Skip to comments.30 Signs You’re Not a Proper Grown-Up Yet
Posted on 10/24/2013 12:06:36 PM PDT by nickcarraway
Legally, youre an adult once you turn 18. By societys standards, you come of age at more like 21. But as most of us come to realise, youre not really a proper grown-up for at least 10 years after that. In case youre not quite sure whether youve reached total independence, here are some signs real adulthood has yet to sink in
1. Youve been working full-time for six years but youre still waiting for the summer holidays to happen
2. You sometimes eat cereal for lunch
3. and sandwiches for dinner
4. Your ultimate career goal is to get to the point where you can go to work in your pyjamas
5. You go to exhibitions and galleries using your parents Tate membership cards
6. Watching Question Time makes you feel like some kind of wizened old man
7. as does listening to Radio 4
8. you havent quite mustered up the courage for Newsnight yet
9. Youve been known to return from a weekly food shop with six bottles of wine, three packets of Supernoodles and a single apple
10. You and your housemates do clean the place, but you cant get it to look as clean as home did
11. Youre still too scared to leave voicemails
12. Your first instinct when a light bulb goes is to call the landlord
13. But you realise thats unacceptable, so you call your dad
14. You dont usually take your laundry home to Mum, but if youre going home anyway, you bring a few bits and bobs for her to do for you
15. Youve realised theres no point in buying sugar, salt or pepper for your kitchen when you can get those little sachets free in so many food outlets
16. and the plastic cutlery is useful for when washing up seems too stressful
17. You spend 30 per cent of your time thinking about ways you could justify getting a puppy even though you work full-time and are out most evenings
18. You do not own a toolbox
19. You do not own an iron and are pretty sure your creased-shirt look is catching on at work
20. You dont complain in restaurants because it makes you feel too much like your Grandma Joan
21. You eat baked beans for the last 10 days of each pay packet
22. When you see a parent with their toddler in the street, you identify with the toddler and not the parent
23. and you wish you could be in a pushchair too
24. You stopped being a student long ago, but youve extended your NUS card through trickery and still enjoy discounts almost everywhere
25. Similarly, youre over 26, but magically still have a Young Persons Rail Card
26. Youve lived away from home for years, but your bank statements still go to your parents address
27. You took a coat to be dry-cleaned once and talked about it for days because it made you sound so grown-up
28. You still make a Christmas list each year
29. and it includes things like Food processor, Laptop insurance and Money
30. When things get tough really, really tough you call your mum
And cold sandwiches for dinner....guilty. You try cooking when it’s 105 outside!
I snack on Life Cereal or Kix (Fruit Loops sometimes) right out of the box like you would eating potato chips. Been doing that since I was a kid.
Dabo said he has watched the film and thinks if Clemson and FSU played 10 times Clemson would win 5 and FSU would win 5.
Well, maybe not so off target. Dabo needs to grow up...
heck I sometimes eat cereal for dinner
the new chocolate gluten-free chex are de-lish!
and honey-nut cheerios are good for you, so its like a salad
Adam and Eve were created as mature adults .. never went through puberty
Jesus is refered to as the last Adam
Jesus ministry (maturity) began at 30 and ended at 33
I conclude a man matures in the 30 - 35 year block.
That theory holds true to my own life and as I observe the world around me.
Raisin Bran is my night time cereal of choice ... keeps me regular.
You are 100% right. Looking back I didn’t become fully aware until about 33.
I sometimes CAN work in my pjs (software development working from home) but it wasn't a career goal.
Like I said ... it's unproveable ... unless everybody agrees with me .. and if THAT happens ... I'm running for President !
Signs you are a proper grown up (and then some):
You worry about which cereal will keep you regular.
Which is why I eat this.
Geez I eat cereal for dinner.
I pretty much own 1 to 4 and my kids are out of college.
I’ve even been known to occasionally have *gasp* Ramen Noodles.
And if I left my teeth on the nightstand or actually put them in that plastic thing with the fizzie.
Ah, but do you eat them unreconstituted, i.e. right out of the package?
The fizzie is in the plastic thingy but where are my damn teef!
I’ve done that!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.