Skip to comments.Solyndra Was Not The Only Failure
Posted on 04/30/2012 2:30:35 AM PDT by Cincinatus' Wife
....Obama was emphatic about how recovery money was to be spent......Eighty percent of the Department of Energy's (DOE) green loans, loan guarantees, and grants went to Obama backers....
...In March 2011, for example, the GAO examined the first 18 loans that were approved and found that none were properly documented. ... No notes were kept during the review process.....
Schweizer concludes, "DOE Inspector General Gregory Friedman......testified that contracts have been steered to "friends and family."
So with all that in mind, let's turn our attention to what has actually happened since Obama took office.
* SunPower, after receiving $1.5 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.
* First Solar, after receiving $1.46 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.
* Solyndra, after receiving $535 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Ener1, after receiving $118.5 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Evergreen Solar, after receiving millions of dollars from the state of Massachusetts, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* SpectraWatt, backed by Intel and Goldman Sachs, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Beacon Power, after receiving $43 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Abound Solar, after receiving $400 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Amonix, after receiving $5.9 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Babcock & Brown (an Australian company), after receiving $178 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* A123 Systems, after receiving $279 million from DOE, shipped some bad batteries and is barely operating. It cut jobs.
* Solar Trust for America, after receiving $2.1 billion loan guarantee from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
* Nevada Geothermal, after receiving $98.5 million from DOE, warns of potential defaults in new SEC filings.
And that's a partial list....
(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...
It’s nice to see all the spineless hiding behind others when someone mentions criminal prosecution or treasonist acts against the American people. Nice to know we have leaders with convictions and morals. The American citizen is sitting in a run down beatup movie house watching the worst b movie ever made while they lock the doors and someone shouts fire.
Bingo! Reelection funds. Whose following the money?
Where are the trials? Where are the hearings? Where are the special prosecutors? Where are the arrests? Where is Diogenes? Leavenworth needs expanded.
How long will Obama’s pardon list be?
Death should be the rejoinder for such massive heinous crime
His Heinous is so far past that rubric that it barely bears mention. He should be hung by thumbscrews in a public pillory and whipped by any and all so-moved passersby until we get tired of flogging him. Might take a while...
The requested URL /blog/2012/04/solyndra_was_not_the_only_failure.html was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.americanthinker.com Port 80
Weird. I checked other sites that linked it and they’re “not found” too. A glitch at American Thinker??
It laundered stolen taxpayer money almost DIRECTLY into DNC pockets.
Their server *burped* the link off into the netherland, I guess. Wonder what happened?
Here it is:
They changed the link’s title, I guess...
You’re right. They changed the title. Probably since there had been another article with the same name (or close to it).
Now it’s — “Obama’s Epic Green Fail” and they’ve moved it from the blog section to the main articles section.
Thank you for noticing and tracking down the reason.