Skip to comments.Welsh Restaurant Served Double Whisky to Two-Year-Old Celebrating His Birthday (U.K.)
Posted on 10/11/2012 11:08:29 AM PDT by DogByte6RER
Welsh restaurant Frankie and Benny's served booze to toddler
A RESTAURANT chain has apologised for accidentally serving alcohol to a toddler in Wales, calling it a case of human error.
The BBC reported that two-year-old Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whisky at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.
His mother, Nina Rees, said he was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink, which was supposed to be lime juice and water, after noticing that he was making a funny face.
"It was whisky, I would say a double. As soon as I sipped it I had the slight burny feeling in my throat and warming in my chest," she said.
"Sonny had taken about 10 sips - he was obviously intoxicated."
At the hospital, the staff monitored his vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.
Frankie and Benny's said it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident and is looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.
(Excerpt) Read more at dailytelegraph.com.au ...
BBC further reports ...
Sonny was asleep by the time he arrived at Morriston Hospital, Swansea, where staff monitored his vital signs.
He was later given the all-clear and allowed to go home.
What a cry baby! He should have finished it and asked for another.
Nothing like that has ever happened for my birthday.
I’m surprised a 2 year old didn’t just spit it out; whiskey isn’t exactly what a kid would consider tasty. Has he some experience already with booze..?
Booze and babies are a BAD mix. Glad the little fellow is still breathing.
People are retarded.
They took a picture instead of stopping it?
hmmm skull and cross bones on that sweater
I’d be making faces drinking the Lime Juice!
Yeah... I read the article, kick me out of the posting before reading club. It doesn't happen often.
I still don't care for most bourbons. Jameson on the other hand......
The person who made/served the drink didn’t know?
Were they fired??
Wonder if he asked the Doc for something for a hangover?
pass jameson.. try feckin. great irish whiskey.
don’t see this happening. my kids have both tried to “sneak” daddy’s whiskey, both promptly spit it out and started asking how i could drink that.
i, of course, responded, “how can you drink milk? that’s gross”
Orders do get screwed up. Drink gets delivered to the table to the adult that ordered it, who gives it to the kid. Oops. Mistakes do happen, you know.
If the order did get screwed up, someone at the table was drinking lime juice and water instead of their drink? I think I would have noticed right away....unless it was like my 10th one.
You would be amazed at what I've seen as kitchen manager at a sports bar.
I'll never again work in an establishment that serves anything stronger than beer or wine.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.