Skip to comments.Obama the capitalism-hating, liberty-hating, America-hating Marxist must be destroyed!!
Posted on 08/20/2012 6:14:29 AM PDT by Jim RobinsonEdited on 08/20/2012 6:23:21 AM PDT by Jim Robinson. [history]
click here to read article
Sarah called this one right ~ the rest of the Republican party failed to check out their candidate, then, when he barely won they began imagining all his opponents were Obama supporters. There's the religion angle as well ~ he sounds like he belongs to one of those 'cults' ~ Primitive Baptist or something like that (/s)
Lot of folks on FR and at that convention have never experienced an East Coast hurricane, but they are NOT NICE.
It will be ON TOP OF THE convention center Monday Afternoon. That will be followed by Tropical Depression 10.
The folks who came up with the idea of doing SE conventions in late August are IGNANT ~ and some of them imagine they are masters of politics and the internal affairs of the RNC and the DNC.
This was all very predictable.
As a 8 term GOP guy, the GOP knew exactly who and what he was/is. He was acceptable all those loyal years. But with a less than conservative man atop the ticket, I submit his 97% conservative voting record was incompatable with the incoming management. The gaffe made it pallatable to replace him with a person more in tune with the ‘new way’. Never in history has the GOP so rapidly turned on such a man.
I totally agree he hosed the pooch in high style. But many lesser Pubs have dome far worse. And with his election being such an important ‘win’ for the home team, their bussing of his butt carries the stench of bad fish.
Again. Romney’s history is pathetic compared to Alin. Pathetic. Yet the GOP will defy their base and all evidence to back him.
Speaks volumes as to their ultimate intentions.
Edit - 6 term gop guy...my bad.
If he wasn’t listening, he’d have continued on with that throughout the debates AND Ryan.
Buy a clue.
you figgered me out you sly dog!
Now just WHY would a MORMON think a thing like that???
...the presidential campaign of Mormon Church founder Joseph Smith in 1844: Challenging Democrat James Polk and Whig Henry Clay, Smith prophesied that if the U.S. Congress did not accede to his demands that they shall be broken up as a government and God shall damn them.
Smith viewed capturing the presidency as part of the mission of the church.
Then they must have been some REALLY good words!
...those words are probably still available. Got a name we can search on?
Who we Hoosiers sent packing for home this year!
Uh... whereever that 'home' happened to be.
Your response tells me everything I need to know about you.
Perhaps my questions were a bit pointed, but they were sincere.
Are you trying to advance the cause of the Gospel? And how are you doing so? How do you square up your comments with Paul and Peter’s commands from Jesus that we do so in a spirit of gentleness?
You can oppose Romney; that’s fine. You may well have good reasons to do so, and I can agree with most of them, even if my conclusion is different.
But your TONE is that of a liberal parody of Christians.
However, the vet said that due to the drought, high levels of estrogen in the foilage she'd been eating caused a type of false pregnancy.
Just milk her down and she'll be fine.
(I wish I'd known you could teach a goat tricks before I spoiled them rotten...)
Imagine for a moment that Richard Lugar had financial sponsors who could keep him in office forever, or until he turned into a drooler.
Well, he did. And those same interests could take the Indiana Democrat party and make them run a succession of folks like Birch Bayh and his son Evan Bayh who, if not Conservative, were normal people.
Excluding the Eastern European commie corps in Cleveland, Ohio has a similar situation.
Think of Romney for a moment ~ Kenosha Wisconsin ~ think of Ryan a moment ~ Kenosha Wisconsin ~ think of Walker a moment ~ Kenosha Wisconsin ~ think of Goldwater a second - Kenosha Wisconsin ~ think of Ford a second ~ Kenosha Wisconsin ~ and Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Toledo, Columbus, Louisville, St. Louis, etc. et al ad nauseum. The old wealth of the lower and Central Midwest is substantial and in the hands of Republicans who still imagine they must be careful or the Democrats might be offended.
I said KENOSHA because you can make a direct historic or financial or investment link directly to interests there or who own "there".
