Skip to comments.What is the Conservative Platform (Vanity)
Posted on 11/05/2008 8:15:21 PM PST by Pan_Yan
Ten Steps to Restore the United States of America to the Citizens of the United States.
1. Repeal the 17th amendment to the constitution. The Senate of the United States was created specifically to prevent the tyranny of the majority. By allowing the popular election of senators we removed the power of the states to defend themselves against the federal government exceeding its constitutional bounds. This action led directly to the gross excesses of government that have saddled us and future generations with a bloated, overbearing, intrusive government. A Senate elected by state legislatures will help push the balance of power back towards the local level.
2. Remove the entire United States tax code and replace it with a single tax scale. There should be only one tax form. Fill in your name. State your income. Attach a check that corresponds to your taxes. Every person who earns an income, regardless of amount, shall pay taxes. This country revolted against taxation without representation. We are now faced with an equal tyranny in the form of representation without taxation. Every voter should have a financial stake in their vote. There should be no corporate taxes, no capital gains taxes and no inheritance taxes. (Substitute the fair tax, the flat tax, a national sales tax, whatever. Just get rid of what weve got.)
3. Allow citizens the option of leaving the social security system. Repeal all laws allowing individuals who have not contributed to social security to receive payments. Repeal all laws allowing individuals to receive payments out of proportion to the amount they contributed to the system. Stop the entry of new persons into the system. Continue to make payments to people already in the system in accordance with the promises already made. Pay the overage out of the general budget. It is time for President Roosevelts long national nightmare to end.
4. Pass term limits for all national offices. No member of congress should hold office for more than six years. Members of the House of Representatives are not eligible to run for the senate nor shall they be appointed to the senate if their total time in congress would exceed six years.
5. Eliminate the Department of Education and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Neither of these departments performs any major function granted by the constitution to the federal government. Begin the consolidation and elimination of other agencies that perform functions not granted to the federal government by the constitution.
6. Inform the United Nations that in the interests of equality the United States will now pay 1/192nd of the operating budget of the United Nations for the previous year, with an annual increase not to exceed three percent. Offer to double the payment if Frances veto in the security council is removed.
7. Ban all unions by federal employees.
8. Pass comprehensive tort reform. Until the irrational threat of lawsuit is controlled the American health care system is in imminent danger of nationalization.
9. Close all republican presidential primaries. Allowing non party members to choose the nominees of the party makes as much sense as allowing China to vote in our national elections.
10. Establish five set dates for presidential primary elections between May and July of the year of the election. Separate the 50 states into five groups of ten states each. Rotate the groups each election cycle. Americans are paying billions of dollars for ethanol subsidies that have no practical purpose other than to set the ground work for members on congress seeking the Iowa caucus vote in the next presidential cycle.
The above list is mine. I tried to limit it to things that can be affected directly by new legislation. I intentionally did not include those items that are already law but are not enforced (read border control). I also did not include things I need to learn more about, such as eliminating the Federal Reserve. I don't really understand what they do, but I don't like them.
I'm not a big fan of vanities, but maybe this one can be a little more contructive than the deluge of "What was that lady wearing on Fox?" and "I think McCain should have won Hawaii" threads we have been inundated with.
Let’s repeal the 14th too. (not retroactive mind you!)
This is not a vanity but a good post thank you
I spent most of today dwelling on the ‘what ifs’ of the election. I’m done now. It’s time to move on. Thanks for the feedback.
Offer to raise the UN payment to 3/192 if they decide to take their peacekeeping missions seriously instead of sitting back and watch as all hell breaks loose in the countries that they are supposed to be trying to fix.
I like your list, and it’s order. I have a problem with #6 though.
We should also demand a seat and a vote for each State. We are a union of independent States, in the same way the E.U. is and if France and Germany both get a vote then Tennessee and North Dakota should also.
Agreed, but I’m not sure I would want to repeal any of them. Ann Coulter once opined that the end of our democracy began with women’s sufferage. As best I can remember her thinking was that the voting public began replacing logic with emotion. I would add that our culture has also been severly feminized, contributing to the problem.
Let’s get Birchy with it & get US out of the UN & the UN out of US!
That’s what I’m talking about. Repeal the 19th
*runs from massive storm*
But then we can attack any country that attacks Israel with impunity. =)
I don’t think we should participate in any U.N. sponsored peacekeeping endeavor. They always support the wrong side, go in too late, refuse to keep peace and then lecture everyone about how it wouldn’t have happened if the so and so had agreed to the Angolan plan sponsored in resolution blah blah blah. The African countries need to fix Africa. European countries should have done the heavy lifting in Bosnia and Serbia. Not us.
You left out that little part about the peace keepers raping and prostituting the very same helpless people that they are supposed to be protecting.
We can’t fix the U.N. Nor can we punish it’s members for their misdeeds. We should just marginalize them as much as possible, and this includes defunding their little rape and prostitution operations.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.