Skip to comments.Ralph Reed: No Change of Position on Boy Scouts
Posted on 05/14/2013 3:29:38 PM PDT by Jean S
Faith and Freedom Coalition founder Ralph Reed is vigorously refuting a published report that he sought to help the Boy Scouts of America persuade Christian leaders to back a proposal to allow gays to become scouts.
Current BSA policy is to bar membership to "open or avowed homosexuals." But a proposal to be voted on this month, supported by some leading BSA officials, would permit gays to become members while maintaining a ban on gay adult volunteers.
"Most conservative Christians oppose the proposal, so the Boy Scouts of America have engaged a high-profile advisor to help them make their case: Ralph Reed," states an article on the WORLD website of God's World Publications.
Reed, the report states, has arranged meetings and conference calls between "Christian conservative leaders and BSA officials who support the pro-gay resolution."
(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...
Ralph Reed denies supporting gay scouts ping!
Reed is solid. Screw the left!
Second ping, you’ve suddenly become very quiet about this.
I’m with you.No way this side of hell or Washington DC do I believe Reed would support fags anywhere near the boy scouts.
More proof that America’s opinion spewers and our central socialist God-less government (pablum to the uneducated, simple-minded, tattooed, unwashed, pierced voters) are the main enemies of the family, our children and our dying nation.
Time to roll.
Hmmm...but he took money to facilitate conversations between evangelical leaders and those pushing this immorality within the Scouts. Conversations intended to try to convince said leaders to go along. Didn’t he?
I couldn’t care less what his “position” is. Anybody can say they have a “position.”
You are making too many assumptions, like him receiving money. I won’t answer your assumptions.
Don’t you have a campaign to run? Shoo!
Maybe the writer confused Ralph with Rex Reed.
I’m not assuming a thing. I’m just trying to find out what is really going on. In the other article they quoted him as admitting receiving money for facilitating these calls and meetings.
Well, yeah. Had to go away, but now I am back.
1. Went back and looked at the 2/05/2013 transcript of Ralph Reed's interview on NewsMax.com. Yes, he did say it would be a mistake for the BSA to change its membership policy to include open homosexuals. The very next day BSA national announced it was suspending the National Executive Board meeting vote on the policy and would conduct further study, which of course led to the "Voice of the Scout" survey distritubed in early March.
2. Reed's comments about only ~30% of the chartered units would have to be worried regarding a membership change because they are chartered to non-churches is totally bogus - either deliberately misleading, hopelessly naive, or totally disengaged from Scouting. The pro-homo denominations will not even blink and welcome the pederasts. At some point these homosexual adult volunteers will come into contact with other scouts not in their units. It is unavoidable if your unit goes to district events or summer camp.
3. Right now The National Council helps cover some of the legal bills for units which are sued for neglect because a pederast preyed upon Scouts. This bank account is limited. The opposition knows it and is playing the long game to bankrupt the BSA.
4. Others on the original thread pointed out the problematic relationship Ralph Reed had with convicted lobbyist Jack Abramhoff and so-called conservative activist Grover Norquist (real concern that he is in bed with Islamists). Yes, maybe not fair to convict by association, but you are judged by the company you keep.
5. Based upon what others have posted on my original thread and this one, I think it is safe to say that you have been "schooled" regarding WORLD magazine.
Matthew Continetti was onto Reed nearly EIGHT years ago in his Weekly Standard article entitled “A Decade of Reed:One Republican’s Long, Lucrative March through the Institutions”.
I am surprised anyone takes him seriously.
He is a non-entity.
I suggest everyone read it.
I had his number by 1998.
Then why would he want to “faciliate” discussion between those who don’t want fags in the BSA and those who do? That part doesn’t make sense.
....maybe I should read the article!....
Thanks for the ping.
Freepmail wagglebee to subscribe or unsubscribe from the homosexual agenda ping list.
Be sure to click the FreeRepublic homosexual agenda keyword search link for a list of all related articles. We don't ping you to all related articles so be sure to click the previous link to see the latest articles.
Add keywords homosexual agenda to flag FR articles to this ping list.
A bit more info in the article and some comments, including MacNaughton's, about what's going on with the BSA and Reed.
Yeah, I think I was onto him pretty much the first time I saw him...about that same time....I mean, just look at him.
“Professional” “Conservative”, whose only “issues”, handily,
were marginal ones permanently ensconced in the “social”.
The worst thing about him is that he seemed to embody the kind of “conservative” that the Left lusts for-—the evangelical-types who the Left is perfectly ready to characterize as TYPICAL of the entire range of their “enemies”. As we know, he is anything BUT.
Got to agree with you there. I'm smelling fishwrap...