Skip to comments.15 Moronic Things Liberals Call Racism Since Obama Was Elected
Posted on 08/27/2013 4:33:27 AM PDT by Kaslin
Bizarrely, racism in America is no longer mainly about race. Sure, race is involved in a peripheral manner, but racism has mainly become an excuse, a dodge, a way to escape responsibility.
When a black liberal is criticized, he cries racism. When liberalism fails, liberals cry racism. When the Democrat Party gets in trouble, liberals cry racism. It has become the ever present background noise of politics, like birds chirping in the forest.
Racism does still exist and always will, but once the Democrat Party joined the GOP in being opposed to racist policies, appealing to racism became a dead dog political loser in this country. The very fact that we've become so hypersensitive about it as a country is evidence of how far it has been pushed to the fringes.
Keep in mind that we live in a nation with a black President and a black Attorney General. Furthermore, the government is legally allowed to discriminate against white Americans based on the color of their skin and it happily does so; yet you can't go a day in this country without hearing liberals howling about what a racist country they live in. It has almost become a circular, faith-based argument. America is racist because so many liberals say it's racist because they've heard other liberals say the country is racist.
Well, if our country is so racist, why is it that the Left has to reach so far to find examples of racism? People didnt have to do any reaching to find examples of racism in the fifties and sixties, did they? So, if racism is such an all powerful force in America today, how is it that liberals have gotten so desperate to see race in every issue that they've had to latch on to pitiful issues like these to support their claims?
1) Criticizing the IRS: "Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man. IRS is the new 'N****r.'" -- Martin Bashir
2) Having a Republican National Convention during a hurricane: "They are happy to have a party with black people drowning." -- Yahoo News Washington bureau chief David Chalian on the Republican National Convention, which was going on at the same time as Hurricane Isaac.
3) Wanting to own a gun to prevent break-ins: "I am loathe to bring up what is in our head because we dont like to talk about it so much. But on this particular day, on Martin Luther King Day, I think this needs to be said. That imaginary person thats going to break into your home and kill you, who does that person look like? You know, its not freckle-faced Jimmy down the street, is it really? I mean, thats not what really, thats not what really people, we never really want to talk about the racial or the class part of this, in terms of how its the poor or its people of color that we imagine that were afraid of. Why are we afraid? What is that, and its been a fear that has existed for a very, very long time." -- Michael Moore
4) Mentioning the "Constitution" or "respect for the Founding Fathers:" "The language of GOP racial politics is heavy on euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racial content of his message, Williams wrote. References to a lack of respect for the Founding Fathers and the Constitution also make certain ears perk up by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core old-fashioned American values." -- Juan Williams
5) Calling Obama "angry:" "That really bothered me. You notice (Romney) said anger twice. Hes really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama, the otherization, hes not like us. I know its a heavy thing, I dont say it lightly, but this is n*ggerization." -- Touré
6) Saying that Barack Obama lies: "Surrounded by middle-aged white guys a sepia snapshot of the days when such pols ran Washington like their own mens club Joe Wilson yelled You lie! at a president who didnt. But, fair or not, what I heard was an unspoken word in the air: You lie, boy!" -- Maureen Dowd
7) Noting that Obama is privileged: "Spotlighting his elite education is tantamount to racial bigotry because it insinuates that 'he took the place of someone else through affirmative action, that someone else being someone white.'" -- Jonathan Capehart
8) Saying that unions boss Obama around: "The Republican Party is saying that the President of the United States has bosses, that the union bosses this President around, the unions boss him around. Does that sound to you like they are trying to consciously or subconsciously deliver the racist message that, of course, of course a black man cant be the real boss?" -- Lawrence ODonnell
9) Supporting voter ID: ) If you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally and very transparently block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And its nothing short of that blatant. -- Debbie Wasserman Schultz
10) Saying "I want my country back:" "Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just dont know why we cant call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists with their cries of, I want my country back. You know what theyre really saying is, I want my white guy back. They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. Thats not tin-foil hat time. -- Janeane Garofalo
11) Being fans of Herman Cain: "One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he(hes) giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think hes a black man who knows his place. I know thats harsh, but thats how it sure seems to me." -- Karen Finney
12) Fighting for the 2nd Amendment: "I believe the NRA is the new KKK. And that the arming of so many black youths, uh, and loading up our community with drugs, and then just having an open shooting gallery, is the work of people who obviously dont have our best interests [at heart]." -- Jason Whitlock
13) Republicans trying to keep Obama from being reelected: "Look at, look, the Tea Partiers, who are controlling the Republican Party .Their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term. Whats, what does that, what underlines that? Screw the country. Were going to (do) whatever we (can) do to get this black man, we can, were going to do whatever we can to get this black man outta here. It is a racist thing." -- Morgan Freeman
14) Disliking the fact that Obama is President: "They cant stand the idea that hes president, and a piece of it is racism. Not that somebody in one racial group doesnt like somebody in another racial group, so what? Its the sense that the white race must rule, thats what racism is, and they cant stand the idea that a man whos not white is president. That is real, that sense of racial superiority and rule is in the hearts of some people in this country." -- Chris Matthews
15) Disliking Barack Obama: "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that hes African-American." -- Jimmy Carter
If you’re going to select a president strictly on the basis of race, it is very foolish not to consider the historical consequences of not selecting the best possible candidate for the job.
