Skip to comments.IT'S NOT BECAUSE HE'S BLACK
Posted on 10/04/2008 8:27:09 AM PDT by Jeff Head
Recent main stream media and other pollsters have (again) played the "race card" (funny that the Obama campaign, the MSM, and the DNC are the only ones who seem to do this) by insinuating that the reason a fairly good number of democrats, particularly white democrats, may not support Barack Hussein Obama, is because he is black.
Apart from the assertion itself being racist, I beg to differ.
As a result of my fairly popular AUDACITY OF TRUTH and my SARAH PALIN TRUMPS OBAMA_BIDEN sites, I have spoken to many democrats via email, on forums, and some even by phone. Most of them are rather moderate, but some of them fairly staunch. A surprising number are not supporting Obama.
Not because "he is black".
Here, let me list the reasons I have been given via email and on forums such as the PUMA sites and others.
My experiences may not be "scientific" from a polling or demographic standpoint... but I question some of the so-called scientific polls that (when you push into their supporting data) use a fairly large disproportionate number of democrats vs republicans...and then when Obama is winning by 2-5% the results are trumpeted as some kind of "break through" for him.
- THE WAY MANY OF THEM FEEL THAT OBAMA, THE MSM, THE DNC, AND OTHERS TREATED HILLARY. They feel that Obama, the MSM, the DNC, NOW, etc. have shown their true colors and that their commitment to women and breaking through the glass ceiling is a sham.
- OBAMA'S TIES TO WRIGHT, AYERS, & REZKO. Many of them know intrinsically that these people, with whom Obama has willfully built his political career, are not friends of this Republic...even the more socialist republic some of them want to see instituted.
- OBAMA'S STATEMENTS ABOUT HOW HE WOULD HANDLE FOREIGN AFFAIRS HAVE DEEPLY TROUBLED SOME OF THEM. Many of these people, despite their liberal leanings, like Liberman for example, want America protected from and want to defeat the abject enemies of this nation.
- JOHN MCCAIN IS VIEWED AS A MAVERICK BY THESE PEOPLE WHO WILL REACH ACROSS THE AISLE TO THEM. They feel that McCain is an acceptable alternative in their desire to defeat Obama and set up Hillary for 2012.
- SARAH PALIN ON THE TICKET. This goes back to the first reason. Even though her views are in direct opposition to their own, and even though they see the threat she poses to Hillary in 2012 if a McCain-Palin ticket is elected, there is something about her home-spun, and in the face of Obama ways that a lot of these people like, and they are committed to their ideal of breaking the so-called glass ceiling.
Anyhow, based on my own experiences with people from all over the nation via my sites, I believe that McCain-Palin are very well situated to win, and potentially win bigger than the MSM, the pundits, and the DNC imagine.
...or, more likely, they do see it in their internal data and they fear it.
FYI...my latest on the race bating by the Obama campaign and the MSM.
Thanks for the optimistic ‘note’ here.
Why is McPain missing in action on this?
Is McCain a POW to politically correct, gentlemanly babble?
It’s because he’s RED.
Hey I agree with all of what you’re saying, but we have to remember McCain is not without his foibles (Keating) and that Obama has also reached across the aisle in his short time in office. Our best offense is also being able to prep for a good defense. Still gooo job on above
I believe it is accurate and that there is more to it than the DNC, Obama, and the MSM want to admit...that's why they are attacking it and lableing it racist...they want to marginalize it if they can.
But I think it is too late. The cat's out of the bag.
I believe that if people took a little time to find out what socialism is and thing look at McCain and Obama, they would see where Obama will take this country. Obama believes in sharing the wealth.....socialism. My biggest concern about him is who is controlling him. I look at his past associates and they all believe in communism. Is this what people really want for the US?
Give’em hell Jeff:-()
He has sold to his soul to Karl Marx and that makes him RED.
Many of the 527s are putting out good info on the connections Obama has to these virulaent anti-Americans as well.
You’re counting on the hope that the Obamamaniacs and ACORN haven’t already stolen this election. I’m afraid they may have.
As if this sort of browbeating by the MSM would change the vote of anyone who would vote against Obama strictly because of his appearance.
Anyone who is really racist doesn't give a rat's hindparts what anyone thinks of it, and probably has a few choice things to say about the media as well.
It most certainly is "because he's black".
If Barack Obama, son of a black Kenyan graduate student who left him as a child to be raised by a white American mother had been Barry Olsen, son of a white Swedish graduate student who left him as a child to be raised by a white American mother, .......
....... do you think the racist liberals would be giving the time of day to a first term U.S. Senator whose only prior experience was being a "community organizer" and a State Legislator with a habit of voting "Present"?
This is the dirties election ever.
It wreaks of corruption and voted fraud already.
McPain must STEP UP.
I don’t know if it amounts to a large percentage or not, but there are a significant number of Democrats who will not vote for 0Bama simply because he is black (if only half so.)
I know several who fit into this category and they’ve told me exactly that. They can’t vote for him because he’s black, They quickly add that they can’t vote for a Republican, so they’ll just not vote for president this time. They tell me they’re not alone; they know a lot of others just like them.
Are there enough of these people to swing the election? No clue. Too many unknown factors at this point in time.
On top of that, it is clear from his long-term, willful associations, and his positions that he is an abject marxist and therefore, RED.
I keep seeing them bring this up like they are really scared about it happening. Just a couple of days ago little Chrissy seemed so gleeful about the fake polls but then got serious and deadpanned to the guest on his show about the Bradley effect and if the polls really reflected what was actually gonna happen. Folks, they are worried about their polls, they too know that the reality is different.
We shall see. I believe they most certinly are trying to do so...but I also believe that numbers are lining up the other way to counter it. Hopefully, if we work our hearts out, and have faith, they will.