Skip to comments.Talk-show fans still tune in big-time at Rush hour
Posted on 10/11/2007 7:41:22 AM PDT by rface
Rush Limbaugh remains the most listened-to talk show host in America, according to a semi-annual estimate in the trade magazine Talkers, with at least 13.5 million people tuning him in at some point during the average week.
Sean Hannity is a close second with at least 12.5 million. Then there's a drop to Michael Savage and Dr. Laura Schlessinger, who Talkers says each have at least 8 million listeners a week.
Limbaugh and Hannity are heard locally on WABC (770 AM), Savage on WOR (710 AM) and Schlessinger on WWDJ (970 AM).
Talkers says its figures are based on station reports, Arbitron "and other sources." and are not precise ratings data.
The top 12 for spring 2007:
1. Limbaugh, at least 13.5 million
2. Hannity, 12.5 million
3. Savage & Schlessinger, 8 million
4. Glenn Beck, Laura Ingraham, 5 million
5. Neal Boortz, Mark Levin, Dave Ramsey, 4 million
6. Mike Gallagher, Michael Medved, 3.75 million
7. Jim Bohannon, Clark Howard, Bill O'Reilly, Ed Schultz, Doug Stephan, 3.25 million
8. Bill Bennett, Jerry Doyle, George Noory, 3 million
9. Rusty Humphries, Kim Komando, Lars Larsen, Jim Rome, 2.25 million
10. Bob Brinker, Dr. Joy Browne, Tom Leykis, Mancow, 1.75 million
11. Alan Colmes, Thom Hartmann, Hugh Hewitt, Lionel, G. Gordon Liddy, Stephanie Miller, Randi Rhodes, 1.5 million
12. Dr. Dean Edell, Bill Handel, Opie & Anthony, Michael Reagan, 1 million.
Where’s Air America?
Is FreeRepublic slow for YOU too?
It’s dragging a bit this morning and I see that the “views” feature is missing, again...
Crush Rush ??? BWA HA HA HA HA
Is that combined?????
For those who missed it this week, Rush pinned Waxy in two out of three falls.
Do you mean to tell me that only 13.5 million people listen to Rush Limbaugh??? This is dangerously low!
I thought so too, but it might be because the listener base has a broader range to choose from than say, five to ten years ago.
About a year ago, I heard Rush say that he had 21 million listeners. Why would the number decrease by about a third?
‘I thought the number was 20 million a week.’
Keep in mind this covers the summer months, when listeners have other things to do. Its telling they add ‘at least’.
I like Glenn Beck, but I really do wish that he would stop constantly referring to himself as “the third most listened to show in America”, because he isn’t.
Personally I don’t know how they could even get a number.....
These figures probably only account for people listening via radio and not those downloading podcasts or streaming via direct subscription.
Those numbers come from “Talkers Magazine”, a publication mostly ignored by the money people in radio, but not by the MSM. Go here for the full story;
DREAM ON, ED
Progressives Use Faulty List, Rush Wrongly Downgraded
The number is more like 27 million listeners.
Ellen RATner works for talkers doesn’t she? That’s all I need to know.
In Davey Jones’ Locker arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.