Skip to comments.GOProud's Agenda
Posted on 02/19/2010 7:07:58 PM PST by Maelstorm
The annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) started Thursday in Washington, DC, and runs through this weekend.
CPAC is billed as America's largest conservative conference. It attracts nearly 10,000 activists and features a who's who of speakers, including congressmen, major media people, governors, and presidential candidates. But in recent years - probably for fundraising reasons - CPAC has stressed taxes and fiscal issues while ignoring the "social issues" as much as possible. And in turn, CPAC has attracted more RINO-Republican types of attendees, particularly among students.
But this year CPAC has included a homosexual group that espouses most of the radical homosexual agenda that many conservatives are battling against -- as co-sponsor of the entire event and a participant in a panel discussion.
Shockingly, despite a plea from a major pro-family activist, a large number national pro-family groups have decided to embrace this new "big tent" approach to conservatism and co-sponsor and/or participate in CPAC. A few major groups, to their credit, pulled out when CPAC insisted on including the homosexual group. (MassResistance was also going to attend but we decided not to.)
The "conservative gay" group GOProud is a co-sponsor of this year's CPAC, has a booth, and is fully involved. GOProud describes itself as "committed to a traditional conservative agenda" that "represents gay conservatives and their allies."
But according to their website, here's some of what GOProud's agenda includes:
Legalization of homosexual marriage. They have articles cheering the progress of homosexual marriage in Washington DC and bemoaning the loss of the gay-marriage effort in New York state.
Against the Federal Marriage Amendment, which they term as "anti-gay".
Supports the repeal of the military's "Don't ask don't tell" policy.
Supports expansion of federal national health care legislation to facilitate "expanding access to domestic partnership benefits."
Having America's foreign policy support homosexuality abroad: America should: "Stand strong against radical regimes who seek to criminalize gays and lesbians" (i.e., sodomy and other homosexual behavior).
Supports special federal pro-gay legislation, including "Package of free market reforms to encourage and support small businesses and entrepreneurship in the gay community."
GOProud's chairman, Christopher R. Barron, described the pro-family movement this way: "Unfortunately there are far too many folks in this country who deserve the label anti-gay, and some of those folks are politicians. Indeed some people in this country make a living demonizing gay people and our families."
Plea by Matt Barber to chairman of CPAC
Back in December, Matt Barber of Liberty University wrote a letter to David Keene, the Chairman of CPAC, outlining his concerns about GOProud and asking him to disallow them from participation in CPAC. Matt also circulated copies of that letter to various pro-family groups around the country.
Read Matt Barber's letter to CPAC HERE.
Keene refused to make any changes in GOProud's status. As a result, Liberty University pulled out of co-sponsoring. Also, Family Research Council (FRC), Gary Bauer's Campaign for Working Families, Bott Radio Network, and American Family Association (AFA) declined to be co-sponsors. AFA is also not providing the web-casting for CPAC as they have in the past. (TownHall is doing it instead.) Congratulations to these groups for standing on principle.
Unfortunately, a large number of national pro-family groups decided to continue co-sponsoring and participating in CPAC this year. It's pretty disappointing.
FULL LIST of groups having booths at CPAC this year
Speaking on a panel and fitting right in
In addition to having a booth as CPAC, on Saturday morning GOProud's executive director, Jimmy LaSalvia, will be part of a panel, "Using Technology to Mobilize Conservatives." He'll be joined by Tom Keeley of FreedomWorks, Adam DiAngeli of Campaign for Liberty, Sandy Greiner of American Future Fund, and Kate Obenshain of Young Americans for Freedom. No problem! Conservatives falling for classic Alinsky strategy
From a strategic standpoint, this is the classic Saul Alinsky approach: Work within the system, from the inside. Try to appear as moderate as possible on the surface. Slowly but surely introduce radical "change" framed in progressive, reasonable, and rational terms. This is what they've been doing in schools and government (and many other places) for a long time. And our side continues to fall for it.
There's a lot of money and visibility to be had by being in CPAC, but at what price? The conservative movement continues on its troubled path.
CPAC is becoming a joke.
>> But this year CPAC has included a homosexual group that espouses most of the radical homosexual agenda that many conservatives are battling against — as co-sponsor of the entire event and a participant in a panel discussion.
Whose bright idea was that?!?
Meghan McCain’s. Like.....it’s sooooooooo ‘progressive’, like. /s
Deep inside every republican politician there hides a RINO’s yearning.
Call it GayProud. Call it GayPAC.
>> Meghan McCains.
McCain. The pox that keeps on giving.
I don't know if this has anything to do with Alinsky or notdoes anybody? Are they insincere as economic conservatives, and are actually Communists? That would call for the use of the Alinsky word. It just doesn't look like the simplest way to explain the facts. Of course they want in. They want their "tastes" and their money, too.
Whether they're Alinsky-ites or not, my problems with them are: 1) They're pushing immorality; and 2) it's also a sure-fire electoral loser. Nobody wants what these people are selling, and it's wrong. Why let them in the tent? There's no gain.
The question is, why would Keene even allow this mentally disturbed group into CPAC, does he have a homosexual sibling?
The radical homosexual movement is a one-issue fringe group (in this case disguised as “progressive” Republicans) designed to destroy what’s left of our culture, intending to finish off what the left-wingers started once the remaining opposition (the conservatives) is bullied and silenced. Then the tyranny will be complete.
Until this year I had thought about attending, and was moving closer towards actually doing so. But things about this year's CPAC just tell me to forget it. I can apply the money better elsewhere.
It’s pretty simple to me. The group GOProud is formed around the bizarre sexual fetish of its members. Yes, they say they support Conservative values. But what did the group form for - unrepentant, sexually active male sodomites. I’ve never seen a group at CPAC called PolygamyPride or ScatGOP. What the hell goes through someone’s mind to form a so-called Republican group around a sexual lifestyle choice? I can’t wrap my mind around such a thing.
CPAC is becoming a joke.
That’s pretty much what Mike Church said on his show this morning.
Hard to say...
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from 'The Naked Communist' by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Jan Ireland wrote this:
Communism is antithetical to capitalism. In Marxian theory, socialism is the stage between the two.
Socialism happens in America when government veers from its constitutionally granted powers, and decides it can "redistribute." It shifts the tax burden, designates some as "more equal" than others, manipulates media, denies some rights, and relinquishes other rights. These things have been happening incrementally for decades in America.
Their agenda is to tell us that they’re having sexual relationships with people of the same sex and we have to not only know about it, but tolerate it.
I don’t want to know. I don’t want to know about GOP Fetishists, GOP Poop once a day, or GOP-Missionary-Position-with-my-one-and-only-opposite-sex-spouse.
Let them be Conservatives, but don’t let them tell me what they do in what should be private.
Vocal Gay Republicans Upsetting Conservatives
New Liberal Group Hopes to Be "As influential as the MRC"
BLOGGERGATE: Hillary Leads Army of Paid Bloggers
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.