Skip to comments.12 reasons why to vote a straight Democratic ticket
Posted on 10/31/2011 10:13:19 PM PDT by Mier
When your "friends" cannot explain why they voted for Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick their reasons from this "TOP 12"...
1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn, than I would.
3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.
9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.
11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".
12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my @&&, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view or an original thought of my own.
And the sad thing is; there are idiots out there who agree with most, if not all, of the list.
I voted Democrat twice because I am dead.
I voted Democrat because my chads are hanging.
13. I voted democrat because my professors at Yale, Princeton, Harvard and every other university in the country told me it would save the whales and the planet.
Thanks, that was enjoyable to read...although sadly it is more true than comedy...
Hope you don’t mind, I copied and pasted it to an email and sent it around to some friends...
I voted Democrat because I am too stupid to think for myself.
I voted Democrat because MSNBC told me it would prove me to be intellectually and morally superior to my neighbors.
I voted democrat because I like the idea of our military having the same social values..and fighting ability.. of Holland`s.
I voted Democrat (geez that is hard to say/write)
because I believe in a group that thinks unborn children are ‘throwaway’ items while convicted murderers etc are heroes.
Also, it makes perfect (Democrat) sense to sue the Church for ‘hiring’ priests that may sexually assault young lads while, at the same time, suing the Boy Scouts for NOT hiring leaders that may sexually assault young lads.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.