Skip to comments.Obama Orders DOJ To Challenge Ariz. Immigration Law
Posted on 04/26/2010 10:53:19 AM PDT by Seńor Zorro
click here to read article
This wouldn't have anything to do with cutting into the Democratic Party's base, now would it?
Proof positive that we have enemies within.
He may have a hard time with this:
Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(b)(iii)
State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior INS knowledge or approval, as long as they are authorized to do so by state law. There is no extant federal limitation on this authority. The 1996 immigration control legislation passed by Congress was intended to encourage states and local agencies to participate in the process of enforcing federal immigration laws. Immigration officers and local law enforcement officers may detain an individual for a brief warrantless interrogation where circumstances create a reasonable suspicion that the individual is illegally present in the U.S. Specific facts constituting a reasonable suspicion include evasive, nervous, or erratic behavior; dress or speech indicating foreign citizenship; and presence in an area known to contain a concentration of illegal aliens.
The DOJ can’t be bothered to answer about the Black Panthers and ignores subpeonas from the Senate Judiciary Committee, but can challenge a state creating a bill to enforce federal laws already in force.
Up is down, down is up, blah blah blah
How could it be racism if 85% of your population is Mexican? It would be racism if the police only pulled over the other 15%.
He doesn't know about the Constitution, I don't care what he claimed his area of expertise.
Welcome to the Constitutional Crisis
Maybe a judge will rule against the feds and require them to enforce the law, else ElBama pays the damages.
Well, we knew this would happen.
I think it’s funny that he’s being hit from all sides — this, the prospect of a Republican majority in one or both houses of Congress, the lawsuits over health care reform, the Blago subpoenas, etc. There are even a number of kool-aid drinkers who voted for him, but now are dissatisfied with him. The more fronts he has to fight in, the less successful he will be.
Funny. The Feds didn't make that argument when certain US cities declaired themselves "sanctuary cities" ten years ago or so. I guess you can only pre-empt federal law in pursuit of a "progressive cause?"
Why doesn’t the DOJ, now that they are involved, explain to Obama that he is thereby killing American employment and most affected is that neo marxists’ black side. And then talk about importing their dirt, illiteracy , poverty and crime?
SEE if that jackass in charge of DOJ can Arizona has a valid concern as they are on the front line...
It’s not that Obama doesn’t know about the Constitution — he doesn’t CARE ABOUT the Constitution. That’s what’s frightening.
Mexicans are not a race, they are an ethnic group. Hispanic is a language group, not a race. Therefore, unless one can identify the race (there are three, four if you are politically correct), there can be no racism when discussing this matter.
selective rage....ask Clarence Thomas about it.
Well, his Aunt would have to go back to Kenya if she visited Phoenix, that´s HIS problem.
Alternatively, the more his willingness to take ‘the ship’ down with him & his handlers — if necessary — becomes apparent.
They’re battening down the hatches. “If they bring a knife, we’ll bring a gun,” remember?
That or (as I understand from reading another article) that AZ is only formalizing federal laws now in effect. If that is true they can not be violating any law or statutes passed by Congress and not held unconstitutional by the USSC.
Understood, but they are calling it racism so that means it must be addressed as such. If this is what they want, what else are you going to do?