Skip to comments.A Few of FR's Finest....Every Day....12-28-06...Pet Day at the Finest
Posted on 12/28/2006 6:55:20 AM PST by dutchess
click here to read article
Lovely link! Thanks!
Thanks for your cute sunny bunny comment!
Hi, Dolly. I can never catch up with you, you wascal!! :)
Anyhoo, to you, Rus and GeeBee, here's what happened: was happily sitting at my desk FReeping last night... multi-tasking several threads at once, haha... and I heard what sounded like a waterfall.
Hmmm....? It was dark out by then and kind of late for the gardener to be hosing down the property. But thought I would get up and see. As I walked by my bathroom, I glanced over and saw it was flooding and the waters a-risin'...!!! The terlit was overflowing and water was backing up in the bathtub, rising fast.
I phoned the building manager and, thanks be to God, he responded right away, came to look. The water was a-risin' still, now soaking into the hallway carpeting. He took one look, turned to me, smiled and said, "I don't know what to do."
Funny thing, I was kind of fascinated by the whole process and not too upset, hadn't had this kind of flood before. Well, we both heard water running upstairs so he went up and told them to stop.
Fortunately, a plumber lives on premises and was home. He got right to work, and uncoiled the snake. This went on for a while and a few tree roots later, all was well. This gave me the opportunity to do a long-postponed cleanup of the bathroom. Haha.
My cat thought it was all pretty entertaining too. So, now we are actually better off after the panic and excitement.
THINGS I MUST REMEMBER AS A DOG!!!
1. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
2. I should not suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
3. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge, behind the sofa, or under the bed.
4. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house.
5. I will not eat the cats' food, either before they eat it or after they throw it u
6. I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean carpet in the house when I am about to be sick.
7. I will not throw up in the car.
8. When at the beach, I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc. no matter how good they smell.
9. Kitty box crunches, although tasty, are not food.
10. I will not eat any more Kleenex or napkins and then re-deposit them after processing, in the back yard.
11. The diaper bin is not a cookie jar.
12. My humans' toothbrushes are for the exclusive use of my humans. If they want me to have one, they'll get me one.
13. I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, so that when I throw up, my people will not assume I am hemorrhaging.
14. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down on rainy days.
15. We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
16. I will not steal Mom's underwear and dance all over the backyard with it.
17. The sofa is not a face towel, neither are Mom & Dad's laps.
18. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
19. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mom's driver's license and car registration.
20. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
21. To avoid having a string hang out of my butt, I will not eat mint-flavored dental floss out of the bathroom garbage.
22. I will not consider rolling around in the dirt a necessity first thing after getting a bath.
23. I will remember that sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way to greet visitors.
24. I will not fart in my owner's face while I am sleeping on the pillow next to their heads.
25. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
26. The toilet bowl is not a magical, never-ending water supply, and just because the water is blue doesn't mean it is cleaner.
27. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is here.
28. I will remember that suddenly turning around and smelling my butt can quickly clear a room, and is thus to be avoided.
Except when in-laws are here.
29. The cat is not a squeaky toy, so when I play with him and when he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
30. Even though he's too chicken to come on Sundays, the mailman WILL be back
Just noticed this very cute comment! ((((Thank Ya Ony!))))