Skip to comments.Lawsuit: 'Die Hard' director used private eye to wiretap ex-wife [Hillary's Pellicano]
Posted on 07/03/2006 5:25:55 PM PDT by SmithL
Los Angeles -- A lawsuit filed Monday claims "Die Hard" director John McTiernan hired a celebrity private eye to illegally wiretap his ex-wife.
Donna Dubrow's invasion-of-privacy suit was filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court and seeks unspecified damages for what it calls a "reprehensible scheme."
The suit says McTiernan and his wife separated in the summer of 1997. During "extremely contentious" divorce proceedings, McTiernan hired Anthony Pellicano for more than $100,000 to wiretap Dubrow and record her telephone conversations so he could obtain a "tactical advantage in his dispute," the lawsuit states.
McTiernan's attorney, John Carlton, declined comment, saying he had not previously heard about the legal action.
The suit is the latest legal tangle over a massive wiretapping scandal that prosecutors said involves Pellicano and a host of Hollywood celebrities.
(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...
This appears to be a complicated lawsuit. I'm still waiting for the Clinton name to come as Pelicano had been hired by the Clintons to investigate- well, just about everyone they hated.
I'm glad to be just a working stiff who stays friendly and respecful towards his ex's.