“Libertine and libertarian are two different things.”
NO, they are the same thing. Libertarians are “libertine” in their views on morality. Therefore, libertarians are libertines. It is another form of anarchy.
I had some respect for Ron Paul in the old days before he became a flaming libtard 911 truther.
- a person who advocates liberty, especially with regard to thought or conduct.
- a person who maintains the doctrine of free will (distinguished from necessitarian).
lib·er·tine [lib-er-teen, -tin]
- a person who is morally or sexually unrestrained, especially a dissolute man; a profligate; rake.
- a freethinker in religious matters.
- a person freed from slavery in ancient Rome.
But even if you reject the dictionary, the Libertarian party's own platform says:
We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose.
And I agree with that -- it is not the government's place to dictate -- beyond basic, general, and necessarily broad terms -- how a person should live (via law). On the Last Day, it is God before whom men stand, not before government.
Why the ping to Jim? Because I disagree with you?