Skip to comments.Jill Stanek: Obama's biggest lie about supporting infanticide
Posted on 07/02/2008 4:35:45 PM PDT by wagglebee
On June 25, CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked conservative commentator Bill Bennett what question he would ask Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama if he could.
Bennett said he would ask Obama:
Why are you to the left of NARAL, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein when it comes to abortion? Are you really there? ... I got to question the guy's moral judgment who doesn't see a problem with killing a baby after it's been born. What is the answer to that question?
Bennett was speaking about Obama's opposition to Illinois' Born Alive Infants Protection Act as state senator. This legislation declared all live babies legal persons, which would guarantee them the right to appropriate medical care, even if abortion survivors.
(To which Obama defender Donna Brazile responded, "Bill, you want to have a conversation about narrow issues but the American people want to talk about gas prices. ")
Over the years, Obama or his surrogates have mischaracterized Illinois' Born Alive Infants Protection Act and his reasons for opposing it at least 10 different ways.
(Excerpt) Read more at worldnetdaily.com ...
And he likely doesn't consider the rest of us to be persons either.
Freepmail wagglebee to subscribe or unsubscribe from the moral absolutes ping list.
Obama is a baby killer, and that is not a racial comment....
Gad, where do we get these idiots.
This atrocity and unspeakbale evil in addition to his militant anti-Americanism and his abject marxism.
But, Obama's ardent followers (including the MSM) are not swayed by logic, reason, or truth, and regardless of his positions, his gaffes, his past, or his associations, he is an idol and they the idolaters. His campaign media-blitz has been designed and engineered to evoke just such mindless hero worship without considering specific positions.
Those wild-eyed people represent the millions of Americans raised in the government day-care and indoctrination centers we call public schools who did not have, or would not listen to, parents and others who tried to counterweight the propaganda they heard at school...who have been raised on 60 second sound bite time spans and know no better.
You have other tens of millions on the dole who will vote for him regardless of position because he promises to keep pilfering the public largess for them.
Still othes of millions will vote for him simply because he is black, not caring to hear or look at his actual positions.
Other millions will vote for him because they know exactly who he is and what he represents and agree with his anti-American positions.
The first three are all what is termed, useful idiots, a term coined by Lennin for the dupes he got to support him.
Against this it is left to us to educate, arouse, and amass the tens of millions of Americans, of all races and creeds, who understand and hold fast to the foundational principles our constitutional republic rests upon...many of them the bitter, rural Americans clinging to their guns and religion that Obama so arrogantly spoke of.
Finally, understand that this is not the first time in history that rock-star, messianic status has been conferred on a populist, charismatic individual in order to hand them the reigns of power. Although there are many critical differences, still it is important when you consider the danger that this candidate poses to American foreign policy, our economy, our social fabric, and to the war we are fighting against fanatical Islamic Jihad terrorists, to note the following comparison:
Simply put, Barack Hussein Obama is the apex of the hate-America, domestic enemy in this country. His election as president would be the greatest coup any enemy has ever scored against this country and could easily lead to the worst, horrific disaster in our nation's history.
From OnTheIssues.org: Obama on Abortion
* Ok for state to restrict late-term partial birth abortion. (Apr 2008)
* We can find common ground between pro-choice and pro-life. (Apr 2008)
* Undecided on whether life begins at conception. (Apr 2008)
* Teach teens about abstinence and also about contraception. (Apr 2008)
* GovWatch: Obama's "present" votes were a requested strategy. (Feb 2008)
* Expand access to contraception; reduce unintended pregnancy. (Feb 2008)
* Rated 100% by NARAL on pro-choice votes in 2005, 2006 & 2007. (Jan 2008)
* Voted against banning partial birth abortion. (Oct 2007)
* Stem cells hold promise to cure 70 major diseases. (Aug 2007)
* Trust women to make own decisions on partial-birth abortion. (Apr 2007)
* Extend presumption of good faith to abortion protesters. (Oct 2006)
* Constitution is a living document; no strict constructionism. (Oct 2006)
* Moral accusations from pro-lifers are counterproductive. (Oct 2004)
* Pass the Stem Cell Research Bill. (Jun 2004)
* Protect a woman's right to choose. (May 2004)
* Supports Roe v. Wade. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Sponsored bill providing contraceptives for low-income women. (May 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
From OnTheIssues.org: John McCain on Abortion:
* Pro-life and an advocate for the Rights of Man everywhere. (Feb 2008)
* GovWatch: 1999: Don't force women to have illegal operations. (Feb 2008)
* Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
* Concerned if women undergo illegal dangerous operations. (May 2007)
* Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
* Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
* Family Conference if daughter wanted an abortion. (Jan 2000)
* Abortion OK if raped; and no testing for rape. (Jan 2000)
* Supports fetal tissue research; against over-intensity. (Jan 2000)
* Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
* Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
* Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
* Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
* Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
* Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)
* Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
* Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)
I have long suspected that Jimmy Carter was a sort of "Manchurian Candidate," and I am POSITIVE that Obama is. As Rush has opined, Obama IS NOT the true threat, he is a puppet and we might not find out who is pulling his strings until it is too late.
Here’s Bennett making that comment and Brazile telling him people aren’t interested in narrow issues like that.
Easy wealth & poor education?
>> Donna Brazile responded, “Bill, you want to have a conversation about narrow issues
I know prenatals are small, but I never heard them called narrow.
Barack Hussein Obama;: the most wickedly political man to ever be nominated candidate for the presidency.
Please FreepMail me if you want on or off my Pro-Life Ping List.
“Heres Bennett making that comment and Brazile telling him people arent interested in narrow issues like that.”
People think of the killing of babies as narrow issues? They aren’t interested?
Then we truly are doomed.
Forget the oil prices, and terrorism...if the issue of killing fully born infants is BORING to most people - then none of the other stuff really matters.
Compare that picture to his stance on torture.
“The secret authorization of brutal interrogations is an outrageous betrayal of our core values, and a grave danger to our security. We must do whatever it takes to track down and capture or kill terrorists, but torture is not a part of the answer - it is a fundamental part of the problem with this administration’s approach. Torture is how you create enemies, not how you defeat them. Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. Torture is how you set back America’s standing in the world, not how you strengthen it. It’s time to tell the world that America rejects torture without exception or equivocation. It’s time to stop telling the American people one thing in public while doing something else in the shadows. No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am president America will once again be the country that stands up to these deplorable tactics. When I am president we won’t work in secret to avoid honoring our laws and Constitution, we will be straight with the American people and true to our values,”
Yeah, we can’t get information out of terrorists (whose sole purpose is to destroy us all) but the littlest and youngest fellow citizens can be speared with scissors in the nape of the neck.....
Anything said against His Obamic Holiness is racial.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.