Skip to comments.Apocalypse When?
Posted on 09/09/2009 7:49:49 AM PDT by IbJensen
Six months into a stock-market rally, Wall Street apparently saw more good news last week when a Labor Department report showed employment had jumped to 9.7 percent in August. Exactly why Friday's news -- joblessness at a 26-year high -- produced a 97-point gain in the Dow Jones Industrial Average is a good question, but if the stock market were perfectly predictable, we'd all be rich.
Alas, we are all much poorer than we were two years ago. The Dow, which peaked above 14,000 points in October 2007, fell below 6,600 in early March -- a 53 percent decline in 17 months. Even with the summer rally that has taken the Dow back up to 9,400, the net loss of asset value still exceeds 30 percent.
It's not just fat cats who have suffered. Because of 401(k) accounts and other investment vehicles, stock ownership has never been more widespread, and millions of ordinary Americans were traumatized by the quarterly mutual-fund reports that detailed their losses to the penny. This pain was intensified by a meltdown in the housing market that undermined the very bedrock of middle-class financial security.
The full extent of the losses in asset value cannot be adequately estimated, if only because policy interventions by Washington -- including programmatic efforts to halt mortgage foreclosures -- have prevented the kind of market-clearing function that would tell us what things are really worth.
(Excerpt) Read more at spectator.org ...
this non-American, African-African, communist has no credibility in any area of governance.
I am coming to believe that supercomputer trading by the big boys — machines that buy and sell huge blocks of stocks in a tenth or hundredth of a second — means that the individual investor has been pushed completely out of the game.
I posted these posts on another thread:
whats your sense of the next 30-60 days?
Dr Pete Petersons video on ATS noted that he was told festivities would start in 2001. Hes been in his mountain safe-haven since 1997?
He is certainly well connected enough with the PTB having done and still doing projects for them.
As Ive thought all along, its a very complex situation and a complex decision tree/process.
And that doesnt even take into account Gods dinking with the destroyers plans and means.
NEVERTHELESS . . . FESTIVITIES WILL START at some point.
HOW CLOSE ARE WE TO THAT POINT?
It sure feels to me like the next 30-60 days are far more hazardous than ever before. All the more so vis a vis Israel and Iran.
Then there was the famous UFO researchers contention later denied that shed said suchthat the PTB were trying to hold things together until 2012.
Seems to me like 2010 Selection would prove to be far too problematic for them if they dont begin festivities before then and cancel it with martial law.
Anyones thoughts, impressions, conjectures?
re such . . .
Heres an interesting video . . .
Some prophetic sources are saying that Christians will begin to be hunted down within a year and a half world wide.
You wholesale discount the possibility of ‘jihadi’s’ getting larger bombs and getting them into the country.
1. It’s more or less acknowledged that the Russians have bombs in place in the USA already.
2. The globalists use everyone/are everyone at some levels.
3. IF the globalists could not do it any other way—THEY WOULD TAKE THE US’S NUKES OF WHATEVER SIZE IN THE USA AND TURN THEM OVER TO BLACK OPS OR JIHADI’S OR WHOMEVER THEY WISHED TO TAKE THE RAP OR APPEAR TO TAKE THE RAP. Didn’t you find the ‘misshipped’ nukes that some high ranking Air Force guys took the rap for (evidently somewhat wrongly) . . . at least a little interesting?
4. Containers have been pouring through our borders unchecked for a number of years. I think it’s doubtful they are all checked, still. EVEN IF A GIVEN CHECK POINT CHECKED ALL CONTAINERS . . . the globalists have the power and means to ‘turn the scanners off’ for a given container or a given shipload of containers.
5. BTW, I assume you do know and believe that globalists are NOT NICE??? Kennedy was their own to a point but got some uppity patriotic notions and they took him out in a flash.
6. I think OThuga has been set up as an idiot stooge to be the fall guy amidst or after a set of calamities.
7. The video I just posted a link to above had an interesting note—the guy claimed to have been told that festivities would begin 15 Sep 2009 and to get out of major cities before then. Recently I came across the claim that an 03 Army National Guard’s CO had told him to get all his relatives out of any major city before the last half of Oct.
8. The puzzle pieces have . . . changed in the last 3-6 months . . . significantly. What it means, I’m not certain of. I am certain it’s not window dressing.
9. imho, at last for Christians, it means—win the lost as rapidly and broadly as possible. BE REDEMPTIVE IN ALL RELATIONSHIPS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. REDEEM THE TIME. BE BRIGHT WISE EFFECTIVE LIGHTS FOR THE KING OF KINGS.
10. Look up, watch, be ready, OUR REDEMPTION DRAWS CLOSE. MARANATHA!
Instead, it's numbers and stuff.
If you are referring to the infamous suitcase bombs, those are so old as to be inoperable. That was, like, 30 years ago, and the Russkie guy who talked about them also noted that they required regular maintenance to remain viable.
I hope, anyway.
The globalist oligarchy is well able
—black ops folks
—etc. etc. etc. yada yada yada . . . though truly . . .
to insure that whatever nukes they even MIGHT WANT to use are well maintained . . . and upgraded.
NOT a problem for them . . . certainly not a huge problem for them.
Just realize that
to whatever degree there’s any competence in Russia,
THE GLOBALIST MASTERS ARE IN CHARGE OF THOSE FOLKS, TOO.
He was bankrupt the day his slug mummy pushed him out from under the rock.
We are racing to the point where
(certainly any apart from God)
will be diminishing dramatically until after Armageddon.
Stock prices - and the averages that are derived from them - can increase for several different reasons, and some can be very BAD news for investors.
First the good news - positive changes in the fundamental value of the specific enterprise, such as new products or services to sell, new markets being opened or created, or new sources of raw materials at lower prices are all GOOD.
However, stock prices can also rise disproportionately due to speculative bubbles, particularly bubbles created by government meddling in the free marketplace. These distortions are generally confined to specific firms or business sectors, which tends to limit the damage.
But the most insidious cause for increasing stock prices is general inflation of the currency, because while the dollar value of your investment appears to increase, its REAL value might be languishing or declining, even before you dispose of the asset and have to pay REAL “capital gain” taxes on a LOSS of value!
“The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them
and will celebrate by sending each other gifts...”
(Sounds like a party!)
Read to the end of the chapter, and to the end of the next chapter and the end of the book.
THAT party will be shortlived.
INDEED! INDEED! INDEEd!
THAT party will never end.
Even an EMT device.. or devices..
Which is more likely..
Could be they are already here.. and are being used for intimidation of Congressmen.. NOW... or will be..
Though I think the Senate, at least, has been on a very short globalist leash for a long time.