There are some bright spots in the Midwest. At the same time some of the bright spots are actually tools of the old money families ~ the coupon clippers ~ and they own the RNC so it'll be a bit difficult to purge them, although I think that is possible. They've let us down so many times ~ Landon, Willkie, ....... McCain.... a long string of mostly losers ~ a few bright spots in that list of winners who came from elsewhere and had special backing!
Somewhere around here. Might stop by once he gets back from his vacation.
I hope one bite won't turn me into a coprophile!
I can see the New Partie's mascot now...
Vote for Dung!
He really gives a sh|+
Somebody should have pulled his credentials right then.
Will I get de-loused before or after I get that shower you promised me?
Good! So STOP asking and giving me what YOU interpret my TONE as! YOU KNOW EVERYTHING!! And pride is the beginning of it all!
“True. 100%. But my point is that F&B is all but vanished and the result is a faith filled with and largely ruled by liberal, not Christian dogma.”
True. I’ve spent the last year dealing with that. The ‘teddy bear God’ concept is one of the biggest threats to the Church today.
“Again, it goes back to my point about actual belief. How can a person call themselves a christian while adopting, accepting, excusing and/or promoting non-christian teachings? No, there does not have to be 24/7 prostelyzing about it, but there is little. And when it does rear its head, as we see on this and like threads, everyone gets POd offended and shocked.”
Also true. I think that the issue is that many times the Christian post tends to have a high and mighty tone to it. Or a high and mighty tone can be inferred. People don’t like being talked down at. And after all the religion arguments that have gone on in this thread and threads like them, it’s very hard not to see the Christians posting as being the ones talking down to those opposed to them.
Especially online, it’s very difficult to be firm in the Word, and also to preach in a spirit of gentleness and not strife and anger, because vocal tones don’t get across very well. And I admit, sometimes it’s really easy to get angry at someone and dash off an ill-thought-out response.
Anyways, I think that’s one big reason why Christian posters don’t tend to be very well-received.
“One either believes in the Bible or they do not. It reminds me of the 2nd amendment and liberals. They love the Constitution...except for ......
Many so called christians are exactly the same way. They shy away from things like Leviticus because its embarrassing for them. People will think they are some whacked out fundie! How christian is that? Thats cowardice. Thats denying God to his face.”
What we need to do is to read the Bible on a deeper level than what’s superficial. It’s the surface-only reading of the Bible that’s causing so much strife nowadays, or worse, trying to read one’s own agenda into Scripture.
Apologies for my tardy reply. All too often during our FReepathons, I don’t see my pings until later in the day.
I didn’t keep abreast with the zots, but I can’t think of anyone I miss. I do, however, recall some very nasty and vile comments directed to Jim and those posters deserved zots.
I’m not on board with Romney, and I might not ever be. I’m still praying for His guidance and for miracles. I know for certain that we’re all prayerful patriots here, no matter our voting choices. I also know the Marxist will destroy our Republic if he’s reelected and that he hates America, whereas Romney doesn’t. Romney just detests us TEA Party patriots. “Maybe” Paul Ryan can change his mind.
God bless and keep you all and everyone you love.
from the Christian Bible...
Book, chapter and verse identified please...”
What in my statement do you object to?
Because there are several answers I can draw from Scripture, but I want to make sure that I address your concerns.
I mean, in Galatians chapter 3, Paul says that Jesus saved us from the curse of the Law. If there was no Law, there would be no punishment to save us from, and no need of the Gospel that saves us. That’s the simplest answer I can give, but it’s probably not what you want to hear.
A deeper answer would be that the Law of God is His will for our lives. It is the teaching of the Lord of the ways that we should walk. (Of course, I’m not speaking about the civil laws that were in Leviticus and the like, but that’s another matter. We can pay attention to those to see the mind of God, but nearly all of those were pointing forward to Jesus and so are fulfilled.) The Law of God—shown in the Ten Commandments—is an outline for the perfect life that pleases Him.
