Skip to comments.Feds Accidentally Seize 84,000 Innocent Domains, Link Them With Child Porn
Posted on 02/18/2011 9:35:19 AM PST by Lucky9teen
Imagine you're a respectable, law-abiding owner of a small business. You show up to your shop one morning, only to find the doors barred and a big sign in front window reading, "The federal government has seized this business as it's affiliated with creating, distributing, and/or storing child pornography."
Worse yet, imagine that every other business on the block was similarly locked up and had the same damning explanation on their front window. And even once the confusion was cleared up with the feds, it took a few days more to get all the signs down and all of the businesses up and running again.
The Internet equivalent of that scenario transpired over the weekend, according to reports, in a disturbing case of the federal government either grossly abusing its power or wielding it very clumsily.
As part of the successful seizure of 10 Web domains suspected of storing, displaying, or peddling child pornography, the Department of Justice and Homeland Security's ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) office also seized a domain called mooo.com, the most popular shared domain at afraid.org, which belongs to a DNS provider called FreeDNS.
(Excerpt) Read more at pcworld.com ...
This is why the government should quit interfering with the internet.
The Keystone Kops were better.
It’s for the children and those who protest will get additional attention from Big Sis. The state is father. the state is mother and the state is never wrong. Do I need a sarcasm tag?
Our government has turned into a huge expensive mess. The right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. The incompetence is mind boggling. The programs are to big and blotted, and there is little to no accountability. They just keep dipping their greedy hands back into our pockets for more money. I truly feel like I am being abused and punished every time I pay my taxes now.
Idiots!!Get rid of these morons vote every democrat out of Washington and make sure to vote the worse one and that is BHO..They won’t get rid of the criminals or clean up our borders so they have to go out and pray on the citizens of this country..
Her predecessor and roll model incinerated kids for their own good at Waco.
Imagine these clowns managing our health care.
84,000 patients given the wrong medication!
84,000 patients have wrong limbs amputated!
Congress should require all non-emergency internet warrants to go through an internet-literate judge, and I mean one who can foresee the consequences of these kinds of errors and who can ask the occifers some very uncomfortable questions.
I don't see why there is any lack of clarity here. The entire domain containing the 84,000 websites was seized because a bunch of federal government Barney Fifes are running around without any oversight or responsibility for their actions. They are being legitimized by Judges that in all likelihood do not have a clue what they are looking at when presented "evidence" if in fact any "evidence" was presented at all!
Did anyone involved really believe that eighty four THOUSAND websites in a single domain were ALL hosting porn? Every single one? REALLY?
That is like surrounding the entire town of Whittier, a suburb of Los Angeles and arresting every man, woman and child because one person is suspected of a crime.
Although absolutely nothing will be done to any of the feds involved in this c*****r f**k they should at the least be laughed right out of their offices and into the street with permanent rehire bans from any further government employment.
Anyone care to wager that a similar ‘mistake’ will happen to this site just before an election or just as a scandal breaks?
The next President can be elected with this simple promise:
“I will overturn 95% of the bills, regulations, appointments, and executive orders, put in place by Obama, and severely scrutinize the other 5%!”
It’s not an ‘accident’ it’s a case of gross malfeasance/misfeasance.
I’ve seen pictures on here. I don’t know how to post them but I’ve seen them.
< img src=”Image_URL”>
without the space between the ‘<’ and the “img.”
This is what comes from allowing the government to have too much power. Government power needs to be reduced, not expanded.
You can post pics here by using html code.
Look up “img src code” because it won't show up here if I post it.