Skip to comments.Maryland Town Hall Meeting
Posted on 08/06/2009 9:31:37 PM PDT by HollyB
In August, I will hold town hall meetings in Hagerstown and in Towson. For planning purposes, because of the large number of people who are interested in attending, please RSVP. Space is limited at both venues so we cannot guarantee admittance. In accordance with fire regulations, when the venues are full, there will be no standing room available.
Monday, August 10th - 7 p.m. Towson University Center for the Arts Harold J. Kaplan Concert Hall Corner of Cross Campus and Osler Drives Towson, MD 21204
Parking is available across the street from the Center for the Arts on Auburn Drive off Osler Drive on Lot 13.
RSVP - email@example.com.
Can you help ping this to the DC Chapter folks. Thanks.
Screaminsunshine reporting from Tampa. Just back from the front lines. The trick they are using is to have a small venue where the crowd can not get in. We surrounded the building and gave em the what for. Our Commiewoman Kathy Castor had to beat a hasty retreat covered by Acorn and the Union. It was an absolute blast and a good time was had by all. I reccomend going at your first opportunity. You will feel so good. Honestly. I am exhilerated.
That was really good, thanks Dinah Lord!
That is great, please post pics if you are able too!
Also, heads up - THis may explain the venue situation:
from the ‘HCAN/Health Care for America Playbook for Thwarting Town Hall Protesters’
Page 4 f
“Choose a venue that is difficult for the opposition to access without being noticed. Get to your location early and make sure you set up the venue in a way that ensures that the attendees you want are at the front and that any protesters who come are sequestered as far as possible from the stage.
That was the game but we surrounded em. The Libs are in a total panic. Just GO SHOW THE COLORS MAN. These lame tricks won’t work. How bad of trouble can they be in to come up with such a stupid plan.
Maryland Freeper ping
''Well, that's mighty white of ya.''
Here is what they are going to try to do to silence you:
1) bring more people to events than we do;
2) arrive earlier than we do and sit up front to be very visible to cameras;
3) study venue staging ahead of time to plan strategy
4) be more visible than we are and situate their signs where cameras are;
5) assign 3-5 people to approach each reporter to shape the narrative;
6) interrupt us and refocus the meeting;
7) dont debate us and prep their side with questions;
8) repetition of their talking points is key to their strategy;
9) organize their own town hall meetings and choose a venue that is difficult for us to attend; put protesters in the back; make us submit questions and select the questions to be asked; collect all signs and leaflets that are not the ones they provided;
10) assign people to greet reporters and enter and leave the meeting with them to minimize the chances we will have to speak to the reporters.
Thanks - good list from the playbook
DC Chapter ping for another townhall meeting!
I had been looking for your report. Sounds like you had fun. I saw another report on your town hall on this forum last night.
This Freeper will be there as well and with camera/vids.
2,000!? I bet they were trembling in their hob-nailed boots. I am sure you observed that there isn’t much difference between SEIU and ACORN. Did you take any pictures?
Yes. I got one of the Fox news guy. A kid had a bunch of wallet sizr Obama Joker pics and was handing them out. He stuck one on the newsguys shirt and the reporter did not notice. He was making a report for his camera and had a Obama joker pic on his pocket. I got a shot of him. Too funny. I am having them developed today. There was a little old Lady with a giant yell 912 flag and I got a cool shot of her. They had a table set up with planned parenthood SEIU and Acorn bozos giving out Communist propaganda. I got a shot of them surrounded by the Regulars.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.