Skip to comments.A Demoralized FreeRepublic. What is the Solution? (Vanity)
Posted on 11/10/2005 10:24:15 AM PST by jveritas
The tone on FR is very demoralized. Liberals and their media unfortunately have succeeded in demoralizing a large number of freepers. From their constant savage attacks on the President and the Republican Party with lies and distortions, to their biased polls, to blaming the President for everything under the sun, many freepers are feeling very demoralized. They are further demoralized because President Bush is not fighting back, because the RINOS in Congress are screwing thing up for the President agenda. Add to that a huge numbers of trolls who infiltrated FR in 2004 and 2005 to divide and demoralize by creating doom and gloom, and piling on the President and the GOP.
So what are the solutions for the demoralization problem?
(1) Stop the knee jerk reaction every time the liberal media write an article telling us that President Bush and the GOP are finished. Stop taking every biased poll as the end of all. No doubt that the President approval is down but no doubt that the polls are so biased to take 6 or 7 points more from his approval numbers. Never before we have had so many polls coming in an off election year and the reason for this is very simple. The media is doing all these biased polls to demoralize the Republican base and it is succeeding to some degree as we see from the knee jerk reaction of many freepers. The media is taking any event that is happening and distort it with the most negative spin to demoralize us. Rather than falling for the media lies, distortions and very negative spin we must take anything they write or say turn it around on them and destroy all their lies and spin.
(2) Ask the White House to fight back the lies and distortions of liberal and their media whores. How do we do this? Demand replacing Scott Maclelan? Besides new junkies like us how many people listen to Scott Maclelan? Ask the President to hold a press conference every week to expose the lies liberals and their media? Do you want the President to spend his time fighting every lie and distortion made by liberals and their media? How can we guarantee that the media will cover what the President is saying or what any of his spoke people are saying? Can they just ignore what is he saying?
(3) Put pressure on the RINOS to stop screwing the President agenda. How do we do this? Ask the White to twist their arms? What if the RINOS say to the White House Screw you? Ask the GOP leadership in Congress to twist their arms? What if the RINOS also tell them Screw you?
(4) Purge the trolls who infiltrated FR in large numbers in 2004 and 2005. These trolls are not necessarily someone who spread Dummy crap on FR. They put on a phony conservative mask and bash the President and the GOP on every occasion. Their main goal is to divide and demoralize. Their job is to spread doom and gloom. Purging these guys can stop a lot of the infighting and the demoralization that is going on. We need to report these trolls to the mods and do not let them get away with this.
Then we'll say "Screw you" when we vote them out.
The solution is to get on the "rioting in Europe" threads and make fun of the French: that always cheers me up.
(5) Stop the proliferation of whining vanities that add nothing to the Forum whatsoever.
I am raising my hand right now....as someone who is not demoralized....
BUT...the answer to one of your questions is: get rid of the Congressidiots that are betraying their country...
It will take time...but we can do it...we helped defeat Daschle last year...
The GOP can grow some nads. That would solve a lot of problems.
That's funny cause its true...it's aways a quick pick-me-up
Do they trust Democrats to keep them safe?
I believe many Americans believe that a Democrat in the White House would bring us France.
Republicans are not fervent enough fighting back against the enemy...especially the domestic enemy...Democrats.
I fear Democrats much more than the terrorists.
am i troll because i criticize the president when he doesnt represent the conservative principles that made me vote him and the gop congress into office?
(6) Official friday SIllines thread agumented with Monday Mornonics, Tuesday Titilation, Wonderbra Wednesdays, and Insult a Kennedy Thurdsays. Saturday and Sundays will be officially called Vast Right Wing Conspriacy observance days.
The fact that the Prez's approval ratings are down on issues that involve flagrant lies by Dim and Lib players is depressing. The Conservative media just cannot fight aginst the Dominant Lib media on an even level yet. We have about 5-10% of the media and they still have the rest of the 90-95%.
We were under the illusion that we would win all or most of the battles from here on out. There is still a long way to go.
Conservatives are also demoralized by a President who does not throw the gloves on the ground and start swinging. Of course the emasculated leadership in congress doesn't help much.
It's the policies, stupid.
We'd be "moralized" if the policies were better.
Purge the trolls who infiltrated FR in large numbers in 2004 and 2005. These trolls are not necessarily someone who spread Dummy crap on FR. They put on a phony conservative mask and bash the President and the GOP on every occasion. Their main goal is to divide and demoralize. Their job is to spread doom and gloom. Purging these guys can stop a lot of the infighting and the demoralization that is going on. We need to report these trolls to the mods and do not let them get away with this.