That about sums it up.
I’d add the following:
To merely disagree with Obama about ANY issue is now “racism”.
To not watch preborn babies(of any race) to be aborted is “racism”.
To agree with Christ’s definition of marriage is “racism”.
To think capitalism is better for everyone(including the poor) than socialism is “racism”.
To not worship Oprah Winfrey is “racism”.
And the list goes on...
very well said
Ten bucks says that that neurosurgeon from Johns Hopkins would be a *far* better President than is Osama Obama....and than was that peanut farmer from Georgia.
Indeed. They’re like little children who have a fit. When they’re not getting what they want it’s “racism”.
And don’t forget “black hole” and “black Friday”.
> What’s the definition of a racist? It’s anyone who’s winning a debate with a Marxist.
Yeah, they forgot that one...: )
The very fact that George Zimmerman was chosen as the face of white-on-black violence is proof that white-on-black violence is virtually non existent.
Also the fact that a clear case of self defense had to be prosecuted, says the same thing.
Is it racist when 96% of ONE race votes for a President based on the color of his skin?
Actually #9 voter ID is at the top of their list right now.
Not demanding the Zimmerman go to jail was one.
Not bad. I plead guilty for 14 of the fifteen.
We has a thread on FR recently where a woman said we should be able to use implicit racism as proof i the courtroom of hate crimes. A white person is automatically racist, even if they like black people.
Will you please rephrase again, as your post makes no sense. Perhaps you just woke up
Blacks have been taught to interpret anything they don't like or find irritable as racism.
Bus driver accidentally drops your token? RACISM !
Rain falls on your side of town but not in the suburbs? RACISM !
Flunk out of school because you never attend? RACISM !
You can't read or write? RACISM !
White people pretend they don't understand your street jive? RACISM !
Clerk won't let you buy beer on your EBT? RACISM !
White man fights back against black Yoots? RACISM !
White man tells blacks to stop killing blacks? RACISM !
White man pays no attention to blacks killing blacks? RACISM !
You catch a white woman looking at you? RACISM !
You catch a white woman not looking at you? RACISM !
And dont forget black hole and black Friday.
You deny man made global warming. Racism
POKANE, Wash. A second 16-year-old arrested in connection with the beating death of an 88-year-old World War II veteran is scheduled to make a court appearance Tuesday as another teenager was ordered held on $2 million bail. Demetrius L. Glenn, also 16, made an initial court appearance Monday afternoon.
Belton, who was wounded in the Battle of Okinawa, was beaten in his vehicle as he waited for a friend in the parking lot of an Eagles Lodge in north Spokane on Wednesday, and his wallet was taken.
Breathing while White is racist. There are lots of ‘teens’ on the streets today who are trying to eliminate Whites who are still breathing.
Prosecutors in Oklahoma murder of Layne say they have no evidence skin color had anything to do with it.
Had it been three white gang bangers shooting a black it would have had every thing to do with it.
16)a Voting for 0bama: You are not racist if you voted for Obama because he is black.
Indeed. Just ask “Kolanda”-
Just as the Rebels did with “Yankee Doodle Dandy” we need to EMBRACE “racism.” Anything offensive in the term has been removed by its overuse.
Yes, I’m racist; I support the Second Amendment, Castle Doctrine, and Stand Your Ground.
Yes, I’m racist; I support Voter ID and Border Security.
Yes, I’m racist; I think Obama is a big steaming pile and the people that voted for him are either stupid, ignorant, or evil.
Gee, none of that mentioned race. But, yes, I’m racist and proud of it. And I don’t give a damn what you think about it.
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
Good for you
Yeah, but you are a ignorant voter if you did
I had a good time pointing out how much of a blithering idiot the guy is.
That was probably completely lost on him.
Scouts Out! Cavalry Ho!
“If this be racism, make the most of it.”
I’d like to this list of “racism”: Asking a black person to turn down the volume of their TV/stereo is now considered racism as some blacks feel it means “you don’t want us to live!” And complaining about the lack of common courtesy and moral decency is now also racist. Duh.
“It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just dont know why we cant call them racists, or functionally retarded adults.”
Whoa! If I was Garofalo, I’d be real careful about stringing together the words “functionally retarded adults”. Talk about people in glass houses throwing stones!
The irony is 7 miles high with the maximun viscosity allowed by the constraints of physics.
See, we TEA Party people can use multisyllabic words too. Although it didn’t take me 14 hours puzzling over a dictionary and having to ask my Conservative friends what the words mean like she probably did.
KAREN MEANT TO SAY:
One of the things about OBAMA is, I think that he makes that white Democrat base of the party feel okay (you know, the party that was for slavery during the civil war and against Civil Rights during the 1960’s), feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy. I think he(hes) giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think hes a black man who knows his place. I know thats harsh, but thats how it sure seems to me.
There, now it’s fixed.
For many year I thought that Morgan Freeman was a thinking human being.
His nonsensical statement proved me wrong.
To Chris “Negative IQ” Matthews I have to say that I don't think that the same logic would be that America didn't like Hitler because of the overwhelming anti-German feelings in America at the time.
This guy is supposed to be working in the News industry. How is it that he hasn't heard any news about Obama???
He’s not a thinking human being but he plays one on TV. ;)
Because he works for what is essentially Pravda.