Skip to comments.June is to be proclaimed Pride Month in Kirkland (Washington State)
Posted on 05/31/2014 12:01:46 AM PDT by 2ndDivisionVet
The City of Kirkland will join the State of Washington and King County in proclaiming June 2014 as "Pride Month." Please refrain from posting any critical comments about this subject as the comments may be deemed as hate crimes against people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning.
The following is from the City's Council Packet for June 3:
This year marks the 45th anniversary of the Stonehill Riots which is regarded as the catalyst for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) movement for civil rights in the United States. In June 1969, a group of gay customers at the pub in the Stonewall Inn (Greenwich Village, New York) grew angry over harassment by law enforcement and held a demonstration, which turned into a multi-day riot and protest. The Stonewall riots have been commemorated since the 1970s with "pride marches" held every June across the United States.
The City of Kirklands Affirmative Action Policy was amended in 2001 to include sexual orientation and is now established as:
Within the parameters required or allowed by law, it is the policy of the city to promote and assure equal opportunity based on ability and fitness to all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a disabled person. (Kirkland Municipal Code 3.80.020)
This is the first year the City of Kirkland has proclaimed June as Pride Month. In March, Governor Inslees office has proclaimed June as LGBT Month. King County will proclaim the same on June 9, 2014.
The Citys Diversity Committee, created in the early 1990s, is committed to cultivating the development of an inclusive workplace using organizational values for strategic planning, and to guide us in the creation of a shared workplace culture. Members of the Diversity Committee will be at the June 3 Council meeting to accept the proclamation.
A PROCLAMATION OF THE CITY OF KIRKLAND
Proclaiming June 2014 as Pride Month in Kirkland, Washington
WHEREAS, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) individuals are making meaningful contributions to work and life; and
WHEREAS, the catalyst for LGBTQ civil rights began with the Stonewall Riots in New York in June of 1969 and on the first anniversary of the riots, the first gay pride parades took place in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and near the Stonewall Inn in New York; and
WHEREAS, Gay pride or LGBTQ pride refers to a worldwide movement and philosophy asserting that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning individuals are proud of their sexual orientation and gender identity; and
WHEREAS, Washington State added sexual orientation to Washington states anti-discrimination law in 2006, to ban discrimination in housing, employment, and insurance; and
WHEREAS, multiple states, including Washington, legalized marriage equality for same-sex couples;
WHEREAS, the Federal government has implemented changes to correct inequalities that extend hate crime protection, allow for hospital visitation rights, address bullying and other injustices endured by LGBTQ individuals; and
WHEREAS, the City of Kirkland Affirmative Action Policy is established, within the parameters required or allowed by law, to promote and assure equal opportunity based on ability and fitness to all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a disabled person; and
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Amy Walen, Mayor of Kirkland, do hereby proclaim June 2014 as Pride Month in Kirkland, Washington as a celebration of hope and acceptance and an affirmation that LGBTQ rights are human rights.
Signed this 3rd day of June 2014
Amy Walen, Mayor
That acronym needs some vowels. Maybe A for Animals, U for Undecided.
Not being critical, merely curious:
What, exactly, are they proud of?
If anybody can be proud of anything they choose, why are these folks set aside for special treatment?
how about these perverts get their own alphabet and stop messing with ours.
Pretty foolish to spit on God when you are way over due for a massive volcano eruption. When it happens, they shouldn’t expect sympathy.
Whereas I will bet you that the Pride Month Parade will not feature LGBTQ productive citizens marching down the street in business suits carrying briefcases. Instead, they will demonstrate their “celebration of hope and acceptance” by marching down the street in various modes of undress performing acts on each other that my five year old granddaughter should not see.
but that would only excite them.
20. Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous
21. that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."
4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom--both young and old--surrounded the house.
5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."
6. Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him
7. and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing.
Isaiah 3:9 The look on their faces testifies against them; they parade their sin like Sodom; they do not hide it. Woe to them! They have brought disaster upon themselves.
2 Peter 2:13b Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
49. "`Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4. For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
5. if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6. if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7. and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
8. (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)--
9. if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
10. This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings;
11. yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord.
12. But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13. They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.
But there IS hope!!!
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10. nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If you could NOT change, you would be in most pitiful shape...
Proud of their fascination with anal orifices and the stuff which comes out of it, I suppose.
