Skip to comments.(LIVE THREAD!) Republican Presidential Debate #5 - Sep. 12, 2011 8pm/5pm: Tampa, FL (CNN)
Posted on 09/12/2011 7:14:30 AM PDT by newzjunkey
Broadcast on: CNN
Broadcast time: 8pm EDT/5pm PDT
Bachmann is serving her 3rd full term in the U.S. House. Founder of the House Tea Party Caucus, she earned a Master of Laws degree, worked as a tax attorney, and was a foster mother for 23 teenagers. She is a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
Cain is the former chief executive of Godfather's Pizza and former chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City. He lost the Georgia Republican primary for a U.S. Senate seat in 2004. He was recently the host of Atlanta-based radio show.
Gingrich served as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999. He represented Georgia's 6th congressional district as a Republican member from 1979 to 1999. He has a PhD in modern European history.
Huntsman was Utah Governor, former ambassador to China under Barack Obama.
Paul is serving his 11th full term in the U.S. House. Hes an ob-gyn and was Libertarian nominee for president in 1988. He unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for president in 2008
Perry is the three term governor of Texas, from 2000 to current. He is a retired Air Force captain for former farmer. He has a degree in animal science.
Romney was governor of Massachusetts (2003 to 2007) and former CEO of Bain Capital, a private equity investment firm. He unsuccessfully sought the Republican 2008 nomination for president. He has an MBA (Harvard) and JD (Harvard Law).
Santorum served two terms in the U.S. House and two terms in the U.S. Senate. He became the Senate's third-ranking Republican in 2001. He was defeated for reelection in 2006.
I predict Newt will make the most interesting, and intelligent statement in the joint press confernce they call a debate.
Good grief! They’re introducing the the candidates like they’re American Idol contestants.
The stage looks so much better than the MSNBC one did with all that red!
ONly reason Im wwatching the debate is to see Newt blast Wolf Blitzed, like he did the moderators in the other debates.
It will be 8:30 by the time this starts. First that video, then Woof Bitcher blabbing away and now the candidates walking out one by one.
Well here we go folks
Sort of wasting time.
The candidates could have already been on stage, brief intro, then questions.
Parading them is just needless theatrics.
Reminded me of the Iron Chef intro!! Good grief!!
Bachmann’s hair looks better tonight. That’s a...relief.
Michelle gives Romney a smooch.
Hermann got the most applause!
Romney smooches Bachmann. GAG.
Bachmann smooches Romney?
More like the WWE.
I thought it was unintentionally hilarious. For those who didn't see, there was a brief intro of each candidate followed by a CNN appointed nickname, like Michelle Bachman...The Firebrand, or Herman Cain...The Businessman, etc.
Yikes!! Michele planted a kiss on Mitt!!!
Worth reposing Lazamataz’s list from the other day. I’m still LMAO!
I just got an advance leak of the questions Wolf will be asking:
1. Tea Party members are as racist as the KKK. Can you elaborate on why that is?
2. It’s obvious that the only objection to Obama is the fact that he’s colored. Can you explain this phenomenon?
3. Can you tell us why you substitute the words “Respecting the Constitution” for “Crushing Minorities and Women”, when it is is obvious you mean the latter?
4. Capitalism is another method used to oppress minorities. Would you like to expound on why Communism is vastly superior to Capitalism in every way?
5. U mad bro? Y u mad?
6. Obama single-handedly saved our economy. Would you like to expound on how you would even get CLOSE to his greatness?
7. Why are you such haters in the Tea Party? Haven’t you ever sought therapeutic treatment for your deranged hate?
8. The Teamsters have recently said that they intend to line up in squads and start killing Tea Party members. Why do you, in the Tea Party, motivate (and thusly cause) this violence? Have you no shame at all?
(wrestling fan here) Hit the nail on the head, I was thinking the same thing...
She must want to be his VP, REALLY REALLY bad! (puke)
Bachmann got perhaps the loudest applause as she walked out and stood by Romney. . . then they kissed.