Skip to comments.
Elijah and the Seven-Thousand Prophets of God
Fervent Christians ^
| November 29, 2010
| Brian Burke
Posted on 11/30/2010 9:23:44 PM PST by truthnomatterwhat
The prophetic has been taken captive by strange voices, strange fire and strange operations. There are no watchman standing on the walls of our nation warning us of impending danger. Could it be that God through this economic crisis is shaking things that arent of Him, including false prophetic ministry?
there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word. (1 Kings 17:1)
Why did the Lord God command Elijah to prophesy this word? Was it His judgment on the people because of their sins? No, it wasnt the people whom the Lord was holding accountable. The Father is compassionate towards His children, His Love endures forever. This word was released because of the prophets of Jezebel and the prophets of Baal. You know the story.
In the Word of God, not all prophets were prophets of God. Balaam was a prophet who wanted to curse the people of God but he couldnt. He instead seduced them to commit adultery and fornication. Balaam did all this because of the lust of money. Balaams prophets lust after money and will prophesy your money out of your pockets with all sorts of tactics and gimmicks. You may have seen them on Christian Television . They are masters of manipulation using enticing words of mans wisdom to merchandise Gods people. Baal on the other hand is the god of divination and this foreign god has its own prophets. They prophesy through familiar spirits who carry out the prophetic words spoken by its mouthpieces. Baals prophets prophesy according to the idolatry in peoples hearts. This is deception. Just because someone prophesies whats in your heart does not mean its confirmation of Gods will. The true prophets of God reveal the heart, mind and will of God not yours.
(Excerpt) Read more at ferventchristian.com ...
TOPICS: Charismatic Christian; Ministry/Outreach; Religion & Culture; Theology
KEYWORDS: church; judgment; ministry; prophets
Nonetheless, it is still a good idea to set place for Elija anyway, since it would be REALLY embarrassing if he were to return without a call first.
And since he was not deprived of corpus in his ascension it isn’t out of the realm of possibility...
posted on 11/30/2010 9:48:04 PM PST
(FYI: everything I post is IMHO -- YOU JACKWAGON! [no offense -- I just like that word])
Paul says ICorinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: (examples) and they are written for our admonition, (warning) upon whom the ends of the world (age) are come.
We already have the script given by the prophets and interesting that Paul brings forth IKings 19:18 in Romans 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? “I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.”
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it,
and the rest were blinded....
25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be *saved*: as it is written, “There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:”
There are some souls on this earth that are Divinely blinded and unless or until God sees fit to open their eyes and ears they will stay blinded. Romans 11:8 “God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear”;) unto this day.
9 And David saith, “Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompense unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.”
Then Paul tells the reason. There is a reason and time and again it is called ignorance, willingly ignorant, sottish, etc. But thankfully for us all individually only the Heavenly Father is the judge and knows the heart and mind of us better than we know our self. Time is in His hands.
To: DManA; GiovannaNicoletta; CynicalBear; ex-Texan; M. Espinola; topcat54; ShadowAce; oldenuff2no; ...
I enjoyed your essay, for several reasons.
- My denomination recognizes the charismatic gift of prophecy.
- Your discussion of the "hidden elect" reminded me of Albert Jay Nock's essay Isaiah's Job. Our job is to be faithful. God will bring the hidden elect to us. Our words will bring clarity, joy, and direction to unknown multitudes, if we but faithfully persist.
- The prevalence of profit-maddened false prophets is a blight upon God's people today. One famous "prophecy expert," for example, has been predicting the end of the world since 1968. He trades in his books and his marriages as each is overtaken by time -- new titles, new faces, same plot -- is on marriage #4 at last count, and is a major Christian site's revered pundit in residence. (one reason I come here instead of there!)
- The false prophets discourage God's people from attempting great enterprises for his glory. Major projects take time -- and why bother if we don't have the time?
- The false prophets assert the impotence of the normal means of grace. Even though Jesus is with us, and has / exerts "all power in heaven and on earth," the fight is fixed. The game is rigged. No matter how faithfully we go into all the world, bring the nations under the discipline of the gospel, baptize, and teach, it's all ultimately pointless, since God has already decided to take a dive and let the other team have the earth. At least, for 7 years.
- The false prophets are blind to anything that contradicts their gloom-and-doom message. The 100 million Chinese Christians matter less, are less important, in their besotted brains, than the 200 million Chinese soldiers they expect to march across a thousand miles of desert!
- The false prophets have a wretched record when it comes to date setting. Is a generation 20, 30, 40, or 70 years? Counting from 1844, 1890,1914, 1939, 1948, 1968, 2000 ... ?
- The false prophets were caught with their britches down by the return of the Russian people to the Christian fold.
- The false prophets can't get the number of members of the European Union right -- and that entity is on its way out, along with Soviet Communism (And America's smug, materialistic secularism. And Islam)
- The false prophets have no compassion. They gloat over the anticipated slaughter of most of their fellow creatures, and are eager, for example, to herd all of the world's Jews into one little patch of land in order to more conveniently exterminate 2/3 of them. At least, in their diseased imaginations.
- The false prophets undercut the credibility of the Gospel, by encouraging God's people to assert bizarre things.
Well, that's good for starters!
posted on 12/01/2010 12:33:59 AM PST
(The press corpse is going through the final stages of Hopium withdrawal. That leg tingle is urine.)
(Excerpt) Read more at ferventchristian.com ...
"More on profit-motivated prophets. But first, a word from our sponsors...."
The famine in the end times will be of hearing of the "Word". I do agree with the absolute need to store food for emergencies, and for when the SHTF... I personally believe in a coming shortage, combined with soaring prices, I just don't think it will be 7 years. If it lasts more than 6 months, there WILL be many deaths by starvation, pestilence and plague. Even those abiding within Christ will fall by the wayside, "unless those days are shortened". I daily look for ways to prepare.
What do you think about the fact that the NWO will come into being with peace and prosperity? I mean how else can people be fooled unless they are "getting something"?
posted on 12/01/2010 2:05:36 PM PST
(Don't support the Republican party, work to "fundamentally change" it...conservative would be nice)
Opinions posted on Free Republic are those of the individual
posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its
management. All materials posted herein are protected by copyright law and the
exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson