Skip to comments.Deal Hudson: Obama and Infanticide?
Posted on 07/01/2008 4:13:21 PM PDT by tcg
Infanticide is becoming a touchy subject for Barack Obama.
So much so that his supporters either deny that their candidate ever voted against the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, or they describe his votes as "procedural," as if Obama never really opposed providing medical treatment for infants who survived an abortion.
The facts show otherwise.
The Born Alive Infant Protection Act was first introduced in the Illinois legislature in 2001 after nurse Jill Stanek revealed that babies born alive in Christ Hospital in botched abortion procedures were left to die, unattended by medical personnel.
That same year Stanek testified before the Judiciary Committee, where Obama asked whether the bill would subvert a woman's right to abortion. Obama voted against the bill in committee but "present" on the Senate floor.
When the bill was reintroduced in 2002, Obama again voted against it in committee and was the only state senator to speak against it on the Senate floor. Again the bill was defeated with Obama voting "no" and leading the opposition...
(Excerpt) Read more at catholic.org ...
Strange they don’t mention the ‘born alive protection bill.’ That is the most important thing about this whole thing..that he would refuse help to a baby that survived and leave them ‘shelved’ to die. This COLD and it gives a real incite into this man.
Do they give the prenatal life pain killers before they start to abort it?
“The Roman Catholics for Obama Web site has no mention of his opposition to the Born Alive Infant’s Protection Act.”
Email this to them.
1 minute satirical Obama video here:
Hurry before some diversity loving (RIGHT!) Obamaniac at YouTube pulls it.
From OnTheIssues.org: Obama on Abortion
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
From OnTheIssues.org: John McCain on Abortion:
* Pro-life and an advocate for the Rights of Man everywhere. (Feb 2008)
* GovWatch: 1999: Don't force women to have illegal operations. (Feb 2008)
* Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
* Concerned if women undergo illegal dangerous operations. (May 2007)
* Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
* Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
* Family Conference if daughter wanted an abortion. (Jan 2000)
* Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape. (Jan 2000)
* Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity. (Jan 2000)
* Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
* Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
* Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
* Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
* Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
* Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)
* Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
I did mention to a nurse (not in a combative way, she wanted to know what I had against Obama so I told her). She happens to be catholic, gung ho for Obama or Hillary, either one, doesn't like Republicans, that was one of my main objections to him (there are others), despite his charisma. She said they did that in nursing school with babies born without brains or seriously defective, so I didn't argue about it, but think a lot of it is just plain infanticide though I am no professional.
Other people I've mentioned it to just don't seem to care or understand what it truly means. It's frustrating trying to understand that mindset.
My sister is far more educated than I, but I did get her to rethink her stance on pro choice, not necessarily convert her entirely. She said partial birth abortions were for babies who didn't feel anything because some are Down's or have no brains. That is simply not true with all of them and doesn't excuse it anyway AFAIC.
I've lived this in my own life, and keeping a baby and giving it life or putting it up for adoption is a lot harder than just getting rid of a problem. Of course, you never tell children that if you know how close they came and why. I try not to be too hard on them, know personally one who is a mess partly because of that. Her mother, who died a catholic in good standing, paid for an abortion for her sister. I wonder if she ever confessed it, not my business really.
I really don't know many who have had abortions who openly admit it, but some of the ones who have regret it later when it is too late. One girl I met in a mental health program years and years ago whose boyfriend convinced her to get one, was sterile after that. She was very remorseful and bitter. They always remember how old their child would have been. Some just don't seemed bothered by it.
Please FreepMail me if you want on or off my Pro-Life Ping List.
Thanks for posting these.
|1:||CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2271 (618 bytes ) preview document matches
1 Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion,
|2:||CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2272 (580 bytes ) preview document matches
2 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. "A
|3:||CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2322 (290 bytes ) preview document matches
2 From its conception, the child has the right to life. Direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, is a "criminal" practice (GS 27 § 3),
|4:||CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2274 (554 bytes ) preview document matches
gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results: a diagnosis must not be the equivalent
You’re welcome. Thanks for posting your info. That “OnTheIssues.org” site seems pretty good. It covers nearly everything on every politician, at least the major ones anyway.
The stage was set for the Cardinal to hit a grand slam historic teaching and correcting series on the preeminence of the life issue.
The fact that this "priest" is heavily supporting this most pro-abort pol was not even mentioned for being removed for a whole whopping week.
It must be true that his own mother, if permitted at the time, may have very well had an abortion. She was single, her boyfriend was black and the year was I guess in the early 60s. According to Obama, his own life should have ended in abortion. I’m not saying it should have, I’m just saying it could have according his own beliefs.
Freep-mail me to get on or off my pro-life and Catholic List:
Please ping me to note-worthy Pro-Life or Catholic threads, or other threads of interest.
But using back alley abortions as an excuse for legalizing it doesn't wash either. That is a "choice", too, to have one of those. If they're so pro choice, why do they care what a woman does (other than vote for them)?
That is new to me that his mother may have had one, probably conjecture. It's possible. It got me wondering about a lot of things I probably didn't know about that happened in the 20's and 30's even before I was born.
The abortion movement originated with the eugenics society, who believe that some individuals shouldn't be allowed to be born at all, blacks, the poor and the stupid.
Abortion is a big hoax that's killing innocent lives, and destroying families.
My feeling is that abortion has probably killed future scientists, lawyers, doctors, and yes presidents. For a black “Christian” man, he should know that it is blacks that are targeted the most, and by percentage are being killed through abortion at a higher rate than any other race. It's a damn shame.
I try to keep up on it, and blacks seem the #1 race considering percentage of population that are getting them. I wish they'd wise up. Our town fought them coming here and won, then the darn city next to us which is really a middle-class and wealthy town, not many poor, not many blacks, their city council approved it, about 3 miles or less from me. That was probably over 10 years ago now. Some people go there just for birth control though, so not everybody going there is for an abortion.
So go figure. Our city is going downhill fast with scumbags coming in, drugs, shootings, and ghettoized for the poor of all races.
So we had a guy come from Michigan and drive his car through the womens' health clinic in my town, thought it was an abortion clinic. At least they got them out of the local hospitals as far as I know.
I think all sorts of people use the services. Too bad we have to have one so close in a really nice area. Some really fought hard against it, just not enough.
“She said partial birth abortions were for babies who didn’t feel anything because some are Down’s or have no brains. “
This. Abortion is still eugenics. Close to 90% (if not more) parents who get a prenatal diagnosis of downs syndrome abort their babies, and it’s a legal reason in the third trimester.
It makes me want to scream. It has made me cry. To kill your child just because he or she is disabled. To have it written into our laws that these children can be killed when others can’t because of their condition. I was unaware that Downs babies were incapable of feeling pain and I’m still skeptical, I’m pretty sure they can just as much as any baby at that late a stage. But really, it doesn’t matter. If I anesthetize you and cut off your arm against your will, it doesn’t make it any better that I cut off your arm against you will just because it was painless. It is still wrong, wrong, wrong.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.