Skip to comments.Iranian Alert - February 12, 2007 - Pentagon blames Iran for 170 US deaths in Iraq
Posted on 02/12/2007 8:15:50 PM PST by DoctorZIn
Top News Story
Pentagon blames Iran for 170 US deaths in Iraq
- The Telegraph reported that the US blamed Iran for the deaths of 170 US troops inside Iraq.
Iran Test Fires Anti - Carrier Cruise Missile
- Newsblaze.com reported that Iran's Revolutionary Guards Naval and Air Forces have just test fired an anti-carrier cruise missile.
Iran Sends Anti-air Missiles to Sunni Insurgents and Hizballah
- DEBKAfile reported that sources in Tehran and Kurdistan disclose that, last month, two Iranian QW-1 and SA-7 missile consignments reached Iraqi insurgents allied with al Qaeda and one, radical Shiite Moqtada Sadr’s Shiite militia, the Mehdi Army. Israeli sources report the same anti-air weapons were delivered at about the same time to Hizballah units in Lebanon including the south.
Gates insists US won't attack Iran
- Boston.com reported that Defense Secretary Robert Gates insists that, despite persistent reports to the contrary circulating in Washington and around the world, the United States is not planning military action against Iran.
Gulf States Load Up On Weapons of War
- The Sunday Telegraph reported that leaders of Sunni Arab states are embarking on multi billion dollar military spending spree in an attempt to contain the growing threat from Iran.
Democrats Urge Administration to Go Slow With Iran Evidence
- Fox News reported that while senior U.S. defense officials say they have evidence linking some of the deadliest weapons being used against U.S. forces in Iraq to the highest levels of the Iranian government, congressional Democrats are warning the administration to go slow in making its case.
The Mullahs and the Bomb: Chirac's Analysis
- Amir Taheri, Asharq Alawsat asked: is the Islamic Republic really trying to produce a nuclear arsenal? If yes, should we worry about it? Earlier this month, France's President Jacques Chirac posed the questions, answering both in the affirmative. If Chirac remains true to his analysis, he would use the French veto to stop a new UN resolution.
Moscow expected to use its influence to prevent another anti-Iran resolution
- The Islamic Republic News Agency reported that the Supreme Leader's adviser for International Affairs Ali Akbar Velayati said here Saturday that Iran expects Russia to do its utmost to prevent another resolution against Iran from being passed.
China, India, Russia agree on Iran issue: Chinese expert
- Teluguportal.net reported that India, Russia and China have a near identical approach towards resolving the Iranian nuclear impasse and will advocate a negotiated solution within the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) at the trilateral meeting of their foreign ministers.
This is Iran, But Not as You Know it
- The Sunday Times reported on another side of Iran that the western media does not often tell us of.
- The Globe and Mail reported on his trip to an ultra-conservative corner of Iran, where you can see most clearly the fractures appearing in Mr. Ahmadinejad's authoritarian facade, and the forces of opposition beginning to mass against him.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
- Ardeshir Dolat reported on a video where Ahmadinejad talks about the possibility of producing home made nuclear energy (bombs) at home.
- CoxandForkum published a cartoon valentine from Ahmadinejad.
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
To read todays thread click here.
Join Us At Today's Iranian Alert Thread The Most Underreported Story Of The Year!
"If you want on or off this Iran ping list, Freepmail DoctorZin
This is ZERO TOLERANCE STUFF! But the Rats want to study all of the info because they were misled by whe whole world about Saddam's WMD!
What are they waiting for??? another 170 troops to die so the cut and runners can proclai wereeeeeee loooosinnnnnggggg??????
Big Bombs make mushy mullahs.
There used to be a time where that alone would cause the murdering dictator and country to recieve a severe but well deserved bombing, right Kadaffi?
Now it's no big deal.
"Ah so what, we are not going to attack Iran no matter what they do", says Gates.
"They can rape my grandmother for all I care" says Gates, pounding his fist on his desk
"In fact, I challenge Iran's Mullahs to nuke one of our cities" Gates, now standing, stroking the American flag behind his chair bellows.
"That's how positive and reasurred Iran can be that we will not attack, so they can damn well build all the nukes they want, It won't budge us from our resolve".
Mahmoud is starting to sweat.
If Tehran Only Knew, what will happen if there is no regime change in Iran.:
"In America, we lie for tactical reasons, stating over and over that military action against Iran is unlikely. However in Iran, out of ignorance, they reiterate that American military action against their country is impossible because the US is "unable" to do so!
We say and hope our analysis is wrong. A possible military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities is in the final stages. Unless a political miracle occurs that revives the halted dialog between Iran and the international community, Iran and its neighboring countries should not be surprised by a scenario that includes American military action. "
Just maybe, President Bush is purposely allowing the media and the left to spout their garbage in order to create the illusion that we are completely incapable of taking any action against Iran. It would come as a complete surprise if we did take action.
Iranian Map: Before we unleash the real hell on earth shown below for the Iranian Whackjobs:
Then, we show the suicidal Islamofascist serial killers in charge of Iran, what real nuclear weapons will do.
Iranian Map: After the above!
Summary of US military buildup in the Persian Gulf area since the first of the year:
Over the past month, the U.S. Navy has given orders to the U.S.S. John Stennis carrier battle group, based in Bremerton, WA, to steam toward the Persian Gulf, where it will join the U.S.S. Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Navy sources say the Pentagon is getting ready to announce the dispatch of a third carrier battle group the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan from San Diego. That will make three carrier battle groups in the region starting at around the end of January.
