Skip to comments.The 15 Sexiest Characters In TV History
Posted on 02/20/2007 3:26:20 PM PST by pissant
What makes someone sexy?
It could be their eyes. Their legs. Or the way they talk. Or smile.
TV certainly has had its share of hot characters who have made our hearts skip a beat. With the most romantic day of the year rapidly approaching (that would be Valentine's Day), now's the perfect time for my list of the 15 sexiest characters in TV history.
After checking out the list, tell me if you liked it, hated it or wanted other people on it. I'd love hearing from ya...
1. Mary Ann Summers (Gilligan's Island) Why her? Ginger, Schminger! Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) was the cute one! OK, so the sweet farm girl from Kansas was modeled after Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Whatever. With her aw-shucks charm and girl-next-door appeal, Mary Ann was adorable, sexy and the kind of woman you wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with.
Her sexiest feature: A smile that could light up a nighttime sky.
2. Sonny Crockett (Miami Vice) Why him? No TV detective was cooler or oozed as much silky charm. Whether he was busting skanky hookers or blasting evil drug lords, Sonny (Don Johnson) was always hotter than South Beach in August. Plus Miami's sexiest vice cop made the T-shirt worn under Armani jacket style the hip look of the MTV '80s.
His sexiest feature: The rugged designer stubble.
3. Lily Manning (Once and Again) Why her? The luminous Sela Ward proved that being a 40ish soccer mom doesn't mean you still can't be vivacious, attractive and wonderfully desirable.
Her sexiest feature: A girlish quality that belied her wisdom and life experience.
4. David Starsky (Starsky & Hutch) Why him? He tore around the mean L.A. streets in a red Ford Torino that had a large white stripe painted on the side. Starksy (Paul Michael Glaser) chased pimps, dope dealers and muggers in a cool leather jacket with his collar always turned up. He had really curly hair.
His sexiest feature: The slight bow-legged limp that gave Starsky a super fly 'tude.
5. Jeannie (I Dream of Jeannie) Why her? Jeannie (Barbara Eden) was a remarkably well-preserved, 2,000-year-old, smokin' hot genie who wanted nothing more than to please her "massss-terrrrr." That about says it all, doesn't it?
Her sexiest feature: The eyes and how they blinked.
6. Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman) Why her? Lynda Carter was a crimefighting bombshell you couldn't ignore mostly because of that eye-catching costume, her invisible plane and that voluptuous frame.
Her sexiest feature: That voluptuous frame.
7. Rey Curtis (Law & Order) Why him? Because he's one of the prettiest men on earth. New York City homicide detectives aren't supposed to be that pretty. But by-the-book Rey (Benjamin Bratt) was. When you can make Julia Roberts (Bratt's ex) look ordinary, well, that's saying something.
His sexiest feature: It's a tie between the deep olive skin and the lean physique.
8. Thelma Evans (Good Times) Why her? Thelma (Bernadette Stanis) was a stone, cold fox. Yes, I'm using '70s lingo, people. Can you dig it? I sure don't know who big bro J.J. (Jimmie Walker) thought he was looking at when he kept calling Thelma ugly.
Her sexiest feature: She was bootylicious before some chick named Beyonce was even born.
9. Mr. Roarke (Fantasy Island) Why him? That smooth accent. The crisp white suit. The way he purred, "I am Mr. Roarke, your host." His sexiest feature: The purring accent -- especially when Ricardo Montalban was purring "Corinthian leather" in those old Chrysler Cordoba car commercials.
10. Kelly Garrett (Charlie's Angels) Why her? She was better looking than toothy Jill (Farrah Fawcett-Majors) and just as smart as brainy Sabrina (Kate Jackson). The bottom line: Kelly (Jaclyn Smith) was the most heavenly angel of them all.
Her sexiest feature: The shiny hair that belonged in a V05 commercial.
11. Jonathan Rollins (L.A. Law) Why him? As an arrogant attorney, Blair Underwood knew how to demand your attention and keep it. When you're model handsome and have oodles of charisma to spare, you can do that sort of thing with ease.
His sexiest feature: Those pearly whites are so bright, you need shades to look at 'em.
12. Seven of Nine (Star Trek: Voyager) Why her? C'mon...you've seen the eye-popping Borg getup the curvy Seven of Nine wore. It was so tight it looked like it was painted on. How Jeri Ryan managed to breathe in that costume remains one of the world's most perplexing mysteries.
Her sexiest feature: Her robotic manner. I'm kidding.
13. Theo Kojak (Kojak) Why him? It takes an incredibly sexy man (that's you, Telly Savalas!) to make sucking on a lollipop and cracking, "Who loves ya, baby?" look cool.
His sexiest feature: The chrome dome under that hip fedora.
14. Sydney Bristow (Alias) Why her? You've seen Jennifer Garner slinking around in a fetching teddy like a Victoria's Secret supermodel, right? Well, when you can do that and kick bad guy butt with authority, you're beyond hot.
Her sexiest feature: The pouty mouth that won't quit.
15. Dana Scully (The X-Files) Why her? Sure, Scully (Gillian Anderson) wore drab pantsuits as a dedicated FBI agent in search of "the truth." But there's nothing sexier than a woman with a brain who can, well, perform autopsies, handle a firearm and stare down liver-eating mutants without blinking.
Her sexiest feature: See Jennifer Garner.
Screw that. Post the pics of the new Fox News babe!
That thread disappeared, darn it!
I missed that TV show, apparently.
In Before The David Hasselhoff Pix!
Lets say a little prayer it never shows up...
Elmer Fudd thought so, anyway.
That was the single greatest thread today!
Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Michele Malkin.
And no, not Hannity. Men just don't belong on a list of the most sexy.
Try to find it now...
They certainly don't, unless its me.
Battlestar Galactica, best show on TV.
Well there are exceptions. What, you're so ugly you're cute? ;>)
I suspect that this thread will go to the bit bucket too.
I missed that entirely. In fact, my TV show viewing since 1978 is pretty slim
yeah, that was a good one.
That is nice. Not Diana Rigg, but something lovely.
Too sexy for my clothes. LOL
The Sci-Fi channel started a re-imagined series in 2004. They're on to season 3 now.
I call her Two of Two,
There's a sci fi channel?
I think I know who that is. The politicians wife, right?
Good call, and my first thought. We're showing our age Pissa'
She looks pretty generic in my book
Lenny Briscoe ~ (the late Jerry Orbach)
:::sigh::: I miss 'im
confident, funny, sexy
John Doe, Lincoln Burrows ~ Dominic Purcell
wish we could hear his real Aussie accent
The Avengers and listening to Jethro Tull. Old farts.
Yeah, it's a basic cable channel. They specialize in one or two good series and a whole slew of crappy made for tv monster movies.
Sexiest cartoon character ever, Ann Margrock on The Flintstones.
I'll take generic every day.
I've heard of Lenny Bruce, does that count?
I thought Veronica from the Archies was good.
Betty Rubble was OK but she was no Judy Jetson.
Where's Bailey Quarters?
Ellie Mae Clampett?
Not a recurrent character,but....Roberta Lincoln (Teri Garr),Star Trek 1966
Yeah, what is wrong with generic? LOL.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.