We are saved from the curse that the Law brings by the Gospel, but what does the Gospel save us from? What does the Gospel save us FOR? Ephesians 2:10, Paul says that we are created in Christ Jesus FOR good works, and what are good works if not fulfillment of God’s Law? And how can we do them but by the power of the Gospel?
I could go on for a while here, but before I make this a tl;dr post, I’ll let you respond and tell me if I addressed your worry/concern/whatever-it-was.
This ignert Hoosier decided to see what all the fuss was about a hurricane, back in July of '96.
I headed due east on I-70, hoping to get to the coast when it was projected to come ashore.
About a 100 miles or so from the Atlantic, I noticed the traffic in the other lanes were a bit heavy, while it seemed that NO one was going my way!
I went thru a lot of rain until about 5 miles from the coast; when it all just stopped!
I got to Wilmington and found lots of minor damage; downed lines and stuff blowed around with some trees broken; but it didn't look too bad.
People were begining to emerge from their homes to have a look around as well.
I drove around for a 1/2 hour or so, gawking and then decided "Big deal" and headed for home.
10 minutes later the OTHER side of the eye came ashore and things changed - in a HURRY!
My little Opel GT was getting rocked and rolled and stuff was flying thru the air. I found an open lot next door to a convenience store and hunkered down: for 12 hours!
The car rocked as though 4 big linemen were at each corner; bouncing the shocks for all they were worth!
Peace came around 3 AM, with a clear sky and beautiful stars.
No human lights were seen except for a faint glow to the north, which I found later was some kind of military base.
When morning finally came, the sound of chainsaws were everywhere as folks were clearing the roads and their property of debris.
The C-store pump roof was bent to the ground. I was glad I didn't take shelter under it!
I don't think I want to experience another one.
Hurricane Isaac! Oh boy.
Thanks for the information, muawiyah!
I hear BiteMe and the Union thugs are planning to raise He// outside the convention...LOL.
Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus:
"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them.
Matthew 231. Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
2. "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
3. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
4. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.
5. "Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
6. they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;
7. they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi.'
8. "But you are not to be called `Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.
9. And do not call anyone on earth `father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.
10. Nor are you to be called `teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you will be your servant.
12. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
13. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.
14. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
16. "Woe to you, blind guides! You say, `If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.'
17. You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred?
18. You also say, `If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is bound by his oath.'
19. You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. Therefore, he who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And he who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it.
22. And he who swears by heaven swears by God's throne and by the one who sits on it.
23. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
24. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
27. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.
28. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous.
30. And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our forefathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'
31. So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of the sin of your forefathers!
33. "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
34. Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town.
35. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
36. I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation.
37. "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.
38. Look, your house is left to you desolate.
39. For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "
26. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
27. "First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
And St. Paul chimes in...
As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!
People would rather be praised into Hell,
Than rebuked into Heaven.
Although I admire your efforts I must tell you that you are wasting your time jousting with these idiots.
This forum was once THE premiere conservative gathering site on the web with a multitude of VERY learned and well respected leaders taking part in the proceedings here but thats all gone now due to the very same idiots you are wasting your time on. They dont get it, dont want to get it, and thus will never get it! According to them you cannot be a conservative unless you are a member of a religion on their approved list.
All right, all right...
I admit that I was posting with a pulse or two of anger there and I said some things that weren’t exactly Christian love. I do apologize. I should have been more respectful and put the best view on things.
Having said that, I want to tell you—completely in the context of being a fellow sibling in Christ, and not intending to slam you in any way—that you are coming across as angry and belligerent. Whether you are angry or not, that’s how you’re coming across. You aren’t leading or teaching with a spirit of gentleness. At least that’s how it seems from this side of the Internet.
This is bad, first because it’s God’s command that we restore any erring brothers in a spirit of gentleness, and second because it’s making Christ and Christians look bad.
Jesus and Paul had very strong words and actions against those abusing the Word of God, but we are not quite to the point where people are twisting the Gospel into saying that Jesus isn’t Lord.
Again, I apologize for my smartass comments, and I hope that we might get off on the right foot this time.
Please post it on our FReepathon thread!
I admit that I was posting with a pulse or two of anger there and I said some things that werent exactly Christian love. I do apologize. I should have been more respectful and put the best view on things.
Let me know when you run out of cheeks...
But, in your anger, did you SIN?
“Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.” (Galatians 6:1)
“And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.”(2 Timothy 2:24-26)
So either Paul is contradicting Jesus, or what we have here are very different circumstances.
Are we really, REALLY to the point where we have to bust out that language? Is anyone calling himself a Christian and denying that Jesus is Lord? Is anyone calling himself a Christian and at the same time twisting the Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ into something else?
Or are we arguing on the Internet about political candidates?
Whether you or I think that anyone should vote Romney or not, Jesus Christ is the Way, Truth and Life, and the only way to the Father. Now is not the time for belligerence and anger, no matter how good they might feel.
Where Paul preached people rioted. Jesus was not touchy feelly, He was direct and called people out.
Sorry, but if you look at the early church, none of those men......were wimps. They said what needed to be said and excepted the results.
It's time we return to the early church actions.
I am not exactly sure what you mean there, but that was a genuine apology. I did wrong. I posted angry and I made a personal attack when I shouldn’t have. And I’m asking forgiveness.
That’s be done before, called ghettos.
Pretty sure that’s what those German guys did.
Are you really advocating those kinds of actions.
What you don’t like free exchange of ideas, oh wait why am I surprised you don’t like people challenging you and your limited belief system.
Back up your claims.
Come one we don’t want you to get on the team of fools.
I would hope Jolted Joe brings a very large umbrella with him ~
I would hope Jolted Joe brings a very large umbrella with him ~
I’m not saying we should be wimpy! Wimpiness is what got us into liberal ‘Christianity’ in the first place. Eeeyuck.
It’s just that we don’t want to reach the point where we sound like liberal stereotypes. If we get angry and nasty and don’t say things in a spirit of love (though that does include tough love, like some of Ezekiel’s wilder sermons), then we’re shaming Jesus.
You are absolutely right that the Church must be bold in proclaiming Christ in this day and age. It’s just that it’s quite possible to be so bold (or angry) that you harm those weaker in faith than you. I know this because over the last year I did that a few times. What I said about Jesus and judgment was true, but I said it in the exact wrong way and I nearly shattered someone’s faith because of it. Praise God that we were able to reconcile.
And that worked so well for the Democrats with Obama and his bankster puppet-masters. </sarc off>
Expanded wars, massive give-aways to the above-mentioned banks, steady erosion of civil rights, the horrific NDAA, NO significant Wall Street fraud prosecutions, expanding police state, crony fascistic capitalism. It's neo-feudalism, and these issues are truly non-partisan in their impact. The rest is kabuki theatre. I truly fear the same will come from Romney. Time will tell.
Well, Jim. How are you going to deal with the CINOs here on Free Republic now that this ridiculous strategy has been repudiated?
To: Jim Robinson from Kazan
Well deal with Romney and the RINOS later.
How are we going to do that when the establishment knows, ultimately, even you will vote for whoever they put up?
Jim, by his own account, made a prayerful decision
***He made a sleepless decision. Sleeplessness is not prayer. God doesnt want us to give up our deeply held principles.
coming apart at the seams with major in-fighting while the real enemy savages our ranks and out flamks us.
***The real enemy is within the gates. It is CINOs. It is the folks you have thrown in with. Those are the folks who have been conducting the in-fighting, causing FR to come apart at the seams.
Well, now what, mkjessup? You gonna kick ask conservatives to GTFO from this conservative website? Or is it a GOP website?
Why dont you just GTFO?
***Well, Jeff. Heres a prime example of the people you have thrown in with. No substance to the post. No debate. No courage. Just pure insult. Basically hatred. Certainly not conservative. You have your common ground with those folks. Do with it as you see fit.