Skip to comments.Anti-gun WHACKOS REGURGITATING OLD Shooting Incidents In Effort To Keep Clinton's Semi-Auto Ban
Posted on 08/17/2004 8:18:40 AM PDT by DocH
I've got a daily news search set up on "My Yahoo" to give me a list of news stories relating to 2nd Amendment issues. I have specifically set up a daily search for stories using the keywords, "gun, assault weapon". I know that the people who run Yahoo are left-wing anti-gun geeks, and the major "mainstream media is of the same ilk. Due to that, I'm NOT surprised to see that most of the stories that come up are NOT favorable to guns, gun owners, or the 2nd Amendment. What I noticed today though, goes beyond the pale. Wishing for, but not getting a well-timed shooting disaster (thankfully, the REALITY is that these incidents are VERY RARE) where many innocents are shot by some whacko wielding an "evil" (so-called) assault weapon, the anti-gun fanatics are REGURGITATING OLD tragedies in an effort to reverse the apparent demise of the ill-conceived, essentially WORTHLESS (from a crime fighting/reducing angle) Clinton Semi-Auto Gun & (so-called) Hi-Cap Magazine Ban. Below, I've cut & pasted the actual news search that I got this morning (using "gun, assault weapon" for the search, and listing MOST RECENT stories FIRST). Notice that, in a very limited, TOP TEN search, fully FOUR (story numbers 5,6,8, and 9) of the ten are VERY OLD stories designed to fire up the anti-gun whackos, AND instill fear and anger in a public that is generally naive about the real FACTS concerning crime, guns, gun owners, gun rights, etc. ANYTHING to try and renew and expand the current so-called Assault Weapon Ban. Notice also that these stories, pulled up around 10 AM this morning, August 17th, TWO THOUSAND FOUR, yet they (PBS, Yahoo, who?) have the stories listed as only HOURS old, even though they are from NINETEEN NINETY NINE! Check it out, and if like me, you are outraged at this typical left-wing scumbag tactic, write the geeks at Yahoo. And THEN... VOTE PRO-GUN (MUCH more so than fake and fraudulent 2A "supporter" - Kerry - IT'S NOT ABOUT HUNTING and SPORTING USES JOHNNY!) by voting for President Bush.
NEWS SEARCH RESULTS 1-10 of about 892 (Whats this?) Sort by: Relevance | Date
1. EARL OFARI HUTCHINSON: Judging Clarence Thomas Eurweb - 1 hour, 31 minutes ago (Aug. 17, 2004) The most revealing quip in Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas' newly published biography Judging Thomas was made by Thomas' conservative high court sidekick, Antonin Scalia. He chides Thomas as a judge who is not bound by the constitutional line of authority.
2. 3 arrested in robbery at hotel 2 brothers, woman charged in Thursday night incident News Observer - 7 hours, 11 minutes ago RALEIGH -- Martha Brodie hasn't been able to sleep since Thursday night, when a 20-year-old woman and a man, with a gun in each of his hands, robbed Brodie and her two siblings in a hotel room.
3. Some say Oak Ridge plant still at risk despite changes Tennessean - 7 hours, 13 minutes ago OAK RIDGE Staccato bursts of a machine gun rip through the woods near the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant, a warhead parts factory and uranium storehouse that has been criticized for lax security.
4. Police and Courts - August 17 The Daily Camera - 7 hours, 52 minutes ago A 22-year-old man committed suicide in a field next to Foothills Parkway over the weekend. Investigators were notified the man was suicidal and discovered his vehicle in the 10000 block of Foothills after 9 p.m. Sunday. About two hours later, the man's body was found about 50 yards from the highway.
5. ABOUT FACE NewsHour - 9 hours, 5 minutes ago The escalating politics of gun control. President Clinton was in Colorado today to endorse a statewide ballot initiative, a step that highlighted state action as the new focus in the struggle.
6. FIGHTING FOR CONTROL NewsHour - 9 hours, 25 minutes ago A week after a school shooting in Colorado left 15 dead and others injured, President Clinton called for increased gun control. Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Richard Durbin (D-IL) discuss the matter with Jim Lehrer.
7. heraldsun.com: Grand jury has a busy schedule HeraldSun.com - 9 hours, 27 minutes ago DURHAM -- Murder suspects arrested at a gang house, a man accused of pointing a gun at a police officer and a convicted killer who escaped after allegedly kidnapping and handcuffing a detention officer were among those indicted Monday by the county grand jury.
8. CONTROLLING GUNS NewsHour - 9 hours, 40 minutes ago U.S. Rep. Bill McCollum (R-FL), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Crime, and U.S. Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), author of legislation that would ban all gun sales unless approved by the federal government, discuss gun control measures.
9. LITTLETON GRIEVES NewsHour - 10 hours, 11 minutes ago A school shooting in Littleton, Colorado leaves 15 dead and others searching for answers. Jim Lehrer interviews Jefferson County District Attorney David Thomas about the investigation.
10. Close Combat: First to Fight Updated Impressions - Close Combat: First to Fight Previews for PC at GameSpot GameSpot - 14 hours, 44 minutes ago Close Combat: First to Fight is the upcoming, realistic first-person shooter being developed by Destineer in conjunction and cooperation with the United States Marine Corps.
I fail to see how any of these incidents has any meaning to our constitutional right to bear arms. The arguments are flawed.
Out of my cold dead hand . . .
They HAVE no meaning... but that does not deter the Left. Or the gun-grabbers. Or ANYONE wishing to use the Constitution as toilet paper. Haven't you noticed that? They use these to scare the public, then push their "solution" on us, regardless of the facts. Two cases in point:
National Firearms Act of 1934 which outlawed possession of automatic weapons, silencers (so-called) and short barrelled shotguns/rifles without a FedGov tax stamp... meant to deter use of such weapons by bootleggers, etc... except that Prohibition I had been dumped at least 2 years earlier and the gangsters had gone almost dormant...
USA-PATRIOT Act enacted a host of (at LEAST) semi-Constitutional (IMO, TOTALLY UNConstitutional) new powers for FedGov which, again my opinion, have made us NO SAFER, but have put dangerous new power in the hands of those MOST apt to abuse it, namely FedGov.
Fear does work to get power concentrated in the hands of the worst of us. That's why these stories are being resurrected.
1982 SEnate Committee Report. Full text. The one the Government Printing Office will no longer print copies of.
>>>Fear does work to get power concentrated in the hands of the worst of us. That's why these stories are being resurrected.<<
Yes. And Yes. Whats needed is a counter-view - stories of how firearms have saved people.
They have to use these old stories because someone caught them a couple of years ago just making them up. (HCI)
26 days, 10 hours, 38 minutes...