Skip to comments.Glock, Paper, Scissors: Armed Guard Stops Shooter
Posted on 02/01/2013 4:12:23 PM PST by raptor22
Guns: While DHS seeks 7,000 semiautomatic guns with 30-round clips for self-defense, it makes a video saying you should use scissors to overpower armed predators. Luckily, a school guard in Atlanta thought differently.
Vice President Joe Biden criticized, on Jan. 23 during a Google+ Hangout, the suggestion by NRA chief Wayne LaPierre to put armed guards in every school in the nation.
"We are not calling for armed guards in schools . .. we think that would be a terrible mistake," the vice president said during the PBS "Fireside Hangout."
On Thursday afternoon, a student opened fire at Price Middle School in Atlanta, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away possibly averting yet another mass shooting. Police say the shooter had a grudge against the victim, but the armed guard's intervention made sure the incident went no further.
Some would argue an unarmed guard or teacher could have done the same, or they might have been the shooter's next victim. The incident should raise in the minds of gun-control advocates how things might have been different if an armed guard had been patrolling Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
Maybe Wayne LaPierre wasn't crazy after all. Certainly his idea is more practical and less goofy than the suggestion in a video produced by the Department of Homeland Security that was posted on the agency's website just a month after the massacre at Sandy Hook.
The video, titled "Options for Consideration," advises that people who get caught in an "active shooter" situation should run away, hide under a desk or take cover out of the line of fire. But the video also touts an option for self-defense the right to bear scissors
(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...
Use a purse thilly and throw gumdrps at them.
IBD EDITORIAL PING
BTW if anyone is interested there’s an upcoming gun buying opportunity in Lansing MI. on the 9th.
“Guns for Groceries will provide a $50 Meijer gift card for any operable long gun, a $100 gift card for each operable handgun, and a $150 gift card for each operable military-style assault weapon turned in at the collection point.”
The latest cutting edge technology.
For the sharpshooter in your family.
IBD EDITORIAL PING
IBD EDITORIAL PING
Just don’t run in the hallway with these.
1. Gun Free School Zones will not deter killers, but will attract them because they know everyone is disarmed.
2. In cases of mass shootings in schools, where an armed citizen was there, the body count averaged
3. Where people had to call 911 and wait for the cops to show up, the body count averaged 14.
4. In cases of mass shootings in schools, where an armed citizen was there, the deranged shooter either surrendered without a fight or killed himself.
5. Denial isn’t a river in Egypt. The best union teacher or staff is NOT bulletproof against a deranged shooter bent on murder. How much of a chance for survival will your union card buy you as you’re cowering under a desk with a pair of scissors?
6. If teachers or staff will not defend their students against predatory killers, then hire someone who will or bring in trained volunteers with CCW as a line of defense,
7. Post your school building as a hardened target; that is, brag there are ARMED guards in place to take out gun toting crazies.
You’re supposed to quickly cut out a real mean paper figure with the scissors and hold it up to the interloper and he’s supposed to see it and be scared and run away.
It works in cartoons.
I don’t mind if DHS wants 7,000 semiautomatic guns with 30-round clips for self-defense.
Me, Myself? I’d rather have 30 round magazines.
Clips are a bitch to load and you won’t be able to push more than about 10 rounds into a magazine bare handed anyway and it takes to long.
Nobody would “sell” a firearm today for a $50 or $100 gift card. That means lots of stolen guns will be turned in.
Is that a 30 round snip clip (magazine)? ;-)
“The video, titled “Options for Consideration,” advises that people who get caught in an “active shooter” situation should run away, hide under a desk or take cover out of the line of fire...”
Don’t forget the tried and true method of balling up in a fetal position...
Adding “sucking your thumb” is an advanced skill, best taught by liberal/progressives...
Working their own vernacular against them, I therefore do not own any semi-automatic or “assault rifles” (spit)...
I own “Personal Defense Rifles”...
To which you will never know about, nor will they be relinquished whilts I still have ammo to put through them...