Skip to comments.
Labrador Calls for Resignation of Attorney General Holder Over "Fast and Furious" Testimony...
U.S. House of Representatives ^
| October 06, 2011
Posted on 10/07/2011 3:04:25 PM PDT by neverdem
Labrador Calls for Resignation of Attorney General Holder Over "Fast and Furious" Testimony Discrepancies
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, Idaho First Congressional District Congressman Raúl R. Labrador called for the resignation of United States Attorney General Eric Holder after evidence of discrepancies in his previous testimony before the House Committee on the Judiciary was brought to light by a national media outlet.
Mr. Labrador has been critical of potential abuses of the Bureau of Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BAFTE) since his March 17, 2011 letter to Oversight Chairman Darrel Issa urging his committee to conduct in-depth investigations into allegations of weapons being sold, with federal government complicity, to Mexican cartels. Over 1,500 such weapons remain unaccounted for and already one was found at the scene of the death of an American law enforcement officer.
Labrador stated, “I first learned about Fast and Furious early this year from several of my constituents. I then asked Chairman Issa to hold hearings on the topic. As I attended the hearings and reviewed the evidence, I was careful to not jump to any conclusions about the extent of Mr. Holder’s involvement. However, the recently published documents that directly link Mr. Holder to Fast and Furious have convinced me that he is either lying or grossly incompetent.”
Rep. Labrador continued, “The Attorney General of the United States has an obligation to provide truthful and accurate testimony to Congress. When Attorney General Eric Holder testified before Congress on May 3, his statements were either untrue or deliberately misleading. It is clear from recently-released documents that Mr. Holder did in fact know about Fast and Furious well before he publicly admitted. Attorney General Holder has a troubling pattern of failed cooperation with the legislative branch. Because of this intentional stonewalling and his misleading testimony, I now call for Mr. Holder’s resignation. It is clear he has not been honest about the extent of his involvement with the failed Fast and Furious program and should not be entrusted with managing the Department of Justice.“
“He cannot avoid responsibility for his involvement with a government program that directly led to the tragic death of a decorated U.S. Border Patrol agent. As our nation’s top enforcer of the principles of law and justice, Mr. Holder has lost all credibility and should step down immediately. The question now is if Mr. Holder is he only protecting himself or is he also protecting others - perhaps all the way to the top of the administration,” Labrador concluded.
Documents linking Eric Holder to Fast and Furious can be seen at CBS News http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-201
Key Facts about Fast and Furious from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform’s Joint Staff Report (full report available online) http://oversight.house.gov/images/stories/Reports/ATF_Report.pdf:
• ATF agents are trained to “follow the gun” and interdict weapons whenever possible.
• Operation Fast and Furious required agents to abandon this training.
• ATF agents complained about the strategy of allowing guns to walk in Operation Fast and Furious. Leadership ignored their concerns. Instead, supervisors told the agents to “get with the program” because senior ATF officials had sanctioned the operation.
• Agents knew that given the large numbers of weapons being trafficked to Mexico, tragic results were a near certainty.
• Agents expected to interdict weapons, yet were told to stand down and “just surveil.” Agents therefore did not act. They watched straw purchasers buy hundreds of weapons illegally and transfer those weapons to unknown third parties and stash houses.
• Jaime Avila was entered as a suspect in the investigation by ATF on November 25, 2009, after purchasing weapons alongside Uriel Patino, who had been identified as a suspect in October 2009. Over the next month and a half, Avila purchased 13 more weapons, each recorded by the ATF in its database within days of the purchase. Then on January 16, 2010, Avila purchased three AK-47 style rifles, two of which ended up being found at the murder scene of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry. The death of Border Agent Brian Terry was likely a preventable tragedy.
