Posted on 08/21/2009 6:45:54 PM PDT by Sub-Driver
9 Trillion Reasons Health Care May Be Dead Drowned in red ink By ROBERT A. GEORGE Updated 9:30 PM EDT, Fri, Aug 21, 2009
As difficult as July was for Barack Obama, August has turned out far worse. Health care attacked on all sides. Town "hells." "Death panel" rhetoric -- bogus and unfair? Yes. Effective? You Betcha. Result: Spiraling poll numbers. Alas, the administration's own deficit projections leaked on Friday (to be officially released next week) could be the coup de grace for health care. And these are numbers that can't be ignored just because they'll becoming out in the waning summer dog days:
The Obama administration next week will release a new budget forecast projecting the deficit over the next ten years will reach approximately $9 trillion a significant jump from the $7 trillion deficit that officials had projected at the beginning of the year.
Nine trillion dollars -- an increase projection of $2 trillion in barely six months. Earlier this week, this year's deficit numbers were also released: The administration puts the figure at $1.58 trillion, while the Congressional Budget Office estimates it to be $1.825 trillion. The CBO figure is notable because the office's director helped put the health care plan into critical condition by saying that it wouldn't cut costs.
At a time when the economic crisis has made average citizens brutally aware of their own debts, this much red ink pouring down from the federal government is too incomprehensible to absorb. Thus explaining why there has been such a recoiling from health care. Putting aside all the left-right rhetorical overkill on the various plans, one thing comes through only too vividly -- the program's $1 trillion price tag (yep, there's that darn "T" word again).
(Excerpt) Read more at nbcphiladelphia.com ...
Health care isn't dying and never has been sick.
We have the greatest health care system available and it is systematically being destroyed politically via promotion to do so.
Why is that so hard for some to see?
Let’s stop using the word “trillion”. Like so many other things, with use the meaning of the word is completely lost.
Let’s start again...
Nine Thousand Billion reasons...
Somebody, please drive a stake through the heart of this monster.
It just may be that astronomical debt will save us from serfdom... I doubt that will be the final figure either.
The Cash for Clunkers bill has been a disaster - many dealers are going bankrupt over it. I know of one that is out ten million dollars. Every single one of his transactions, after being 'accepted' by the gov't, later came bak as 'rejected'.
The wording of the gov't online application was totally F'up. The dealer would fill out the ap with all the required info for the individual transaction per the gov't form and wait for approval or rejection. When the answer came back "accepted" - they made the deal, the buyer drove off in their new car, the trade in destroyed and then - WHAT? Another message from the gov't - on each and every application: "REJECTED"
Seems the gov't meant that only the application was 'accepted' - (should have read "application received" or "application pending"...but it said "accepted". Totally misleading. And I seriously wonder if it was a mistake.)
Now the gov't says it's shutting down the program way ahead of schedule - MONDAY...and any of the 'rejected' aps that have not been resent, will remain unpaid...this edict came out, what, just Thursday? I suspect the gov't offices wont be open to receive aps on the weekend. That means a lot of those reaps wont get done - no time.
The gov't says it's shutting down the program early because of it's great success. The real reason? the dealers shut it down. They stopped participating after they got all or most of their transactions rejected after the fact.
In the meantime, only about 2% of that 3 billion dollars is reported to have gone to the dealers. Who is going to demand the gov't open the books on this and account for all 3 million? The only thing the gov't got right on this program was the word "clunker" - this was sure a "clunker' of a bill -
as is the health care bill, or whatever they're calling it today. And we should trust them to run our health care ?
“Health care isn’t dying and never has been sick.”
EXACTLY! Why the rush to “reform”, from a guy who needed SIX MONTHS to choose a dog for his kids?! Who’s behind this guy? I’ll take a wild guess: COMMUNISTS!!!
Wait till they find out the dollar is worth only half of a dollar.
Nevermind, PRINT TWICE AS MUCH MONEY. PROBLEM SOLVED! /s
And this is BEFORE any Health nightmare reform Plan
Run a search on "Norman Mattoon Thomas" if you are not familiar with the name and perhaps enlightenment will be yours my FRiend.
At the zero’s current rate of spending and if the Rats were allowed to continue, they would pass
$9 trillion within 4 years.
“Pray to God this kills the health bill - AND the Cap & trade...”
They will not give up this easy. These Dem backed bills will not go away unless we the taxpayers/voters vote them out in 2010. The Dems policies are all about sleight of hand and smoke and mirrors to get their agenda passed. They may also hope that we get tired of fighting them and give some concessions just to shut us up i.e. the bi-partisan 6 who are negotiating behind closed doors on the NHC bill.
2010 is the get out the vote for people who love the US and the Constitution and who hate what this country has become in just 7 months. We must win in 2010 and then in 2012 until the Dems are the ones who are floundering and barely surviving to exist and must concede on what We the people want not the other way around.
and before cap and trade.
We have been taken over my friends!
It has been a night mare for health insurance agents everywhere!
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.