Skip to comments.OFFICIAL AFGHAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE - NATO agrees to allow prosecution of Koran burners!
Posted on 02/26/2012 10:14:13 PM PST by Crazieman
Joint Statement by the Delegations Assigned to Probe Bagram Incident
Saturday, 25 February 2012 09:02
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate
Following the insulting and shameful act of burning Quran in Bagram airbase that injured the religious sentiments of the Islamic world and particularly of the Afghan Muslim nation, two delegations comprising of representatives from government, the National Council of Ulemma and the National Assembly were assigned and dispatched to investigate the circumstances and causes that have led to the inhumane incident.
The delegations, while deeply touched by the religious sentiments shown by the Afghan Muslim and Mujahid nation, inform our citizens of the following:
1. In view of the particular security situation in the country, we call on all our Muslim citizens of Afghanistan to exercise self-restraint and extra vigilance in dealing with the issue and avoid resorting to protests and demonstrations that may provide ground for the enemy to take advantage of the situation.
2. After the shameful incident by the US soldiers stationed in Bagram, senior NATO and American officials expressed their deep apologies to the Muslim nation of Afghanistan and assured that such incidents will not happen again.
3. NATO officials promised to meet Afghan nations demand of bringing to justice, through an open trial, those responsible for the incident and it was agreed that the perpetrators of the crime be brought to justice as soon as possible.
4. The assigned delegations demand from the government of Afghanistan to take over from the Americans the authority of the Bagram prison so no such incidents can recur and calls on the US government to fully and comprehensively cooperate to this end.
5. The delegations also want from the Afghan government to formally praise those brave Afghan army soldiers and all others who showed feelings against the disrespectful act by preventing more religious books and Quran copies from burning, so that the pure Muslim sentiments of our honored Mujahid nation can remain alive.
"...who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men, have assumed dominion over the faith of others, setting up their own opinions and modes of thinking as the only true and infallible, and as such endeavoring to impose them on others, hath established and maintained false religions over the greatest part of the world, and through all time;...that it is time enough for the rightful purposes of civil government, for its officers to interfere when principles break out into overt acts against peace and good order; and finally, that truth is great and will prevail if left to herself, that she is the proper and sufficient antagonist to error, and has nothing to fear from the conflict, unless by human interposition disarmed of her natural weapons, free argument and debate, errors ceasing to be dangerous when it is permitted freely to contradict them. ""I HAVE SWORN UPON THE ALTAR OF GOD ETERNAL HOSTILITY TO EVERY FORM OF TYRANNY OVER THE MIND OF MAN"--The Virginia Act For Establishing Religious Freedom
--Thomas Jefferson, 1786
Beyond belief that the US would agree to this!
On the other hand, with Obama as president, such things should not surprise us.
What would Ronald Reagan do compared to this nit we’ve got now?
What exactly are the guys who burned the Korans going to be charged with?
Unbelievable. Looks like something that Borat or “The Dictator”
would have written in a mock Hollywood production.
The current Status of Forces Agreement forbids this !!!!
If this is allowed to go forward U.S. Forces ANYWHERE in the world are at risk !!!!!
OFFICIAL AFGHAN GOVERNMENT WEBSITE - NATO agrees to allow persecution of Koran burners!
There, now it makes more sense.
Gotta hand it to the Afghanis. They are masters of black humor.
What's the difference?
Oh that's right one is burning paper and the other is killing babies
What about the Muslims who “desecrated” the Korans by writing in them? Will they be prosecuted as well?
NO F-ing way, NATO! NO F-ing WAY IN HELL!
NATO writes the rules of engagement, which is why the ‘war’ will never be won by America.
When you see a headline that said NATO troops killed, they mean AMERICANS.
Germany is calling the shots using American soldiers to promote the EU agenda with NATO.
Corruption, corruption, corruption is killing Americans in Afghanistan.
Screw NATO. Pure BS.
They’ll be charged under the clean air act, for failing to gain the proper burn authorization, neglecting to file the proper environmental impact report, and disturbing the religious freedom of people bent on killing us.
I suspect the Afghan Gov’t is simply engaging in a PR exercise with their local population.
Certainly, one can never trust anything they say anyway, and this is likely included.
Has it become the 7th century again? UnFreakin’Real!