Okay....its reasonable for the Bishop to do this according to the tenets of the faith. But it seems a bit hypocritical as Patrick’s father, Ted, held these positions in congress:
* Voted NO on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
* Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)
* Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
* Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
* Voted YES on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
* Voted NO on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
* Voted NO on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
* Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
* Voted NO on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
* Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
* Sponsored bill for emergency contraception for rape victims. (Sep 2006)
* Rated 0% by the NRLC, indicating a pro-choice stance. (Dec 2006)
* Ensure access to and funding for contraception. (Feb 2007)
* Focus on preventing pregnancy, plus emergency contraception. (Jan 2009)
Not only the Church presided over a Whopping Funeral Mass to send this reprobate to heaven.
Bishop Tobin is not the Archbishop of Boston.
Ted Kennedy and Kerry from Massachuetts would be subject to the authority of the Boston Archbishop and not Bishop Tobin from Rhode Island.
On the other hand, Patrick Kennedy is being called to account for his present rejection of, and public activity against, church doctrine.
Thank you Bishop Tobin.
The Archdiocese of Boston, not the Church, was involved in that circus masquerading as a funeral Mass. Whether or not Ted Kennedy spends eternity in hell or heaven is the providence of Almighty God and that judgment was made at the moment of death, just as Scripture teaches. Your comprehension of Catholicism and Sacred Scripture leaves a lot to be desired.
unfortunately, this bishop is in another state and diocese than the one deadTed frequented. looks like this bishop was not a fan of deadTed and wants to save patrick.