Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

Skip to comments.

O'Reilly blasts same-sex marriage critics
CNN ^ | 3/27/2013 | Ashley Killough

Posted on 04/07/2013 12:35:31 PM PDT by IbJensen

click here to read article


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-133 last
To: Westbrook; All

I agree that Medicare and SS are a separate case. Also, 70% of the workers in DC do come in from outside. On the other hand I was doing some research in another argument and found that DC residents were paying the feds more than 5 times what DC got back from the government a few years ago. Also DC is growing at the rate of about 1,000 people a month.


101 posted on 04/08/2013 12:33:39 AM PDT by gleeaikin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 73 | View Replies]

To: mbj; All

One of the arguments for marriage is that there would be less promiscuity, and less spreading of disease. Also, what is your opinion on the 80 year old woman who was in an exclusive relationship for 40 years, and when her partner died, the government took over 1/3 of a million dollars in estate taxes which would not have happened if they were legally married?


102 posted on 04/08/2013 12:36:20 AM PDT by gleeaikin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

To: gleeaikin

> Also DC is growing at the rate of about 1,000 people a month.

What is the ratio of working people to welfare cases in that growth figure?


103 posted on 04/08/2013 3:36:18 AM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 101 | View Replies]

To: Albion Wilde

His scripted eruptions, while interviewing certifiable nut cases like Barney Fag and Monica Crowley’s Fox punching bag brother in law, have become too tedious and predictable.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8d867fd8ef/lil-oreilly-vs-barney-frank-from-paulbryant6


104 posted on 04/08/2013 3:37:19 AM PDT by IbJensen (Liberals are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but you smile as you push them down the stairs.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 95 | View Replies]

To: gleeaikin

> Also, what is your opinion on the 80 year old woman who was
> in an exclusive relationship for 40 years, and when her
> partner died, the government took over 1/3 of a million
> dollars in estate taxes which would not have happened if
> they were legally married?

Bad legal planning. A simple trust would have fixed it.

And I’m not certain that “marriage” could have avoided it.

Homosexuality is still sin. Just like adultery, drunkenness, thievery, murder.

If you can’t preach against sin, you can’t preach the gospel.

As Billy Graham said, before you can get people saved, you have to get them lost first.


105 posted on 04/08/2013 3:39:25 AM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies]

To: hondact200

O’Reilly’s marital situation with Maureen Philmy is very confusing. They’ve been married 14 years and have two children. Her prior relationship was with some scuz named Flavor Fav. I’m not certain but it appears they were wed and divorced.


106 posted on 04/08/2013 3:45:46 AM PDT by IbJensen (Liberals are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but you smile as you push them down the stairs.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 82 | View Replies]

To: manc

Billy likes to dine in cafeterias.


107 posted on 04/08/2013 3:47:17 AM PDT by IbJensen (Liberals are like Slinkies, good for nothing, but you smile as you push them down the stairs.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 62 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook
> Also DC is growing at the rate of about 1,000 people a month. What is the ratio of working people to welfare cases in that growth figure?

Well, if you consider government employment "work", they're all working people, and almost all white.

The white population of DC is growing rapidly, in fact, Washington may be a white-majority city by the next census.

The current majority population of DC is being pushed out, mostly into Prince Georges County, which is becoming much more vibrant as a result.

108 posted on 04/08/2013 3:58:56 AM PDT by Jim Noble (When strong, avoid them. Attack their weaknesses. Emerge to their surprise.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies]

To: Jim Noble

> Well, if you consider government employment “work”

At this juncture, I don’t.

I think there are more people working for some form of government than there are working in manufacturing.

If government is growing faster than the private sector, I consider that to be a major problem.


109 posted on 04/08/2013 4:28:44 AM PDT by Westbrook (Children do not divide your love, they multiply it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 108 | View Replies]

To: VanDeKoik

agree.
I’ve found when I mention how a guy is pushing and having sex with feces and how an ass is there for one thing then the low info or ignorant then nearly always say “yuck that;s disgusting, I don;t need to know any more”

Or when a guy talks about two women and I point out how they’re like the Hollywood types you see, they are masculine, act like men, try to be a guy and even go as far as acting like a guy during sex with a strap on because they don’t have the real thing.

Just pointing out the Holy Bible to someone who doens;t care about religion is a waste of time


110 posted on 04/08/2013 7:52:53 AM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

To: Christie at the beach

can’t understand why anyone actually gives him time and watches him and adds to his ratings.

