Skip to comments.The 40 Best Quotes from Ronald Reagan
Posted on 07/03/2012 6:28:37 AM PDT by workerbee
40) "A hippie is someone who looks like Tarzan, walks like Jane and smells like Cheetah." 39) "The American dream is not that every man must be level with every other man. The American dream is that every man must be free to become whatever God intends he should become."
38) "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."
37) "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence."
36) "A taxpayer is someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take a civil-service exam."
35) "One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it."
34) "I am paying for this microphone !" (When a debate moderator threatened to cut off his mike at a debate he paid for.)
33) " I want you to know also I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent's youth and inexperience. (To Walter Mondale at a debate)
32) "One legislator accused me of having a nineteenth-century attitude on law and order. That is a totally false charge. I have an eighteenth-century attitude. That is when the Founding Fathers made it clear that the safety of law-abiding citizens should be one of the government's primary concerns."
31) "There you go again." (Reagan to Jimmy Carter in a debate)
30) "I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if Im in a cabinet meeting."
29) "Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."
(Excerpt) Read more at townhall.com ...
Number 38 is especially pertinent now.
Our people look for a cause to believe in. Is it a third party we need, or is it a new and revitalized second party, raising a banner of no pale pastels, but bold colors which make it unmistakably clear where we stand on all of the issues troubling the people?
Loved the brilliance of this man.... I am bookmarking this. Thanks for posting.
I was blessed to be able to vote twice for this outstanding man, who understood what America should be. It is sad that younger voters have never had that opportunity.
Always been one of my favorites.
I cast my very first vote for him (2nd election).
It’s still unfathomable to me how far we’ve fallen since then.
Read the #1 quote and tell me this guy didn’t win the cold war and defeat the external communist threat.
Best President in our life time!
the best president in my lifetime.
You’re welcome. It seems esp. appropriate on this July 4th Eve to read great words from this great man.
Much future tagline material. :) Thanks for posting.
Ronaldus Magnus bump
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.