Skip to comments.Talk show host responds to Rep. Steny Hoyer
Posted on 04/16/2010 6:58:47 AM PDT by From The Deer Stand
Chris Baker, the Twin Cities radio talk show host that Steny Hoyer blasted for speaking his piece, has responded to the Congressman on the KTLK web site. Here's what he had to say:
Congressman Steny Hoyer;
Since you decided to single me out personally over comments I made at the Michele Bachmann-Sarah Palin rally in Minneapolis, I feel it is necessary to respond and in the spirit of tolerance and diversity, help you understand.
You see Steny, it is not the words of a private citizen or Radio Talk Host that in your words; creates an atmosphere and a debate that is neither constructive and can sometimes be dangerous," its your own arrogance and obvious distain for Americans who have grown tired of the failed theories of the political elite that causes your perceived danger.
You say my comments dont help a constructive debate, but there is no constructive debate because you refuse to let us in. Most of you elites (who we disagree with) hide from us or send us form letters when we write. When we do get to actually talk to you, we get talking points and vague rambling answers. When we stand in protest, you call us racist, crazy, stupid and unhinged instead of listening. You never tell us where we are wrong; you just say we are evil. It is obvious that you and the rest of your comrades hold us in contempt because we dont submit to your will.
Whether you realize it or not, you are out of touch with the American citizen. You see we average citizens have actual jobs where we are held accountable for our performance. We have things like deadlines, performance standards to meet and a boss that holds us accountable. When we dont meet those standards we lose those jobs. Youve never actually had a job, so Ill cut you a little slack on your lack of understanding.
Im sure you may say that being a congressman is your job, but I would ask; what does your job create? My jobs (I have two) create customers for our advertisers which create revenue, which allows business owners to hire workers. You see my job actually creates and helps others secure jobs. Your job creates nothing tangible, just endless, useless bloviating and posturing which leads to empty promises to fix the problems created by elites like you.
You and the rest of Washington have lost the trust of the American people. Weve watched you scream about the horror of deem and pass until your head looked like a giant red tomato with bulging veins, then happily threaten to use the same tactic to govern against the will of the American people. Out here among the citizenry we call that hypocrisy and just flat out dishonest. Putting it simply, you are a liar.
Just because we didnt all go to Georgetown, or any of the "elite" schools, it doesnt mean we are stupid. We know a bully when we see one. We know a fool when we see one and we know a tyrant when we see one. We especially know right from wrong.
Instead of looking down your nose at us you should listen. We only want to pass on the same freedom we have enjoyed to our children. We want our children to know that they can be anything they want in life if they are willing to put in the work. We want our kids to know that there is no limit to what you can achieve, as long as you have the freedom to do so. We want the same for our neighbors and fellow citizens and we dont care what demographic they fit in.
You see, we are about freedom, and you are about control. You dont want to govern, you want to rule.
All this danger you speak of didnt come from me or Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin or anyone else that makes your political hit list. You brought it on yourself. It is your actions, your words and your motives that brought on this climate. This didnt start with the election of President Obama, its been brewing for years.
The U.S. has a great playbook for success and prosperity for all. It has three simple plays; individual freedom, economic liberty and adherence to the rule of law. We want to preserve this for our children and our childrens children.
You and I share one thing in common and that is that our paths in life opens us up to criticism and ridicule. It can be annoying and frustrating but it can also be deserved. When it is deserved we have to be man enough to own it.
Its the opposite of a break-up with a girlfriend (or boyfriend, or significant other, domestic life partner, or whatever pc speak you like), its not me, its you.
Hope this helps.
Love in Christ,
P.S. I really want to play golf with Bill Clinton. I just know it would be a hoot. Could you hook me up with that?
And for the record - the Democrats ARE lying, thieving Commie scum!
You could throw a few of the republicans in with them too.
“disdain” friend — you mean disdain (not distain).
Hey Chris... are you sure? Clinton cheats at golf too....
This guy also hosts a show on 950 here in Houston. Conservative, ex-stand-up comic. Very funny guy, and pretty sharp. Met him around town a time or two.
Give ‘em hell, Chris.
From the Houston 950am Website ...
“So who are you, Chris Baker ... and why are you on my radio station?
Let me give you the basics:
- I am an independent conservative with 3 small children and a wife who I love more than anything I could have ever imagine.
- I see politicians as nothing more than puppets and gangsters and that is regardless of party.
- I believe in the concept of the individual. We are all individuals to start and we join groups as we grow but it is the concept and acknowledgment that we are individuals that is supposed to keep us on the right path. When our group goes down the wrong path then it is up to us as individuals to make a decision as an individual to leave the group and walk a path of righteousness.
- I believe in killing terrorist before they kill someone I love.
- I believe that illegal immigration will destroy this country and that supporters of illegal immigration have no argument, they can’t honestly debate because their entire position is based on a lie.
- Global warming is a scam. Anyone who thinks that we can control nature is delusional.
- Talk radio is my job and my dream come true. Talk radio is one of many entertainment mediums. It’s the most important entertainment medium because it is the only real time, interactive medium where politicians are held accountable for their actions. It’s the only medium where the people who really make America work (you) gather to exchange ideas and opinions. Where they find out they are not alone in their beliefs, get some information and have a laugh at themselves and their neighbors. It’s where true free speech is exercised on a daily basis.”
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.