Phony? It was under $2 bucks before he was elected.
Gas was $2.50 when he became Community Organizer-In-Chief.Whe he leaves office in 11 months it’s expected to be $5.
Good. Keep poking the bastard about the price of oil - his responding means it works.
Obama is the candidate who in 2008 said he was OKAY with $4 a gallon gas prices in America.
His energy czar is giving the country the screwing that these Lefties in charge WANT.
The public should wake up. Especially that ditzy broad who proclaimed she was so happy that Barack was elected because now she won’t have to pay to fill her gas tank.
Are you better off now than you were four years ago when gas was less than $2 a gallon?
Reaaly? Maybe he should look at what oil producing countries pump prices are. What an o hole. That was not a type o.
“”Tell them we’re tired of hearing phony election-year promises that never come about.”
How in the heck does he say that with a straight face?
Drill more, refine more, have more, sell more. Too tough for the rookie Hussein to figure out.
Sure sure... And we'll do the same next time you promise to cut the budget in half while doubling it!
Barry and the ‘RATS have given up on ever lowering the price of gas. Like Slick Willie would say, “Just lay back and enjoy it”. We’ve got quitters running the country now. Drilling for oil and building refineries is something that is too tough for Americans to do these days. We’re all “texters” and “tweeters” now.
...like closing "Gitmo" within a year of taking office?
Sub-$2 gas should be referred to as “Pre-Obama gas prices.”
historical gas-price chart:
1. We have more coal than any nation.
2. We have more surface mine able shale oil than any nation.
3. We have more drill able shale oil (oil wells) than any nation.
4. We have more shale gas than any nation.
5. Our coal reserves (200 years worth) can also be converted into liquid fuels for trains, planes, automobiles etc.
6. In 200 years we will have more efficient means of energy production and available carbon based energy is sufficient to get us there.
7. The price of energy in the United States is a function of the government not allowing the use and extraction of our abundant energy supplies. North America has more energy supplies than the rest of the known world energy supplies combined.
8. If CO2 will cause catastrophic global warming we are screwed if the United States does not put one more molecule of CO2 into the air starting tomorrow. The reason for this is China has now passed the United States as the number one producer of CO2 in the world due to their use of coal burning power plants. China is also bringing on new power plants powered by coal as fast as they can build them.
China's real crime is not the CO2 they are putting into the air but the fact that their coal fired plants are very dirty as compared to our clean burning plants in North America and Europe. Their power plants put a lot of bad stuff in the air. Fortunately it is mostly local and does not affect the world as a whole.
9. Catastrophic global warming is a fraud and the science behind it is not grounded in the basic precepts of scientific research. The global warming thesis was exactly that, a thesis that has metamorphosed into a political movement that is devoid of scientific method.
10. The price of energy in the United States and the rest of the world is dictated not by energy supply but by political decisions that restrict the publics access to the true free market price of energy because the USA and many other governments restrict the access to known energy supplies and prevents their development.
Today President Obama said, "the United States uses about 20% of the worlds production of oil." That is a true statement. He also said that we produce only 2% of the worlds production. The world produces approximately 87 million barrels of oil per day. The United States produces approximately 8 million barrels of oil per day. That is 9% of the worlds oil production not 2%. The USA consumes approximately 19 million barrels of oil per day which is approximately 22% of the worlds production. The statements that Obama made today are off by 450% relative to our consumption and his stated production of 2%.
Thus I offer the following statement for analysis, "Obamas advisers on energy are either idiots, mathematically challenged or liars." However there is a second option to consider, his advisers are not idiots as attested to the fact that the head of the Department of Energy is led by a Nobel Laureate. I must assume that a Noble Laureate in physics can use a calculator and would never give his president bad calculations. Therefor the only conclusion is the President of the United States is serial Liar and devoid of honesty.