383 | View Replies]

You’re Welcome, Amy..Love this opening.

1,385 posted on 02/27/2012 10:28:11 AM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1374 | View Replies]

*Nicknamed Bob*

Have A Wonderful Day

1,386 posted on 02/27/2012 10:37:27 AM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1377 | View Replies]

Thank you, Meg.

Some of the old Welcome’s were wonderful The graphics are not as elaborate as the newer ones. We have learned so much in the past 7 or 8 years.

1,387 posted on 02/27/2012 10:42:47 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1385 | View Replies]

Indeed..but simple can be lovely, too.

1,388 posted on 02/27/2012 10:54:10 AM PST by MEG33 (O Lord, Guide Our Nation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1387 | View Replies]

To: MEG33; All; JustAmy; yorkie; jaycee; Kitty Mittens; pollywog; left that other site; LUV W; ...

MILITARY MONDAY

Photobucket

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY

1,389 posted on 02/27/2012 11:19:49 AM PST by oldteen

To: oldteen

Happy Military Monday, Teenie. Thank you for supporting our troops.

Wishing you a marvelous Military Monday.

Time to leave for awhile. See ya later.

1,390 posted on 02/27/2012 11:56:59 AM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1389 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; MEG33; GodBlessUSA; yorkie; Kitty Mittens; Billie; Mama_Bear; Lady Jag; lonestar; ...

~Happy Military Monday to Amy's Place~

God Bless Our Troops!

1,391 posted on 02/27/2012 12:20:31 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1390 | View Replies]

Happy Military Monday, Jaycee. Thank you for the beautiful pledge.

How are you feeling? Do you see the doc today?

Wishing you a lovely pain-free day.

1,392 posted on 02/27/2012 12:29:22 PM PST by JustAmy (Our military men and women have my support!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1391 | View Replies]

Happy Birthday To You

Photobucket

May you have many, many, more!

1,393 posted on 02/27/2012 12:40:15 PM PST by oldteen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1386 | View Replies]

Thank you Amy. This is a great list but now it will be time to update. I will take on that task and reach out to everyone on the list.

1,394 posted on 02/27/2012 1:11:32 PM PST by The Mayor ("If you can't make them see the light, let them feel the heat" — Ronald Reagan)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1384 | View Replies]

To: JustAmy; FRiends; All
I laid down after I posted. I had that bone scan done today. I had to be there by 10:00 and they put the dye stuff into that big vein inside the elbow. She had told me previously that I had to wait 3 hours before the bone scan and/or x-rays. She told me it was perfectly okay for me to come home if I wanted to for that time. I decided I needed the rest so I came home.

I had lunch and she told me to drink water. I live on the opposite side of town so it is a little drive but I sure didn't want to kill 3 hours there hanging around. The scan took some time (about 30-40 minutes but it wasn't bad at all. I had enough medicine in me to kill the pain from lying still so long. LOL! When I came home the last time, I had a nice long nap!

1,395 posted on 02/27/2012 3:31:29 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1392 | View Replies]

To: jaycee; JustAmy; yorkie; tiapam; MEG33; GodBlessUSA; Colonel_Flagg; oldteen; ...

Waving the flag in honor of our Military Heroes!

1,396 posted on 02/27/2012 3:32:07 PM PST by LUV W (This space reserved for heroes............my AF son....our troops....the vets from all wars...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1391 | View Replies]

Dear NNBob!

Hope it was great!

1,397 posted on 02/27/2012 3:46:10 PM PST by jaycee ((("His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.")))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1396 | View Replies]

To: jaycee; JustAmy; MEG33; stephenjohnbanker

Thanks everyone for birthday greetings!

As usual, the first gift came beautifully wrapped, in sunrise.

1,398 posted on 02/27/2012 4:05:09 PM PST by NicknamedBob (If "everybody's different" then two of them have to be the same. It's the only way to be different.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1397 | View Replies]

1,399 posted on 02/27/2012 4:20:50 PM PST by yorkie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1398 | View Replies]

Thank you, Amy, and the same to you!

1,400 posted on 02/27/2012 4:34:37 PM PST by oldteen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1390 | View Replies]

Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-50 ... 1,301-1,3501,351-1,4001,401-1,4501,451-1,476 next last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
General/Chat
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson