Skip to comments.Alternator Belt Cut on Romney Bus
Posted on 07/09/2012 4:09:59 PM PDT by Nachum
The Romney team today confirmed grass-roots reports that a campaign bus was sabotaged by an unknown vandal over the weekend.
The bus, which was being used for campaign events but not transporting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, was parked in Richmond, Va., when the vehicle was tampered with late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.
A Romney campaign official told PJM that the alternator belt was cut. Repairs were under way Monday to get the bus back on the road for a voter registration event in Springfield, Va., from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Springfield Metro Commuter Lot.
A Moms for Mitt mobile phone bank that had been scheduled for 11:30 a.m. this morning in Leesburg, Va., had to be canceled because of the disabled bus.
(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...
Anyone know where Bill Ayers was at the time?
I saw David Axelrod in the vicinity about that time.
Great job the SS are doing in watching Romney! Wow, let’s give them a raise!
Maybe the SS had a party and some wild women to attend to?
This will be the lead story on all of the Network evening news......
Oops my mistake, he wasn’t traveling on this bus.
If this happened to an Obama bus, the headlines would be:
Tried to Kill.....!!
Ban Sharp Objects!
Ayers would be cutting brake lines.
Doesn’t The Secret Service have the responsibility of maintaining the security of the bus? Were they out partying? This is serious, especially after the dim a-holes were running the video last month of Romney’s bus exploding.
Does anyone know when Secret Service protection start for a candidate other than the President?
Check the local whorehouse if you want to know where they were last night.
A "Moms for Mitt" mobile phone bank that had been scheduled for 11:30 a.m. this morning in Leesburg, Va., had to be canceled because of the disabled bus.
According to ABC News Romney’s campaign was informed on January 31st that he would be receiving protection. Prior to that Herman Cain received protection back in December. My guess is that Cain received protection due to the perceived threat level. Hopefully, the 0bama regime doesn’t have much, if any say in these matters. Here is a link to the article: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/exclusive-mitt-romney-to-receive-secret-service-protection/
Yeah, somehow I don’t envision this being allowed to happen to Greyhound One.
“Repairs were under way Monday to get the bus back on the road...”
Maybe one of Romney’s voters can take off his pair of panty-hose and fashion a belt out of it. Just to get them by.
Must have been an older guy that cut the belt. Someone who’s worked with his hands and turned a wrench, as that type of sabatoge is VERY HARD for our youths today, with degrees in “The Humanities” and $80k in student loans. Consider the level of skill necessary:
1) You have to find the engine, then...
2) You have to accept that that big thing with wires and hoses coming out in all directions is really the engine
3) Then you have to find the front of the engine (i.e., the non-transmission end). Not easy when the engine has 4 sides to it.
4) Then you have find the fan belts. Not easy when the only belts you’ve ever seen in your life is are hanging in your boyfriend’s closet, or on the bedpost.
5) Then you have to identify the alternator - not a prayer on this one - just guess at it.
6) Then you have to find a sharp object, like a knife. But you don’t have a knife because you are afraid it will jump out of your pocket and start stabbing people, just like guns do.
7) So you give up and get your union-daddy over there. You show him the ‘alternator belt’ and he laughs at you and tells you it’s a strap for holding the fuel tank in place.
8) Daddy then quickly finds the engine and cuts the alternator belt, cursing out Bush the whole time for making him perform unpaid labor.
Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.