• Phoenix ATF Special Agent in Charge (SAC) William Newell’s statement that the indictments represent the take-down of a firearms trafficking ring from top to bottom, and his statement that ATF never allowed guns to walk are incredible, false, and a source of much frustration to the agents. Despite mounting evidence to the contrary, DOJ continues to deny that Operation Fast and Furious was ill-conceived and had deadly consequences
TOPICS: Crime/Corruption; Front Page News; Mexico; Politics/Elections
KEYWORDS: atf; banglist; castaway; cia; dea; dhs; doj; fastandfurious; fbi; gunrunner; gunwalker; holder; ice; labrador; obama; raullabrador; resignation
Prior post omitted the links.
posted on 10/07/2011 3:04:31 PM PDT
Drip, drip, drip...
posted on 10/07/2011 3:06:34 PM PDT
by M Kehoe
posted on 10/07/2011 3:07:59 PM PDT
posted on 10/07/2011 3:11:32 PM PDT
(2012They vote twice we'll vote three times.)
Labrador Calls for Resignation of Attorney General Holder Over “Fast and Furious” Testimony...
Nova Scotia could not be reached for comment
posted on 10/07/2011 3:11:54 PM PDT
("an armed society is a polite society" Robert A. Heinlein)
posted on 10/07/2011 3:13:25 PM PDT
(ruling class dem + rino progressives -- destroying america for 150 years.)
posted on 10/07/2011 3:17:33 PM PDT
by william clark
To: Vaquero; neverdem
Labrador Calls for Resignation of Attorney General Holder Over Fast and Furious Testimony...
DRIP, DRIP, DRIP...
Should Holder resign, can he still be prosecuted?
posted on 10/07/2011 3:20:24 PM PDT
(Liberalism is Satan's handiwork.)
Walt Minnick’s replacement. It’s a good thing.
posted on 10/07/2011 3:30:14 PM PDT
(Income != Wealth)
“Woof!” he said. The Dog Whisperer interpreted.
The arrogance of this man cannot be overstated. For him to declare that he knew nothing of an operation that had INTERNATIONAL ramifications is a damnable lie. He must not wriggle out of this.
As a dog returns to its vomit— so Eric Holder returns to LIES told.
posted on 10/07/2011 3:46:21 PM PDT
To: USS Alaska
The ‘toon reminds me of one I have where the artist drew a fire hydrant, and wrote This is aboat; Next frame he drew a duck -this is a tree; last frame This is a marriage. two guys in suits holding a Ca Marriage Licence and a bridal boquet.
posted on 10/07/2011 3:54:01 PM PDT
I heard it was this guy:
Just kidding! Here's Labrador:
posted on 10/07/2011 4:54:51 PM PDT
(Obama is the least qualified guy in whatever room he walks into.)
He directed the criminal activity. Resigning doesn’t change who committed the crime. His replacement wouldn’t inherit criminal responsibility upon taking office unless previously involved. Holder owns this.
posted on 10/07/2011 5:10:56 PM PDT
Free Republic needs monthly donors
Every time a Freeper or Lurker signs up to be a New Monthly Donor
A generous Freeper donates $10!!
Please sign up now!
posted on 10/07/2011 5:19:41 PM PDT
(Forward With Confidence!)
I sure hope so. Would be a miracle.
posted on 10/07/2011 6:08:42 PM PDT
(2012They vote twice we'll vote three times.)
Will Prince Edward island be nex...oh, I see.
posted on 10/07/2011 6:53:46 PM PDT
(Read Hazlitt's "Economics In One Lesson.")
To: wardaddy; Joe Brower; Cannoneer No. 4; Criminal Number 18F; Dan from Michigan; Eaker; Jeff Head; ...
posted on 10/07/2011 7:31:32 PM PDT
(Xin loi minh oi)
agrees with this Labrador.
(woof) "Holder Must Go!" (woof)
posted on 10/08/2011 4:08:38 AM PDT
(Yo Hoffa, so you want to 'take out conservatives'. Well okay Jr - I'm your Huckleberry)
My German Shep & Golden mix (rescues .. ie they just showed up in my yard 5 years ago) completely concur.
Who let the dogs out? anyone with common sense if the dogs attach O ilk
posted on 10/08/2011 4:15:07 AM PDT
(Don't tell God how big your storm is... tell your storm how BIG your God is!)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson