Skip to comments.30 Signs That You’re One of Those “Crazy Preppers”
Posted on 06/24/2014 6:42:03 PM PDT by Kartographer
Here are the top 30 signs, should you ever be the subject of a nationwide manhunt, that you too will be considered a Crazy Prepper on the Loose:
1. Pantries are so mainstream you have food stashed in strange places in every room of the house.
2. You have enough toilet paper to get through a year of uncomfortable digestive upsets occurring with 6 people simultaneously Speaking of which, you possess at least 3 different ways to use the bathroom, only one of which is an actual bathroom.
3.Your kids know what OPSEC means at the age of 4.
4. You have topographical maps of your area plural.
5. When youre forced to interact with the others you feel like you are awkwardly censoring your true opinions
6. You think nothing of treating an injury or illness yourself because what if there was no doctor?
(Excerpt) Read more at shtfplan.com ...
Well, that’s a relief! At least four of those aren’t true in my case. I’m not one of you crazy preppers, nosiree, not me. BTT
haha yes, very true on most points!
I’m afraid to read the rest of them. I want to be the last to know I’m crazy.
I need more toilet paper to qualify!
#28 has to be finished:
28. Your children carry a modified bug-out kit in their school backpacks. [. . . AND THEY’RE HOME-SCHOOLED!}
31. Your hot water heater and toilet tanks are your emergency source of potable water - think over 50 gallons.
The further society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell
Crazy like those Founding Fathers, right?
Items 25 and 26 are SOP here in India, and item 2 doesn’t apply because here most people (at least the ones who have toilets in the house) use a hand-shower to clean themselves (which is actually healthier than TP anyway).
And nummber 30 ought to be SOP for everyone, prepper or not.
31. It makes your day when you stumble across a few thousand rounds of ammo you had forgotten about.
Crazy Preppers ?
I thought it had something to do with
Fun to read and yes I fit in so many ways!
Cute. We need more TP. :-)
Do you have a prepper ping list?
If so, please add me to it, thanks!
I only got 12 out of 30.
1)No, but we do have 3 Freezers and 2 refrigerators and food in the garage.
2)No, 2 month supply of TP,
3)Yes, toilet, bedside toilet, outside behind the tree, could build an out-house.
5)Yes, maps but not bought for prepping purposes.
6) No, speak my mind,
7) Yes, but I don’t shun doctors
8) No, Never played paint ball, ruled at laser tag.
9) Yes, but usually go grid.
10) Yes, but who doesn’t have more manual tools?
11) No, I’ll be behind the curve on clothes washing.
12) Yes, But I need to spend more time with them at the range.
13) Yes, I often think it would be nice to have a well or spring, just in case, and I do have some rain barrels.
14) No, Case of pasta sauce and some large storage bags of pasta can get us through a month or so.
15) No, but I did buy a 10’ greenhouse a raised garden table and a water hose timer this summer. I don’t have time to till a garden, but would like an automatic supply of food. (Stuff like that is why I’m building a robot.)
16)No, but again I do have rain barrels.
17)Yes, or at least getting that way.
18)Yes, well I’m a freeper, aren’t we all on that list?
19)Yes, CNN? ROFLMAO
21)Yes, well some of that OTC stuff is expired in the 90’s but you know it’s still good.
22)No, I choose to believe good cops outnumber bad cops. I just hope the bad ones don’t shoot my dog.
23)Sadly no. I’m good for a dozen or two home invaders though.
24)No, but we do need to go to the range.
25)Yes, candles good.
26)No, I give kudos to our electric company, haven’t had an outage more than a day since I can remember.
27)No, they’d think I was a robot freak not a prepper. Prepping is hard work and I’ll need some help.
28) No, but my son will become an eagle scout soon and before they are required to wear pink.
29)No, but I’d like to know how so I can teach the robot when it’s finished.
30)No, we’d call 911 if time permits and the dog is hidden away.
)25. I just fire up the generator. Lighting candles is a good way to burn your house down.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.