He’s a big headed arrogant fool who seems to think that his view and positions are the right ones for everyone and his killing Lincoln who he loves so much also leaves out a few facts.
Next he’ll be writing killing Jesus and still people will buy his book.

Culture war, Does he still do that segment?


111 posted on 04/08/2013 7:58:11 AM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 67 | View Replies]

To: SoFloFreeper

watched him a few years ago and had done for a couple of years of that but doing the 2008 election and how he cried to get obama on his show and then ass kissed Obama after his interview was too much for me and haven’t watched him since


112 posted on 04/08/2013 7:59:58 AM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

To: cripplecreek

yea but you seem o miss the point like most liberal -tarians do.
Govt is involved, they enforce and decides who gets the kids, the house even the dog, who pays what.
Also there is a thing called the justice of the peace for people who are not religious.
Then there are other couples who have different religions and use the justice of the peace.

This bumper sticker slogan for the weak minded put out by the communists years ago sounds good but it takes actual brains to know it’s just a slogan


113 posted on 04/08/2013 8:02:23 AM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies]

To: IbJensen
Bill O'Reilly, the conservative Fox News host...

Incorrect. I've read enough.

114 posted on 04/08/2013 8:12:05 AM PDT by Half Vast Conspiracy (Based on a letter from an 8 year old…school is now illegal...'cuz it’s yuckey and dumb'.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: manc
yea but you seem o miss the point like most liberal -tarians do.

You can call me names all you want but it doesn't change the fact that most so called conservatives don't have the moral courage to give up the tax status and you will lose because of it.

We sold marriage to the government and aren't willing to pay to get it back.
115 posted on 04/08/2013 8:18:13 AM PDT by cripplecreek (REMEMBER THE RIVER RAISIN!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 113 | View Replies]

To: SeekAndFind
RE: SCIENCE shows that it takes a male and a female to produce a baby. That’s why same sex marriage is a fraud. -------------------------- Pro-gay marriage have a very easy argument against this -— Artificial Insemination for Lesbian Couples and Surrogates for Male Couples. Barring that, they can always adopt. This argument has been tried and the response has always been thusly."

True but this response shows different people are involved in procreation so 'gay marriage' is a fraud.

116 posted on 04/08/2013 10:13:21 AM PDT by ex-snook (God is Love)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

To: SeekAndFind

no it is not an argument because artificial means just denying the child a father or a mother.

EVERY SINGLE CHILD has one mother and one father. Adults made the decision to deny a father or mother.

Sex fetishists make the decision to visit they private bedroom recreational sex lives on the development of a normal child.

Heather has two momies WILL want to know “where is my Daddy?”

just as Johnny has two daddies WILL want to know “where is my Mommy?”


117 posted on 04/08/2013 10:16:53 AM PDT by longtermmemmory (VOTE! http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 86 | View Replies]

To: cripplecreek

never called you a name however I can see how it can be misconstrued
here is the quote you used.

“yea but you seem to miss the point like most liberal -tarians do.”

Again I’ve given you points of justice of the peace, to divorce, to who pays what and gets what to non religious folk getting married.
Not about tax to many and there are many other aspects to this issue than tax


118 posted on 04/08/2013 10:25:00 AM PDT by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 115 | View Replies]

To: DBeers
Where do you think the concept of God given inalienable rights ... came from...?

Communal Sense.

119 posted on 04/08/2013 11:10:02 AM PDT by OldNavyVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 99 | View Replies]

To: a fool in paradise
(D) Whenever it is put to vote, the public votes it down even in liberal strongholds like California and Massachusetts.

Not in the four states that voted on it in 2012.

120 posted on 04/08/2013 2:01:12 PM PDT by Lurking Libertarian (Non sub homine, sed sub Deo et lege)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
And what does the "Communal Sense" say about homosexual sex? Is Communal Sense universal, regional? Is it simply mob rule? Does it change e.g. the Nazis had a Communal Sense as did the 'workers' in Communist USSR -Islam as well has a communal sense.

IF you can not succinctly and objectively identify a supposed universal communal sense you refer to then it is simply a fantasy construct. I have a feeling that more than likely you refer to the Judeo-Christian tradition (communal sense) as evidenced historically put into and practice institutionally and do not even realize it or possibly do nit wish to acknowledge the rich heritage that premises the American experiment.

We were endowed by our "communal sense" just does not have the same ring as we were endowed by our Creator.

121 posted on 04/08/2013 4:16:59 PM PDT by DBeers (†)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 119 | View Replies]

To: Lurking Libertarian
Not in the four states that voted on it in 2012.

