Skip to comments.NObama - Ten reasons why Obama should not be President for the United States of America
Posted on 08/28/2008 4:22:14 AM PDT by drinking_buddy
My wife and I researched the Audacity of Obama and put together this list as to why NObody should vote for Obama. This is meant to be based upon facts as researched but it does have some opinion included. We are sending this to all our friends who think Obama is the Messiah!
NObama - Ten reasons why Obama should not be President for the United States of America
1. Minimum overall experience - Obama only spent 143 days in the Senate before campaigning for President. He himself stated that he didn't have experience for being President (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5BnLozS-TnM). Even his VP pick Biden during the debates doesn't think he has enough experience (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lknTPvH1wSg). As a Southern Illinois native, I keep asking myself, "What has Obama done for Illinois? What has he done to help disadvantaged families...children... in East St. Louis? Cahokia?"
2. Zero foreign policy experience - Obama's flip-flop responses to the Georgia conflict shows how he does not understand international conflict and that he will be way too soft for that 3 a.m. call (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/08/reuters-fabricates-obamas-response-to.html). In addition, he wants to sit down and meet with dictators like Kim Jong Il, Ahmadinejad, and Chavez without preconditions (http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/07/obama-vs-clinto.html). These tyrants have made it clear to us that they have no interest in working things out and discuss diplomacy; they want to kill us and destroy America. Appeasement is not the answer. What Obama suggests is the same policy Neville Chamberlain had with Hitler in WWII (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_Agreement). Obama also wants to dismantle our military (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=M0du8wMLzEY), which would merely be a continuation of a failed Clinton policy (on a lesser extent) that has already hurt our military abilities and national defense. Only recently, and reluctantly, has Obama admitted that the surge in Iraq is working, despite the fact that analysts have said that it has been working for a while (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/20/obama-courts-military-voters/print/). BTW - The surge was McCain's idea!
3. Tax and spend economic policies - Obama stated that he wants a windfall tax on oil (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080523061727AAUKN3V). This was tried in the Carter administration, and it didn't work. Extra taxes do not decrease prices, because oil companies will simply slow production, not increase it (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/226/story/37543.html). Obama also proposed over $1 trillion in new spending (http://www.ntu.org/pdf/P080603Obama_SpendingAnalysis.pdf), including giving a 0.7% of the US GDP to the UN to battle global poverty (http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-global-tax-proposal-up-for-senate-vote/). He doesn't say how he is going to pay for it except for raising taxes. Besides, giving any money to the UN right now is a bad idea; it is as corrupt as Zimbabwe! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/19/AR2008011902155.html) Why should we give US tax dollars to the UN? Where is this money coming from? Are they giving money to us? In general he wants to raise taxes on the rich. But raising taxes on the rich harms everyone and has the opposite effect on revenues (http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm). Lower taxes help drive the economy. Even JFK (a Democratic favorite!) agreed that lowering taxes stimulates the ecomony (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39517). Bush's tax cuts (for all income levels) actually increased the revenue to the Treasury (http://www.heritage.org/research/taxes/bg2001.cfm). When the economy is faltering and gas is at an all time high, raising taxes will only accelerate a recession/depression.
Throughout history, no country has ever taxed itself into prosperity! Many will point to the success of Scandinavia as a successful high tax socialist society. From a personal observation, we traveled to the Baltics and Scandinavia this summer and experienced the local scene. While each country has its own physically beauty, it was way too expensive to blissfully enjoy. This had nothing to do with the value of the US Dollar in those countries. Everything was extremely overpriced and unabtainable to the average citizen. We watched people eat McDonald's with a bottle of wine in public parks, because that was all the entertainment they could afford on a Friday night. Cars in Scandinavia are taxed 200%, and the top income tax rate in Norway is 90%. How is this an incentive to be an entrepreneur and take risks on innovations? In Oslo, we paid $32 USD for two value menus at McDonalds and $28 USD for a 5 minute cab ride. In Copenhagen we paid $30 USD for a salad! These countries cannot afford the same lifestyle as Americans, due to high taxes. I am sure the lazy and unemployed Scandinavians love it (as a matter of fact, I went to high school with a girl that could not wait to move to Sweden with her Swedish husband and live off the system!), but it takes months to get minimal medical attention, and surgeries are scheduled month/years in advance. How about this...the average Norwegian lives in a 800 sq. ft. apartment with one roomates and no privacy. This may be okay with an average population of 3 million per country, but it does not work in a land of 300 million like we have. Based upon our two weeks of experience, we would not want to live in Scandinavia.
4. Ties to radical domestic terrorism - Scary! Obama served on several boards with William Ayers and even launched his political campaign at Ayer's house (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/04/18/how_obama_and_the_radical_became_news/). In the 1960's, Ayers was part of the Weather Underground, a radical communist group that burned police stations, bombed the Capitol, and killed innocent people. While he was never convicted of any crimes because of "tainted evidence," he still holds a strong anti-American sentiment. Unbelievably, on September 11, 2001, Ayers stated in the New York Times that terrorists didn't do enough to the United States! (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F02E1DE1438F932A2575AC0A9679C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all)
5. Ties to radical racism and communism - Another Scary thought! Obama's personal pastor Reverend Wright of 20 years has very hateful things to say about America (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo). Only recently has Obama distanced himself from the Reverend. Obama also supported Louis Farrakhan, a well known anti-Zionist (http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/obama_farrakhan/2008/03/05/77971.html). Let's not forget that Barack's mentor was a communist! (http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/) Did you know that Obama's campaign office in Houston prominantly displays a flag of Che Guevara, a radical hispanic communist? (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=POkHs4Xwo5M). On the other hand, no one can question John McCain's patriotism, heroism and love for the U.S.A. for his sacrifice in Vietnam (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/08/mccains-former-hanoi-cell-mate-describes-character-in-deplorable-conditions/). Obama does not even consistently wear the US flag pin, and he rarely covers his heart for the pledge (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp) ... unless there's a photo opp! (He's gotta look good...it's all about image, right?!)
6. Associations with Chicago corruption - Obama's house and adjoining property (a.k.a. "garden") were purchased through a sweetheart deal from Tony Rezko, a convicted felon (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ULDc4jBAaL0). McCain may own several houses, but they were all purchased legitimately...whether with his wife's money, their money, or as an investment. Some of the houses are investment properties, purchased under his wife's name. While it seemed to us that McCain was making a joke (about not knowing how many houses he owns), why did the media have to take this out of context? (Does anyone know how many houses John Kerry owns? Last time we checked, his net worth with his wife is more than McCain's.)
7. Uh Uh Uh Uh - Have you ever heard Obama speak without a teleprompter? He sounds like a broken record that is stuck on "Uh". (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUml_EHHwk8) Interesting...during Obama's campaign, he said that he visited 57 states! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws) You know we like to travel, so please tell me where the other 7 states are located! Funny how the liberal media just ignores this and makes excused that he was tired. THey didn't take it so lightly when Vice President Quayle misspelled Potato(e), even though the cue card was misspelled from the teacher (http://www.rightgrrl.com/carolyn/potatoe.html). While the spelling of potato can be a bit inocuous, the media and late show hosts ridiculed Quayle to no end. I'm sorry, but even a 8 year old knows there are 50 states in the USA. Ironically, there are 57 Islamic states (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.as). We are not saying Obama is Muslim (or not Muslim), but at least he should know how many states are in the US.
8. All rhetoric in an empty suit - Obama loves to say he is about "Hope and Change", but what does that mean? (http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/wheeler.asp) Talk about propaganda! These statements are a bunch of platitudes and rhetoric that mean nothing. Obama may act like a rock star, but what does he say that has substance? He can speak for hours and say absolutely nothing. To top this off, his selection of Biden as his running mate does not align with his "Hope and Change" message. Biden has been in government for longer than McCain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden). Should we also mention that Biden is a racist (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OIT3jUrNTX0)? Again, if a Republican said half the things Biden has been "caught" saying, the media would be all over it!
9. Flip-flops on domestic drilling - Obama only changed his position on domestic drilling when it was politically expedient. (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/04/lieberman-skeptical-of-obama-drilling-stance/) We recognize that McCain changed his mind on drilling, but he has a plausible reason; he believes that it is more important to drill now, when gas is $117/barrel, compared to his previous position, when oil was $20/barrel. We agree that the US needs alternative energy (such as clean Nuclear, Hydrogen, Wind, and Solar), but we have to utilize the proven reserves in our country for our immediate energy needs (http://www.npr.org/news/specials/oilseries/domestic.html). This includes tapping into off shore reserves, oil shale, and ANWAR(http://www.dailyreckoning.com/rpt/OilShale.html). (BTW - Did you know that Norway is the richest Scandinavian country because of their off-shore oil drilling industry?) Unfortunately we are currently not allowed to drill our process our oil supplies in these areas. While protecting our environment is important, it is not a good reason to oppose safe drilling. Over 30 years ago, environmentalist were against building a pipeline in Alaska because they said it would harm the Caribou. History proved they were wrong when Caribou flourished (http://www.businessandmedia.org/news/2006/news20060419.asp) The argument against tapping domestic reserves is that it will take 10 years to utilize these resources; that's rediculous, because alternative energy will take even longer to be economically viable. Even if it takes 10 years to get the oil out, announcing the right to drill will drop the price of oil immediately (http://kudlow.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NjMyNDljNTQ5MThjNWE3YTAzYWYzMmZmNDVmMjA0ZWY= ). Also, a majority of Americans support domestic drilling (http://www.gallup.com/poll/108121/Majority-Americans-Support-Drilling-OffLimits-Areas.aspx). This is our resource, and we should utilize it while new alternatives are being developed.
10. Extreme liberalism - Obama is the most liberal senator in the Senate (http://www.npr.org/blogs/news/2008/01/obama_ranked_most_liberal_sena_1.html). This doesn't bode well for over 60% of Americans that state they are centrist to conservative (http://sayanythingblog.com/readers/entry/the_battleground_poll_60_of_americans_describe_themselves_as_conservative). Furthermore, if Obama were elected President, our Founding Fathers' ideal of checks and balances between congress and the presidency would be lost. It could stack our government in favor of the minority of liberals and Democrats that are trying to steer our government with their socialist agenda. This is also ironic, since the democratically controlled House and Senate have a rating lower than our supposedly "despised" G. W. Bush (http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0708/p03s04-uspo.html).
And this is why we say NObama!
Thank you Loud Mime.
I only need one reason. He is a Communist wannabe which makes him a danger to America. End of Story.......
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.