DEEM all you want, you sin enablers; for I will NOT be silenced into 'submission'!!
The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men.
Not satisfied with the sin lust they add pride.
People have asked me why I left the Northwest? Crazy left wing nut cases and a X-wife from the pit of hell should be enough.
People have asked me why I left the Northwest? Crazy left wing nut cases and a X-wife from the pit of hell should be enough.
The Stonewall Riot and Gay Militancy
Two, four, six, eight Smash the family, smash the state (Popular slogan of 1970s gay activists Oosterhuis and Steakley:2)
By 1969, the development of a growing homosexual subculture in America had spawned an open homosexual presence in major cities. So-called gay bars sprang up in Los Angeles and New York, hosting a bizarre mix of street queens, drug addicts and boy prostitutes (Marotta:71). In New York, homosexuals regularly engaged in public sex acts with anonymous partners in the backs of trucks parked near the West Village piers (ibid.:93) and in the public restrooms. Homosexual activity occurred so frequently in the bushes of one public park that the authorities were forced to cut down the trees to stop it (Adam:85). In response to police efforts to discourage this increasingly offensive behavior, homosexuals began to organize to demand the right to public deviancy. Emboldened by their numbers, they began picketing businesses such as Macys Department Store, which had cracked down on homosexual behavior in their restrooms (ibid.:85).
On the evening of June 27, 1969 the gay rights movement officially adopted terrorism as a means to achieve power when a surly mob of drag queens, dykes, street people, and bar boys physically attacked police officers conducting a raid on the Stonewall Bar on Christopher Street in New York. Stonewall was one of the best known of the Mafia controlled bars (Marotta:75), and was being closed for selling alcohol without a license. It was also a haven for sexual deviants. As police began to take some bar patrons in for questioning, a mob of homosexuals gathered across the street.
Homosexualist Toby Marottas The Politics of Homosexuality includes an eyewitness report by a writer for the Village Voice:
[A]lmost by signal the crowd erupted into cobblestone and bottle heaving The trashcan I was standing on was nearly yanked out from under me as a kid tried to grab it for use in the windowsmashing melee. From nowhere came an uprooted parking meterused as a battering ram on the Stonewall door. I heard several cries of Lets get some gas, but the blaze of flame which soon appeared in the window of the Stonewall [where the police officers were trapped] was still a shock (ibid.:72).
By morning, the Stonewall bar was a burned-out wreck, and homosexual leaders had declared the violence a success. Interestingly, the anniversary of this event is known today as Gay Pride Day and features parades and other events most notable for their public sex and nudity (ibid.:158). It is ironic that the very activists who emerged from this new militant environment developed (in 1970) the strategy of claiming victim status through the use of the pink triangle and commemoration of the homosexuals who were persecuted by the Nazis (Adam:86).
That means confused adolescents "questioning" their sexuality.
Yes. They are after young people. It's right there in their acronym.
“Please refrain from posting any critical comments about this subject as the comments may be deemed as hate crimes against people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning.”
Prior restraint on free speech is not legal. Can I post information about the health effects of having anal sex? Since when should people who like to have anal sex have “pride” in this preference that others must take note of and refrain from not showing their approval? Is this crazytown?
“Please refrain from posting any critical comments about this subject....”
The author’s admonition seems to be working well at yon website. Posters are completely cowed.
Gonna take a lot of Brown Shirts to round up the offenders.
I thought it was the Stonewall riots.
Why did the reporter call it Stonehill?
Must be some kind of homophobe.
Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins. Got that?
“Jorge” sounds like a freeper:
“Hey, I am normal. I am proud of that. Is that permitted?”
jorge gthog61 13 hours ago
No, suggesting others aren’t normal is considered hate. You have 11 of 12 months for pride and they only have June to schedule their pride-related activities in Kirkland. Although 1/12 is over 8% which is a much higher number un-hetero than found in most studies.
I just don’t get the use of the word “pride”. One can be proud of their country, like the first lady is finally, or proud of your honor roll student, or proud of your bully kid who beats up honor roll students, or proud of someone over a difficult accomplishment, but proud to be a sex pervert?
Even being proud to be a white person, or a black person, or latino or whatever race is just plain stupid. Nothing was accomplished to be proud of, it is just how it is.
The word “pride” has been flushed of any meaning.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.