Oh, and along with them is the amphibious assault group led by the U.S.S. Boxer, which can land several thousand U.S. Marines to seize and destroy strategic sites near the coast at a moments notice. (Busheir? Bandar Abbas? Jask? The three Persian Gulf islands Iran seized from the UAE in the 1990s and has since fortified to harass Gulf shipping? Your pick).
Other recent US Naval and Marine Corp additions to handle/control/kill the Iranian Serial Killers:
Bataan Transits Suez Canal, Enters U.S. 5th Fleet Story Number: NNS070130-14 Release Date: 1/30/2007 7:00:00 PM
By Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class (SW) Joanne De Vera, Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command/ Commander, U.S. 5th Fleet Public Affairs
USS BATAAN, At Sea (NNS) -- The multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Bataan (LHD 5) and the Sailors and Marines of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) successfully transited the Suez Canal on Jan. 30 and entered the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
While in the region, the Bataan Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) will conduct maritime security operations (MSO).
MSO help set the conditions for security and stability in the maritime environment, as well as complement the counter-terrorism and security efforts of regional nations. These operations deny international terrorists use of the maritime environment as a venue for attack or to transport personnel, weapons or other material.
U.S. 5th Fleets area of operations encompasses 2.5 million square miles of water and includes the Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman and parts of the Indian Ocean.
Well continue our role as the surface warfare commander and the air defense commander for the Bataan Expeditionary Strike Group, said Cmdr. Jon Carriglitto, Bataans operations officer. Together with the MEU, we bring the ability to insert a quick, capable amphibious force where its needed.
While in theater, approximately 6,000 U.S. Sailors and Marines assigned to the ESG and the 26th MEU provide the combatant commander a versatile sea-based force that can be tailored to a variety of missions. The Bataan ESG has the capabilities to support MSO, combat operations and humanitarian assistance/disaster relief.
Bataan ESGs presence in the U.S. 5th Fleet will require the crew to conduct what it does best: well deck and flight deck operations, said Carriglitto. Well be conducting varsity-level operations, but much of it falls right in line with our ongoing training, so I know were ready to meet those challenges.
Bataan, commanded by Capt. David Hulse, left its homeport of Norfolk on Jan. 4 for a regularly-scheduled deployment as the flagship of the Bataan ESG. The ESG is comprised of the Bataan Strike Group, commanded by Commodore Donna Looney, commander, Bataan Strike Group/Amphibious Squadron 2, and the 26th MEU based out of Camp Lejeune, N.C., commanded by Col. Gregg Sturdevant.
In addition to Bataan, the strike group consists of USS Shreveport (LPD 12), USS Oak Hill (LSD 51), USS Vella Gulf (CG 72), USS Nitze (DDG 94), USS Underwood (FFG 36), and USS Scranton (SSN 756).
For related news, visit the Commander, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command/Commander, U.S. 5th Fleet Navy NewsStand page at www.news.navy.mil/local/cusnc/.
"Due to rapidly developing events in Somalia, U.S. Central Command has tasked USS Dwight D. Eisenhower to join USS Bunker Hill, USS Ramage, USS Anzio and USS Ashland to support ongoing maritime security operations off the coast of Somalia," said Navy Lt. Cmdr. Charlie Brown, a spokesman for 5th Fleet in Bahrain.
More Iranian related news:
Pentagon official tells LA Times aggressive new tactics designed to deter Iranian assistance to Iraqi militants may include more forceful patrols by fighter planes along Iran-Iraq border to counter smuggling of bomb supplies from Islamic Republic; For every improvised explosive device that goes off in Iraq, a bomb should go off in Iran, retired Air Force lieutenant general says.
IRAN CLOCK IS TICKING
Thursday, February 01, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com
LINKED NEWS ANALYSIS
Military and intelligence sources continue to tell me that preparations are advancing for a war with Iran starting possibly as early as mid-to-late February. The sources offer some differences of opinion over whether Bush might cite a provocation from Iran or whether Israel will take the lead in launching air strikes against Irans nuclear facilities.
A Quote from: The Dogs of War - Lessons of the 20th Century. By Victor Davis Hanson, (author most recently of Carnage and Culture: Landmark Battles in the Rise of Western Power):
"I would not wish to fight the United States - either militarily, politically, or culturally. For every threat, our history teaches us that Americans offer not just a rejoinder, but the specter of a devastating answer of a magnitude almost inconceivable to those now chanting and threatening in the streets of the Middle East.
Do they have any idea of what sort of dangerous people we really are? Do they understand the history of the names of those ships now off their coasts, like the USS Peleliu or Enterprise, or the pedigree of the 82nd or 101st Airborne?"
In spite of all the reality above, the insane Islamofascist serial killers in charge of Iran are going ahead with naval war games in the Persian Gulf.
Iranian navy, air forces to launch wargames in Persian Gulf, Oman Sea IRNA / Reuters ^
Posted on 02/06/2007 10:20:34 AM PST by maquiladora
Missile units of the air and naval forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) will begin a specialized wargame in southern and central parts of Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman from Wednesday.
The announcement follows mounting tension with the United States, which has said it will step up pressure on Iran. This has included despatching a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf, a major shipping lane for oil exports.
The exercises will be staged on Wednesday and Thursday by the missile units of the Guards' naval and air forces, the semi-official Fars news agency reported, citing a Guards source.
Hey, what is causing all those bright lights and loud noises!
The nuclear bomb used at Hiroshima was puny compared to what we have ready for the Islamofascist serial killers in Iran:
Atomic blast in Hiroshima
An atomic blast demolished the centre of Hiroshima, Japan, on August 6,1945. Japan agreed to surrender after a second atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki on August 9.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.