Skip to comments.The Tuesday List - 50 Greatest Movie Quotes of All Time
Posted on 05/06/2014 6:35:43 AM PDT by Scoutmaster
50. Houston, we have a problem. (Apollo 13, 1995)
49. Its alive! Its alive! (Frankenstein, , 1931)
48. Well, nobodys perfect. 47. Shane. Shane. Come back! (Shane, 1953)
46. Oh, Jerry, dont lets ask for the moon. We have the stars. (Now, Voyager)
[SM: Schmaltziest ending in a movie; Features a young Ronald Reagan as a drunken Irish stable boy)
45. Stella! Hey, Stella! (A Streetcar Named Desire, 1951)
44. I see dead people. (The Sixth Sense, 1999)
43. We'll always have Paris. (Casablanca, 1942)
42. Plastics. (The Graduate, 1967)
41. We Rob Banks. (Bonnie and Clyde, 1967)
40. My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. (Forrest Gump, 1994)
39. If you build it, he will come. (Field of Dreams, 1989)
38, Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth. (The Pride of the Yankees, 1942)
37. Ill be back. (The Terminator, 1984)
36. Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges! (The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 1948)
35. Youre gonna need a bigger boat. (Jaws, 1975)
34. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow. (To Have and To Have Not, 1944)
33. I'll have what she's having. (When Harry Met Sally, 1989)
31. Round up the usual suspects. (Casablanca, 1942)
30. I want to be alone. (Grand Hotel, 1932)
29. You cant handle the truth! (A Few Good Men, 1992)
28. Play it, Sam. Play 'As Time Goes By.' (Casablanca, 1942)
27. Im walking here! Im walking here! (Midnight Cowboy, 1969) [SM: Some controversy, but believed to be ad-libbed]
26. Why don't you come up sometime and see me? (She Done Him Wrong, 1933)
25. Show me the money! (Jerry Maguire, 1996)
24. I am big! It's the pictures that got small. (Sunset Blvd., 1950)
23. There's no place like home (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
22. Bond. James Bond. (Dr. No, 1962)
21. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. (The Silence of the Lambs, 1991)
20. Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (Casablanca, 1942)
19. I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore! (Network, 1976)
18. Made it, Ma! Top of the world! (White Heat, 1949)
17. Rosebud. Citizen Kane, 1941)
16. They call me Mister Tibbs! (In the Heat of the Night, 1967)
15. E.T. phone home. (E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, 1982)
14. The stuff that dreams are made of. (The Maltese Falcon, 1941)
13. Love means never having to say youre sorry. (Love Story, 1970)
[SM: No, Al Gore, you werent the model for Oliver in Erich Segals book, and Tipper wasnt Jenny Cavilleri . That was your roomie, Tommy Lee Jones. Only your emotional family baggage was used by Segal.]
12. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. (Apocalypse Now, 1979)
11. What weve got here is a failure to communicate. (Cool Hand Luke, 1967)
10. You talking to me? (Taxi Driver, 1976) [SM: ad-libbed]
9. Fasten your seatbelts. Its going to be a bumpy night. (All About Eve, 1950)
8. May the Force be with you. (Star Wars, 1977)
7. All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up. (Sunset Blvd., 1950)
6. Go ahead, make my day. (Sudden Impact, 1983)
5. Heres looking at you, kid. (Casabanca, 1942) [SM: ad-libbed]
4. Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore (The Wizard of Oz, 1939)
3. You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am (On the Waterfront, 1954)
2. I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse. (The Godfather, 1972)
1. Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn. (Gone With The Wind, 1939)
That's the second thing they taught me.
Sorry, Fay Dunaway playing Joan Crawford.
I disagree wholeheartedly that meth is portrayed positively in BB. COOKING meth is sometimes a metaphor for personal excellence, and a source of pride for Walter White. But things don’t end well for Walt, and it’s largely because he had so much of himself invested in his “work” that losing it meant something worse than death: mediocrity.
The meth heads in BB were destroyed creatures, zombies, slaves to their addiction. A few managed to salvage their lives and even redeem themselves, but the treatment of meth addiction in the series is brutal and harsh.
“All will be lost. Like tears in rain.” ad-libbed
“Take off and nuke the site from orbit”
Ronnie, I never forget!
Well, for starters ...
How about some more beans, Mr. Taggart? - Blazing Saddles
There are two kinds of people in this world. - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
In my jungle you'd be just another asshole. - The Dogs of War
You believe in Jesus? - Death Wish 2
“I’m your huckleberry.”
“Where Wyatt? (Doc) “He’s down by the creek...walking on water.”
“Yeah, they’re dead, they’re...all messed up.” (Night of the Living Dead)
“Well, we’re not getting PAID, that’s for sure!”- 3 Amigos.
..”and we’ll leave NO Man Behind” - “WE WERE SOLDIERS”..
Signed: ALOHA RONNIE - A Radioman/Driver/Orderly to Lt. Col. HAL G.
MOORE in Vietnam. (Not the one shown in the Randall Wallace Film)
“You’ll shoot your eye out!”
Thanks for the ping!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.