6. What about the people on Medicare and Social Security in Texas?
7. The Demographic question?
And how would Mayor Castro of San Antonio still be a rising star in the Democrat party, if Texas isn’t in the union? Would Texas Democrats have to move to some other liberal state which was still in the union, so they could pursue their political destiny???
5. What about the US debt? Answer: Texas would have to assume its share of the debt. But the huge economic boom we would experience would help us pay off the debt. ALSO, Texas would cap the debt as of the separation. We won’t have to accept endless added debt.
6. What about the people on Medicare and Social Security in Texas? Answer: Either they emigrate to California or Wisconsin where their fate will not be the responsibility of the people of Texas, or they transition to whatever system the sovereign people of Texas may put in place in the Republic of Texas.
7. The Demographic question? Answer: The Republic of Texas will be able to put into place whatever measures deemed appropriate to control its borders and put into place appropriate immigration policies without interference from distant statist busybodies. Beyond that there is no “demographic” question.
Finally closing the border would fall under national defense.
The people on medicare and other socialist programs will have to survive on there own. I doubt the people of Texas would let anyone starve or deny them emergency health care. That’s the whole point isn’t it? You are either stupid or a socialist yourself for asking such a question.