Skip to comments."Iran Will Back Down," Obamatrons Theorize
Posted on 03/28/2010 11:32:47 AM PDT by Texas Peartree
There is a disconnect between reality and America's current foreign policy toward Iran. Reality is that China and Russia will oppose any meaningful sanctions against Iran related to Tehran's nuclear efforts. Why? Two reasons. First, Russia and China like to see America tied down needlessly by a failed Petro-State like Iran. Second, Russia and China either need infrastructure contracts (both) or oil (China) from Iran.
Our current policy is to talk soft and carry an unclenched fist. Obamatron Valerie Jarrett, based upon her years of extensive foreign policy experience as a political fixer in Chicago, is certain that Iran will relent to America's will. Thank heavens! Of course, why would Iran relent on the nuclear issue? Imagine you are a leader within Iran's opaque leadership. Here is what you see;
1) Iran's Shiite belief system is considered heretical to about 85% of the Muslim world.
2) Iran's government is popular among perhaps a third of their own population.
3) Skilled Iranian workers leave Iran for any opportunity in the West, creating a brain drain.
4) Iran's oil riches are declining, and will not provide a windfall two generations hence.
5) At the same time, Iran's low birthrate will make Iran a nation of elderly poor people within two generations.
6) President Obama has made it clear that he only takes a hard line against allies, not adversaries.
When University Professors are given political power, it seems inevitable that the real world will encroach on the lofty dreams dreamt up the faculty lounges at the University of Chicago.
(Excerpt) Read more at corybirenbaum.blogspot.com ...
Adding this to Obama’s Outstanding Record of Dip-lunacy [link list]
... along with this ...
Obama didnt mean to snub PM (Netanyahu)
Chong: And Barrack Hussein didnt bow to the Saudi king nor to the japanese whatever either.
In other words: “If we keep rewarding their bad behavior, and if we keep backing down, eventually Iran will do what we want.”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.