Stop debate. Purge the non believers. Yeah, that's the ticket.
We are Doomed.
According to the Treasury Department, from 1776-2000, the first 224 years of U.S. history, 42 U.S. presidents borrowed a combined $1.01 trillion from foreign governments and financial institutions, but in the past four years alone, the Bush administration borrowed $1.05 trillion.
No, Must silence dissent and create repubiborgs.
Resistance is futile.
I agree with most of what you said. Except for the Demoralized part. I am not at all demoralized, pissed, but not at all demoralized.
I agree, it isn't all doom and gloom. Frankly, I think the Dim's are shootin their wad about 18 months too early. All this crappola is only going to bring us all together by the time the next Pres. Election.
RINO's are still a problem however, that is gonna take pressure from the voters who put them there to stop that I think. But then again, the GOP field is admitedly wide open for 08 so there are a lot of Pres. Wannabes who are making things difficult just to get time on the evening News Cycle. What can you do about Ego really?
I submit that your thesis, especially this statement, is the root of misunderstanding. Liberals (or at least Dem liberals) and the media aren't primarily responsible for the huge pork spending, the stupid senior prescription welfare, the "bailout" of New Orleans, the illegal immigration debacle, CFR, the education bill, etc. We have seen the enemy, and our elected representatives are a huge part of it.
Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
I am not demoralised and you shouldn't be either.
Somebody mistakenly belives that FR is a GOP site.
More stories about Panther cheerleaders! And Beer, and Twins.
Actually, that's the primary cause. The typical Rat rantings and media lies aren't demoralizing in the least -- we've lived with them forever.
Funny, I don't detect any of this FR depression you speak of. Maybe you're reading the wrong threads?
WAIT ONE MINUTE! Not everyone who joined in 2004 is a troll.
THe Mods are doing a good job of allowing the trolls to reveal themselves and then removing them.
Yesterday Hannity spoke with WH staffer named Bennett who promised the WH would pick up the slack (finally) against this onslaught from the left, so's we can cut back on the drinking. Said it'd start possibly Today.
And lots of it.
I must be a troll because I think all politicians no matter if they are republicans or Rats are slimeballs and crooks. It's just the Republicans are the better breed. Almost ever politician elected into office has said one thing and then did the other after being elected. It's just the way of the politician.
Speaking for myself, I had no MORALS to begin with. So, no loss on this end.
We need to support "the Governator" too, viciously under attack by the media, unions, Hollywood, ETC, for over a year non-stop, and he did have the guts to take on the corruption. He is trying at least, how do we help him and Pres. Bush, both so very much under seige non-stop and the hype and distortions affect even some solid Republicans, I hear it everywhere now. We all need to fight back with facts and determination!!
If we are demoralized the terrorists have won.
Its too eary for purging...that should be done door to door not amongst internet friends.
To your second point...Yes firing McClellan and Andy Card would be a first step.
As would a sit down with conservative Senators to "instruct" the President that he's butchering things, has done ZERO for conservatives of late, and may get the trash bin presidentcy designation like his father. Tough love but then again three years of an ineffectual President at this time in history is unacceptable.
Absolutely. What was the whining about this morning? The RINOs who sold out on ANWR. And yes there were those who based Bush over it - for not "twisting their arms". Well, it's up to us. OK, who are these RINOs? I didn't see anyone post names. We should demand names, then start flooding their email boxes, jamming their phone lines. Don't forget those Republicans in Florida who wouldn't let the Rats take the ballots into a closed room. It scared the hell out of them. You want a party with gnads? Then be one.
but that is still very thin gruel to serve.
The Republican Party, we suck lessTM
From my perspective, there is only one party that takes the Islamofacist threat seriously and deals with it rationally. This is my single issue and IMHO the overiding issue. You either support that party or you believe that the Islamofacist threat is a fantasy.
Because I am so convinced of this truth, I have a hard time listening to a great deal of rhetoric and I hope for the day when the so-called opposition wakes up and realizes that we are at war with a real and lethal enemy that must be put down.
The only people who care about Bush's poll numbers are the MSM and Bushbots. Lord help us if he starts looking for a "legacy".
It's a far larger percentage here than in the voting public. They claim to be conservative but spend most of their energy attacking the conservatives in office.
The problem with the GOP is that RINOs haven't been marginalized or eliminated. But rather than focus on them, the disaffected Freepers blame the entire party. It's quite apparent what their agenda is.
Don't mind, I am recycling a pithy rant from another post, but it belongs here as well.
Dude. I like totally kicked.....totally. I like, swear.