Following 32 state votes to deny promoting disordered sex as normal or basis for societal benefit or privilege in 2012 three passed the nonsense and one rejected making the possibility of idiocy illegal.

Considering the leftist payola, GOTV effort, media propaganda efforts, and all the 'community organizing' efforts that propelled the homosexual communist president back into office I would say that the supposed homosexual sex victory says more about corruption and the promotion of evil than it does about changing attitudes e.g. communal senses leaning forward.

122 posted on 04/08/2013 4:25:17 PM PDT by DBeers (†)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 120 | View Replies]

To: DBeers
... what does the "Communal Sense" say about homosexual sex?

Common sense tells us homosexuality is out there and it's not going away.

your Communal sense appears to be wanting all homosexuals eliminated.

123 posted on 04/08/2013 7:02:13 PM PDT by OldNavyVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 121 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
your Communal sense appears to be wanting all homosexuals eliminated.

LMAO! Well, at least you are consistent. You assert we have different communal senses? History shows that homosexual sex has not been embraced or promoted. Scientific reality shows homosexual sex to be a procreative dead end and a disease ridden endeavor.

Even a useful idiot would concede then that your communal sense as a source for anything universal is but a fantasy.

You have your communal sense and I have mine -the homosexual sex perverts and the useful idiot mob has theirs...

124 posted on 04/08/2013 8:36:04 PM PDT by DBeers (†)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 123 | View Replies]

To: Westbrook; All

The thousand people a month are mostly coming in for jobs and internships, and the city is almost 50% white now. A few decades ago it was 70% black. Now there is also a significant Hispanic population.


125 posted on 04/09/2013 11:20:29 PM PDT by gleeaikin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 103 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
Individual freedeom, and the economic system known as capitalism is what made America great.

You need to enlarge your reading list.

The founders were very succinct in their statements that the system they setup was only for a Christian nation and it would fail otherwise.

Furthermore, they stated outright that our Individual Liberties came from God himself.

It was their basing this government on a strong commitment to their own Judeo-Christian ethic that created the system we now live in that gave us the protection of our Individual Freedoms and the economic system known as capitalism.

Even Jefferson presided over church services held in the congressional buildings.
126 posted on 04/09/2013 11:25:32 PM PDT by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

To: SoConPubbie
The founders were very succinct in their statements that the system they setup was only for a Christian nation and it would fail otherwise.

What you're saying is that America is a communalistic state. Look it up.

127 posted on 04/10/2013 7:01:52 AM PDT by OldNavyVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 126 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
What you're saying is that America is a communalistic state. Look it up.

Nice strawman, now try and back up that statement with some facts and logic.
128 posted on 04/10/2013 8:11:10 AM PDT by SoConPubbie (Mitt and Obama: They're the same poison, just a different potency)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 127 | View Replies]

To: SoConPubbie
back up that statement with some facts and logic.

From my dictionary ...

"communalism 1. a theory or system of government in which communes or local communities, sometimes on an ethnic or religious basis, have virtual autonomy within a federated state."

129 posted on 04/10/2013 9:46:37 AM PDT by OldNavyVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 128 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
What you're saying is that America is a communalistic state. Look it up.

NO -that is what you are saying. America is not a State it is a Republic comprised of States. Look it up.

Further, your straw man is nothing more than a form of ANARCHY -an anarchist state comprised of independent collectivist communities -a leftist form of anarchy.

130 posted on 04/11/2013 5:27:38 AM PDT by DBeers (†)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 127 | View Replies]

To: IbJensen

So BOR is now firmly in the anti-first-amendment crowd, eh? That’s the sum total of his argument - thous shalt not use religion as a reason for anything.


131 posted on 04/11/2013 5:58:38 AM PDT by MortMan (Disarming the sheep only emboldens the wolves.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

To: DBeers

I will pray for you.


132 posted on 04/11/2013 6:59:17 AM PDT by OldNavyVet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 130 | View Replies]

To: OldNavyVet
I will pray for you.

Don't patronize me.

You go ahead and pray to the ambiguously homosexual communal sense that you worship all you want. Meanwhile, I will focus on opposing the crap that you and the leftists promote.

133 posted on 04/11/2013 9:42:38 AM PDT by DBeers (†)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 132 | View Replies]


Navigation: use the links below to view more comments.
first previous 1-5051-100101-133 last

Disclaimer: Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.

Free Republic
Browse · Search
News/Activism
Topics · Post Article

FreeRepublic, LLC, PO BOX 9771, FRESNO, CA 93794
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson