I sometimes wonder if Iran's behaviour is just a "Mouse That Roared" syndrome...
Maybe they are just jealous of all the money being spent on Iraq and it's infrastructure..
Maybe Iran has plans to incite the americans until war breaks out, surrender, and then demand that america spend billions of dollars to bring Iran up to "modern" standards..
New Water, Sewer, and Energy distribution for the country..
I know, it sounds ridiculous on the face of it, but when you consider what we are spending in Iraq for those very things, ( water, sewer, electrical grid, schools, medical care, small business creation, etc.. ) it wouldn't surprise me if neighboring countries are just a little bit jealous..
posted on 04/27/2006 12:42:50 AM PDT
(In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king..)
"Maybe Iran has plans to incite the americans until war breaks out, surrender, and then demand that america spend billions of dollars to bring Iran up to "modern" standards.. "
I doubt they plan to surrender, but they certainly appear to be trying to incite a war. I'm trying to figure out the motive.
- Is this a New York sidewalk defense? Act crazy enough and people will leave you alone?
- What could they gain by a war? An excuse to invade Iraq?
- Do they think that they could engage the U.S. on the ground in Iraq and win?
- Are they benefiting from driving the price of oil up?
- Is their mad president inciting a war as a way of bringing down the Iranian government?
- Does he think he is rallying the troops and consolidating his position in Iran and/or the muslim world?
I just don't get it.
posted on 04/27/2006 2:23:45 AM PDT
The reason we are NOT spending most of what was allocated for Iraq reconstruction is not being used because the Iraqi oil is paying for it (they prefer it that way).
posted on 04/27/2006 7:26:39 AM PDT
(Proud to be an infidel)
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson