Skip to comments.The Real Romney
Posted on 04/29/2012 4:25:34 PM PDT by SoConPubbie
The Daily Caller reports a huge 200-page research document has hit the internet, and it reveals Mitt Romney utterly and damningly for the flip-flopping opportunistic liberal that he is.
The paper was compiled during the 2008 presidential race and is believed to be from the McCain campaign (not the most conservative source itself). Among some of the interesting tidbits that blow a hole in his claims about being pro-life, pro-marriage, and generally conservative:
Romney says he changed his mind on abortion meeting with Harvard stem cell researcher - Romney claims the doctor said scientists "kill" embryos after 14 days, but doctor later said Romney "mischaracterized my position."
Months after his "conversion," Romney stated his commitment to upholding Massachusetts abortion laws and appointed pro-choice judge to state district court.
In October 2005, Romney signed bill expanding family planning services, including abortion counseling and morning-after pill.
In December 2005, Romney "abruptly ordered his administration to reverse course . . . and require Catholic hospitals to provide emergency contraception medication to rape victims."
Romney health insurance plan expanded access to abortion, required Planned Parenthood representative on state panel.
Romney endorsed legalization of abortion pill RU-486 access during his 1994 Senate race and backed federal funding of abortion, saying "I think its important that people see me not as a pro-life candidate."
In 1994 and 2002, Romney confirmed his support for Roe v. Wade decision and forcefully positioned himself as pro-choice in 1994 Senate race, saying "you will not see me wavering on that."
Romney has refused to comment on bill pending in South Carolina legislature requiring that abortion doctors offer pregnant women option of viewing ultrasound.
Romney endorsed Rep. Barney Franks Employment Nondiscrimination Act in 1994.
In 1994, Romney called "dont ask, dont tell" policy first step toward having gays and lesbians "able to serve openly and honestly in our nations military" and said he would provide "more effective leadership" on gay rights issues than Ted Kennedy.
In 2003, Washington Times reported Romney "would support a Vermont-style civil union law in Massachusetts."
As governor, Romney said health coverage benefits and hospital visitation rights should be provided to gay couples.
Romney promised to make gay partnership benefits a "hallmark of my leadership as governor" and has said he would attend gay weddings if invited.
Romney publicly opposed Boy Scouts ban on homosexuals in 1994 and 2002 campaigns.
In 2002, Romney backed hate crimes legislation that included sexual orientation provisions.
In 2007, Romney praised gay parent who confronted him over gay marriage issue, but in 2005 remarked to South Carolina audience that some gay couples "are actually having children" and called it "wrong."
In 1994 Senate race, Romney backed Brady bill and assault weapons ban, saying "I dont line up with the NRA" and "thats not going to make me the hero of the NRA."
Romney called Clinton crime bill "a big step forward."
As governor, Romney quadrupled gun licensing fees and vowed not to "chip away" at tough gun laws
In 2004, Romney signed permanent state-level ban on assault weapons that was mirrored after federal assault weapons ban. In January 2006, Romney said he owned a gun - then two days later admitted he did not and the gun belonged to his son.
Romney bragged about being member of the NRA but later revealed he didnt join until August 2006, just before launching his presidential campaign.
Romney recently said hes "been a hunter pretty much all my life" but later admitted he hunted only twice in his life, later clarifying remarks by claiming he has hunted "small varmints . . . more than two times."
In 2006 press conference, Romney claimed he had been hunting "many times" after returning from quail hunt in Georgia.
The paper also goes on to provide much greater details about these facts also. You should be sure to read the whole thing.
If Republicans allow themselves to be duped into believing Mitt "RomneyCare" Romney is a real Republican (much less a real conservative), they will be sorely disappointed if given a chance to find the truth once hes in the White House.
If Republicans allow the "mainstream" media and RINO elites to scare them into settling for this poor excuse for a Republican, they are going to kick themselves later. With Americans having gotten a clear look at liberalism under Barack Obama and his Democrat Congress, there will never be a better time to elect a real Republican, a conservative who understands how America was designed to operate. With the damage done by liberals to our great nation, there has never been a time when we have more desperately needed a conservative who knows what makes this country tick . . . not one who will only reduce - but not stop - the level of liberal poison being injected into our society.
The truth is, Romney almost certainly will not get a chance to show his true face. Enough Republicans already understand that hes nothing but a liberal with an "R" after his name, which means that even if people allow the "mainstream" media and the GOP establishment to fool them into supporting him in the primary, there will not be enough support from Republicans who know the truth to push him over the top in the general election. Principled Republicans will not vote for a fraud like Romney, and when "independents" are given a choice between a liberal with an "R" after his name and a liberal who proudly embraces the liberal Democrat Party, theyll go for the genuine article every time.
Republicans, lets throw this pretender onto the side of the road while there is still time, and choose a real Republican like Rick Santorum. Half-measures and "the lesser of two evils" will not be enough to save our ailing country; we must have decisive leadership that understands the need to return to the traditional American values that are PROVEN to work. Rick Santorum understands that; Mitt Romney just doesnt get it.
What secret handshake ???
Isnt it enough that Barry wants to tax my $20,000 ???
Now I dont get the memos ???
I know there is nothing listed there. And I know why you arent voting for him.
So, three wannabe insults count as debate now? Thats interesting. But seriously, this isnt the Revolution.
See post #22, those are the reasons I am not voting for the liberal called Romney.
Mittfans can’t even wait till Romney clinches to celebrate. Pathetic. Forced all the other good candidates out.
It sure isn't 'just another election', as you posited.
Look around you. Nothing about these times is normal. There are forces working to undo our constitutional republic once and for all, and institute in its place, a totalitarian socialistic state.
You'd better hope for a revolution.
Its just like every other election. Its always “the worst” or “weve never seen anything like this” or “the last one well have.” Absolutely no perspective, just paranoia.
That crap the GOP-E trotted out every election used to work on me, after 2008, NEVER AGAIN!
Thats fine, but acting like this is the same as the Revolution is silly.
You appear to have an 'Ivory Tower' perspective on the current state of the nation and our politics. I'm perceiving that your life hasn't been significantly impacted by what's gone on over the last three years, which is why you think others are being 'paranoid'.
Perhaps they are, but they have every right to be so, given the fundamental changes that have recently occurred in our country. The fact that the sky is still blue, and the birds still sing every morning outside your window, doesn't mean that a truly Orwellian age isn't upon us. It simply hasn't broken through your front door yet.
But it will, unless all of us get a grip on what's being done, and do everything in our power to stop it. I suggest you begin thinking like the Revolution is at hand, because it is.
Quit trying to marginalize people in debates by using insults, all it does is cut off debate.
As for what is going on now (assuming you are speaking of the economy), it is not as bad as the 70’s or the 30’s. Just because we are in a recession doesnt mean that these times are special or worse than they have been in the past. And there was no revolution then. But as of now, all I see is a rampant paranoia that is whipping people into a frenzy.
That is truly one of the most ill-informed statements I've seen on FR in a long time. If that's where your level of awareness about our current situation is, then I've got nothing to work with. You're too far behind the curve for anything I'm trying to impart to you, to bite.
Enjoy your bliss, wherever that is.
Please add it to your list, and when you do, make sure you go back over ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
of my past posts and find ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
where I say anything good about Romney.
Add this to your list too:
mojitojoe is not a “mittwitt”. He’s simply made a different choice than you have.
Because you are a freak and have OCD regarding mittens. Spend some of the energy exposing the Kenyan Marxist usurper. There is tons of material, very easily found, but you don’t want to do that do you? Why? Because you want Soetoro to win and you will probably vote for him. I’ve always thought you were a sleeper troll.
Just look at socons past posting history. Look at the profile page, it’s all anti McCain crap. Now it’s all anti-Romney crap. I’m still trying to find some anti- o bama crap he posted. If this isn’t a troll, and this is what the normal FR poster is now like, now I understand why everyone else is leaving.
After the 2008 elections, here's what we know:
Russia funded Obama.
Wikileaks emails show that McCain knew of massive vote fraud and did nothing.
Obamas lawyers admitted in a NJ court that the BC is a fraud but convinced a willing court that it didn't matter.
Spain will count the votes.
The military seldom gets to vote.
I don't think it matters who we do or don't vote for. We need more drastic efforts elsewhere. But we need more aware citizens and louder voices.
I don’t think it matters who we do or don’t vote for
Sure, that will work. Let’s just all never vote again, that’s will teach them a lesson. FR has gone mad.
McCain knew of massive vote fraud and did nothing.
McCain is a coward and I held my nose and voted because of Sarah but I often wonder if all of the McCain haters had voted, where would we be today.
We need more drastic efforts elsewhere
Doing the same thing again and again and hoping for a different result is foolish. We need to clean house and get rid of the infestation.
Tell me that you think the 2008 elections weren't rigged. You know better.
Our voices are not enough. We need more Americans aware of what they’re losing.
How much is the Obama team paying you for all your efforts to help keep him in the White House?
Probably minimum wage or maybe he just does it for free. I wonder how many good Freepers left because of this butthead.
Joe, we're there.
Of course hes not your candidate. Why would he be the candidate of a democratic troll? All day no Romney now, and your home page is all about how McCain sucks. Plus, we all know the group that strings together mutliple adjectives to describe people they dont like are Union thugs. It makes sense now why you are trying to deflate Republicans.
BINGO! and what’s even worse, is now they are welcome on FR. Something is up. FR about to be DU2?
SO MANY VALID REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR OBAMA!
Here are the various links that can be added to the links previously in the article below n the same vein:
1. Obama wants to fundamentally transform America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJJP9AYgqU
2. Obama says knowing when human life begins is above my pay grade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOTfnz11kBk
3. Obama supported infanticide, voting against the Born Alive Infants Protection Act (and tried to cover up his votes): http://www.nrlc.org/ObamaBAIPA/WhitePaperAugust282008.html
4. Obama thinks having a baby is punishment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbaig-D5pk
5. Obama supports gay marriage and repeal of Dont Ask Dont Tell, and is against Defense of Marriage Act: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQJuKI0Gf8&feature=fvwrel (For the facts about homosexuality see http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and-the-culture/gay-rights.)
6. Obama thinks Americans are bitter by clinging to guns and religion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2h13OZHdmc
7. Obama ridicules the Bible and exposes his utter ignorance: http://antiobamassiah.wordpress.com/video-of-obama-comments-about-the-bible-that-are-unbelievable/
8. Obama bows and apologizes to foreign leaders, even our mortal enemies: http://www.capveterans.com/america_s_freedom_tea_parties_are_growing/id33.html, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xWmsoAP-HoE#!
9. Obama sends bust of Churchill home, insulting Americas strongest ally: http://thewesternexperience.com/2009/02/23/president-obama-returns-bust-of-sir-winston-churchill-back-to-britain/
10. Obama wants to punish success and spread the wealth around. (Is the top 10% of earners paying 71% of the taxesand 49% of Americans paying no federal income tax not enough socialism for you, Mr. President?): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoqI5PSRcXM
11. Obama snubs Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, our strongest ally in the middle east: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25/president-allegedly-dumps-israeli-prime-minister-dinner/
12. Obama says Israel should return to its 1967 border. (Does he think we should give Texas back to Mexico too?): http://matzav.com/obama-calls-for-israel-palestine-talks-on-1967-borders
13. Obama scolds Supreme Court Justices at State of the Union Address while lying: http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/0110/Justice_Alitos_You_lie_moment.html
14. Obama takes personal credit for killing Osama bin Laden (compare to George W Bushs comments after capturing Saddam Hussein): http://savingcommonsense.blogspot.com/2011/05/contrasting-speeches-of-bush-on-saddam.html
15. Obama wants electricity rates to skyrocket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4
16. Obama only talks to war commander once in 10 weeks. (How bizarre is it for the Commander-in-Chief not to communicate with his general during war time?): http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/09/gibbs-explains-why-the-president-has-only-talked-to-general-mcchrystal-once-in-10-weeks.html
17. Obama wants to circumvent the War Powers Act. (Is he above the law?):
18. Obama wants to bypass Congress on the debt ceiling. (Does he think he is king?): http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-18563_162-20076575-6.html?assetTypeId=30&blogId=
19. Obama wants U.S. to submit our laws to the world court: http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=116552
20. Obama releases a birth certificate that is most likely a fake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9StxsFllY&feature=youtu.be
22. Obama lost over half a billion dollars of our money on various solar scams, which its own administration admits were awarded without adequate due diligence, and which were a probable result of cronyism: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/print/277124, http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2011/09/14/breaking-white-house-pressured-omb-to-approve-solyndra-loan-before-due-diligence-complete/,http://tucsoncitizen.com/compoundcaptive/2011/10/22/solar-scam-on-taxpayers-and-the-rich-get-richer/ http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/letters/wasting_green_on_greenies_no_more_Ty6EyjqLhb0hAHKgpRcR3L
23. Obamas stimulus cost $278,000 per job: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-s-economists-stimulus-has-cost-278000-job_576014.html
24. Obama has blatantly ingnored the Constitution in at least 7 instances: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=1437376
25. Obama was absent from the Supercommittee deliberations. This absence was unbelievable to me. Here was the chance to get something done on the deficit, and Obama was bouncing around the world condemning America. Just imagine how an strong leader in the White House would be engaged in that process. http://www.northstarwriters.com/2011/11/13/lack-of-obama-leadership-leads-to-supercommittee-failure/
26. Obama says he is the fourth best president in history (better than Washington, better than Jefferson, etc). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxvSjDkF7HE
27. Obama had close associations with outspoken hater of America Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentenat terrorist Bill Ayers. (No white Republican candidate would have gotten away with that!) http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/08/obama_the_affirmative_action_president.html
28. Obama proposes a new legal system in which citizen suspects could be imprisoned without trial. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/23/us/politics/23detain.html
29. Obama stops the Keystone pipeline and our offshore drilling but is party to allowing (through the Ex-Im Bank) subsidies to the Brazilian oil company and its offshore drilling, perhaps because his liberal pal George Soros owns shares. http://www.youtube.com/watch? feature=player_embedded&v=xWmsoAP-HoE#!, http://www.politisite.com/2010/06/21/soros-invested-in-petrobras-days-before-obama-invested-billions-special-prosecutor-needed/
30. The U.S. capital Christmas tree pays homage to Obama but not Jesus. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-capitol-christmas-tree-pays-homage-obama-not-jesus
31. During the Chrysler bankruptcy, Obama violated the Fifth Amendment and more than 150 years of bankruptcy law by illegally treating secured creditors worse than unsecured creditors. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32074
32. While running for President, Obama had promised that he would not have any lobbyists working in his administration. However, by February 2010, he had more than 40 lobbyists working in his administration. http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/obama-makes-mockery-his-own-lobbyist-ban
33. In 2011, after Boeing had hired 1,000 new employees to work at its new factory in South Carolina, the Obama administration ordered Boeing to shut down the factory, because the factory was non-union. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/business/21boeing.html?_r=3
34. The Obama administration pressured Ford to pull adds that told the truth about bailout money for General Motors and Chrysler. http://nation.foxnews.com/obama-administration/2011/09/27/wh-pressures-ford-pull-bailout-ad
35. The Obama administration used racially motivated actions to withdraw the case against Black Panthers who were intimidating voters. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/07/us/07rights.html
36. Obama outrageously ramped up the bureacracy by appointing numberous Czars, probably in opposition to the Consitution which gives the Senate right of approval for such posts. http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/59071-feingold-questions-obama-czars
37. Obama wants to rid the U.S. of private health insurance. http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-video-obama-explains-how-his-health-care-plan-will-eliminate-private-insurance/
38. The Obama administration gives over 1300 waivers to his own health care law. http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-video-obama-explains-how-his-health-care-plan-will-eliminate-private-insurance/
39. Obama puts self-described communists in his administration (including Van Jones, Anita Dunn, and others). http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-video-obama-explains-how-his-health-care-plan-will-eliminate-private-insurance/ , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FVEe7wCzs
40. Obama reneged on promises to be the most transparent administration and not to hire lobbyists. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/25/us/politics/25caribou.html , http://www.breitbart.tv/white-house-reporters-grill-gibbs-over-selected-questions-for-obama/, http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=11449 , http://old.news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090128/pl_politico/18128
41. Obama defends public schools and the teachers unions but sends his own kids to private schools while eliminating vouchers for kids who cannot afford private schools. http://theweek.com/article/index/207598/should-obama-send-his-kids-to-public-school , http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31163
42. Obama promises to cut the deficit but adds half again as much debt as all previous presidents combined. http://www.google.com/search?q=obama+deficits&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=A1b&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvnsu&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8OoET9TNFKz_sQLao6iRCg&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1122&bih=837
FR is the home of Patriots. You know that. Don’t shoot at the wrong people. Our disarray is exactly what the enemy wants. Whoever that poster is doesn’t matter. It’s the bosses that we need to stop.
LOL! Your past post speak for themselves as do mine. Illuminating posts? I don’t need the likes of you to illuminate me thank you very much. 95% of Freepers think you’re a troll and in fact despise you, but you already know that. You like it. Don’t bother to respond. I know what your game plan is.
If our disarray is what they want, then they must be throwing a big party. Disarray is an understatement. Implosion is more like it. WHERE IS EVERYONE AROUND HERE? It’s practically vacant.
Our current problem is that we don't know whom to trust. I imagine the American Revolution was the same. Since generations of Americans weren't paying attention, we are now back to square one with masters. The questions is how to be cohesive and throw off the yokes they have slowly burdened us with.
Shooting at one another suits the elites. Then they can continue unscathed. We need to come together and defeat them. And we need more Americans to wake up.
We have had some serious trolls that have spread lies. Useful idiots. Some of them enemies of FR. Their anger blinds them to what they are doing. And the elites are smiling.
DJ I don’t listen to idle gossip or lies. I am strictly going by what I am observing here on FR.
LoL....well she did say there's a wild and whacky man inside Romney ready to come out.
She really does need to quit talking.
There’s a lot going on behind the scenes that you aren’t seeing.
It's not the fault of posters or the owner. But we DO need to tone it down and band together. Our Republic is at stake.
You only bash the GOP. Where’s your numerous threads bashing the Communist in the White House since 2008?
How do we do that by ignoring the records of pretend Republicans and conservatives like Mitt Romney, John McCain, and others?
Spend your time tearing down o bama. That doesn’t mean you are building Romney up. You WANT o bama to win, NOT A DOUBT IN MY MIND. You wanted him in 2008 when you ripped McCain apart too. You disgust me, but you disgust MOST freepers so what else is new?
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.